web What's your opinion on The Nostalgia Critic?

Alex Z

I see his web show as a "black comedy" of sorts first, review second. He reviewed bad movies I love like the Thief and the Cobbler, the Grinch, and the Swan Princess, but his final verdict doesn't change my view of the films as long as I had laughs during the review..

• Brohoof 1

A Dragon as big as his love for Disney and has his head in the clouds literally and figuratively

948524045_DragonWillGuideBannerbyWifeofHawks.jpg.d26404e241135b8f330fd49c3a2858d9.jpg 

Ask Will Guide | Signature by Wife of Hawks | WiiGuy2014’s OCs

Its trash. Bunch of fedora neckbeards on that site."James Rolfe" started this anger management cult of hating anything that can easily be picked. "Mr.Trash can, i hate you." "Mrs.Old Cassette player, i hate you" and so on. Its misinformed based anger. So all i think about is this

Edited by ShintX

I usually don't watch him, but when I do, I really like it. He's funny and insightful, and his lists are pretty entertaining.

• Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-55317300-1414605702.png

Signature by Kyoshi

Hymenoptera is the most superior order of insects. | I'm the best Street Fighter player ever... in my hometown.

Rosalina's #1 fanboy.

He is actually pretty funny sometimes, he often brings up valid points, and is a very entertaining guy. He's cool, and way better than most of the "Angry critic" wave of copycats that swept the internet back in the early 2000's.

...Man, I feel so old right now. I'm not even in my late twenties yet.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was akin to a slow death. If I must live as I did before then... -Lelouch, Code Geass - My NEW DeviantART: http://SilverStarApple.deviantart.com/Want to make money for being an AWESOME PONY? https://www.tsu.co/Epsilon725

My fanfic, starring Silver Star Apple: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/224996/the-shining-silver-star-of-the-apple-family

I like his stuff for the most part. Some don't like his persona, and if he didn't have good points and some tongue in cheek moments I wouldn't like him as much either, but he is one of the few that can pull off the angry bit and work. You can tell he puts effort into it and isn't just yelling mindlessly at the subject... most of the time....

• Brohoof 2

I watched one of his reviews for an unquestionably bad film (as in, one where most people will have the same opinions on it), so I don't know a lot about him, but from what I watched he was entertaining enough, though perhaps a bit over-the-top for my taste.

Fluttershy - Eloquence - Chamomile - Ginseng - Lovestruck

I used to watch his videos religiously, I thought he was absolutely hilarious and often quite insightful too, he actually knows the stuff he's talking about it and can explain very well the reasons behind why he doesn't like something or thinks it's bad. Since he "retired" the character his videos since haven't quite been the same, I think there's a deliberate attempt on his part not to do them in "character" as much which takes away a bit of the fun of it. I still like to check out his videos from time to time (might actually go have a look just now), but I don't wait for them every week like I used to.

In terms of other stuff from the TGWITG site I like Linkara (Atop the 4th Wall), but he's gone quite downhill in terms of his review selections, imo. Used to watch the odd Nostalgia Chick video and listen to Weekly Manga Recap, was listening to Nerd to the 3rd Power for a bit recently too.

I really loved the nostalgia critic and find I agree with his view more often than not.  I find that even if I don't agree with him on the overall score of the movie I still enjoy his review.

• Brohoof 2

In my opinion, he seems kinda arrogant and full of himself, but I cannot deny that he does sometimes make good points with some reviews. Still, his humor and overdone scripts sometimes feel forced. I even remember him making some random Brony jokes that were insanely out of place and made no sense.

Overall, I do watch some of his videos from time to time, but I am not a big fan of him. To me, he is just 'okay'.

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

I would call the Nostalgia Critic one of the innovators and pioneers of the medium of Internet video. His stuff is pretty damned entertaining, too. Very entertaining but informative as well, and the best thing is that he never sounds as if he's taking himself too seriously. He has that wildly comedic, yet sane and collected tone about him.

What's amazing was his ability to persist through the copyright trouble that plagued his show early in its existence to expand to platforms such as Blip, make a business deal with Channel Awesome to ensure his stability of resources, and the fact that he was able to make this a full-time job. He was an inspiration to so many amateur reviewers and many across Internet media.

• Brohoof 1

I am a huge Nostalgia Critic fan, in fact, I was getting to the Nostalgia Critic at the same time I was getting to the ponies, it was from Channel Awesome I first heard about bronies, usually leaving pony related comments on this channel, so both the Critic and ponies came in to life, just when I really needed to laugh and be happy, during some turbulent times. I owe a debt of gratitude to both MLP and the NC, when all they came into my life, I was stricken by PTSD, brought out by stress living in the city, but the main thing that kept my moral strong, were these entertainers, I loved his reviews of North, the Garbage Pail Kids, Batman and Robin, Dungeons and Dragons, the entire Sequel month and Nostalgia-ween. Like him or love him, he is successful, and he has inspired a new generation of internet reviewers, including bronies, Commander Firebrand, for example, who is a military brony reviewer, had a podcast with Doug Walker himself, and that is awesome, I love the Nostalgia Critic because he is approachable, witty, and he admits when he is wrong, yet firm enough to not back down from his critics, same with MLP, it has its critics too, but that has not hindered the herd from enjoying our ponies, also I find it ironic, that NC fans are nostalgic for the old NC videos, to the point where the miss the colour of the wall in the background. like this nostalgia for My Little Pony seasons one and two,  try to keep that in mind when you are criticized for enjoying something old or new. 

• Brohoof 1

I like him a lot, he does make a lot of valid points about the movies, but at the same time does in a very comedic fashion which keeps people interested while other reviewers can become boring.

Edited by PsychedelicPony

9DbY353.png

Sig by The Frozen Pegasus

• 3 months later...

While I prefer red letter media and especially their Mr. Plinkett's style of review and humor, Nostalgia critic is fine even if I think he should stop doing his over the top and large humor skits and focus more on the reviews themselves.

I like his older work.

His new videos have too many stupid skits and cutaways.

Pretty much this. I just never tend to find the other people in his reviews to be funny or entertaining. Some of the stuff he does on the side on his own is alright but I'd rather he focus on the actual movie review.

space-dandy.png