How often do you use profanities?

RainbowMau

I censor myself a lot when I'm interacting on the internet; in person, I swear like a sailor and make raunchy jokes constantly.

EDIT: Oops. Noticed I already posted in this topic. I'm a dumb! :blush:

Don;t worry, I've done that myself several times  :proud: . I mean, who keep tracks if what topics one participated specially if they are over 40 pages and you posted months ago :dash:?

I usually use profanities with my brother, with friends less, family even less, formal situation virtually never. Here, since it's allowed as long as NOT overdone, I use a profanity every 10 post or so :huh:. Yeah, even with the profanity privileges I rarely find a post appropriate for it  :-P , as I'm not the kind of dude to use them gratuitously  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

It's whenever I am extremely frustrated and angry with something or someone, or when I get shocked, scared, or hurt. I pretty much swear almost all the time, and I can't help it. XD

At work, I'll swear like a sailor. It helps when dealing with irate customers that got pissed off for no good reason. Swearing under your breath as they walk away feels good.

At home when I'm around my family, my language is so clean it sparkles. 

all the fucking time...I've been trying to clean up my mouth for professional reasons, but in my personally life I don't censor myself at all. And part of being from Jersey is swearing all the damn time

image_zpse399e31b.jpg

What fun is there in making sense?

Please take the time to check out my Etsy Shop or help support my art on Patreon

Far too much. Obviously it started in late middle and high school, however it has declined as I've matured more.

Holding my tongue is something I've always done besides around friends who also used such. I certainly don't swear like a sailor, and much of my profanity nowadays is just random satire with friends playing games, however it remains something I am improving upon.

• Brohoof 1

tumblr_ophom39tgR1qcy62fo1_250.gif

I'm constantly cussing in my mind and under my breath, but I haven't made it a habit of mine to use profanities aloud and online. I'm usually very careful, although I do, often enough, still talk the occasional bad word when chatting to my friends.

• Brohoof 1

I mostly only swear if I've physically hurt myself, or if something has pissed me off. If I made a mistake, I might throw a "shit" here and there, Other than that, I don't tend to swear in normal conversation.

I personally don't think swearing in of itself is bad. It's only bad when you're using them to attack or bully another person, and it's childish if just used profusely without reason. But having to censor an impulsive phrase like "damn it" with "dang it"? It's that sort of thing that I don't see much point in doing.

Sigfram3.gif

I used get angry somewhat easily, like when playing. I'd use swear words then, but that was basically it. It did bug me and my family, which bugged me even more so with time I learnt not to get angry so easily. MLP among others actually helped me smile a lot more, in spite of being already quite optimistic before that.

So now, it's pretty much when I hurt myself, when I need a quick vent or when I find someone has been doing something wrong or dumb. Not neessarily as a means to insult them mind you. Example: someone doesn't notice the glass door, I'd laugh and say "haha, what an idiot :lol:  " all the while hoping they didn't hurt themselves too badly. I hate seeing people hurt... :( 

I f****** swear all the s****** time, I mean... b**** who the k*** doesn't? Any y****** **** that f******* says they s****** don't is a j****** t**** e****.  Profanity is p********** my s***** r**** language, but g**** seriously?  who the n**** d******* w***** cares?

But really it depends on who I'm with, I tailor my language to the audience.  I don't swear in front of my parents, or other normal people, in the same way that I don't use work-related technical jargon in front of them.  Profanity is meant to carry weight, it should be powerful, so by not swearing constantly it adds impact when you do, and people will notice that.

• Brohoof 1

qDMpMKO.jpg

I f****** swear all the s****** time, I mean... b**** who the k*** doesn't? Any y****** **** that f******* says they s****** don't is a j****** t**** e****.  Profanity is p********** my s***** r**** language, but g**** seriously?  who the n**** d******* w***** cares?

Err... Should I worry that I couldn't fill all the blanks? :confused:

In fact, I only managed to fill like what...a third of them?

• Brohoof 1

I rarely swear about anything. I'll admit in recent years I've started to swear a little more but that's mainly for jokes....... and when I'm really angry but never generally. In my eyes I just don't see the reason for it and not to mention the idea that swear words are "forbidden words to use" has basically been drilled into my head by my family and school.

I think the only reason I've started to use swear words now is because I've been around so many people who use swear words and I've just got older :P. Not to mention I went through high school where a lot of people discover swear words and use them all the time XD, even my mum has started swearing around me.

img-19020-1-UhOc03y.png

Thank you Cherribomb for the Signature!

https://twitter.com/Codelyy

I don't swear at all right now. If I am quoting something that has it, I will, but I don't swear on my own. If I did swear often, I think it would lose its meaning quickly. I would only swear if there is something that I really feel that I need to.

BuildingsWildWest.jpg

i try not to swear too often, I don't really have anything against using profanities within context, as in I believe there's a time and place for it, but it does really annoy and disgust me when some people use nothing but profanities for every second word in every single sentence they say or type.. 

• Brohoof 1

dh8pajf-ac342e8a-b6e1-481d-9845-071b8489

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

Verbally, I do not curse whatsoever. I have typed out a few, mostly in reference to a joke or meme that has it, or during times that I've been super angry. There are words I would never convey in any format, however.

• Brohoof 1

656901678_ezgif.com-gif-maker2.gif.0dfb97ebeedd897b8c8973de0d538e17.gif

Firstly i must be really angry for doing this. In this forum, i never use profanities even in my PM's. Anyway, in real life for example; when something bad has happened or ongoing bad luck etc.. i could use some profanities but i always try to be very careful not to use profanities to someone even s/he made me very angry. You know, the strongest man is not the fighter who beats his rival. The strongest man is who can control himself when he is angry.

• Brohoof 1

rsz_11mane_six.png

• 2 years later...