Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Provided that the movie is indeed the series finale...

Plonkett

Do you think they'll make additional shows and movies after they wrap up FiM? I'm sure there's plenty of stuff they could make to tell more about the MLP universe, as FiM would be just the beginning of it all. There could be a show about Twilight Sparkle being in Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, or a show starring dragons that have their own adventures.

• Brohoof 2

Do you think they'll make additional shows and movies after they wrap up FiM? I'm sure there's plenty of stuff they could make to tell more about the MLP universe, as FiM would be just the beginning of it all. There could be a show about Twilight Sparkle being in Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, or a show starring dragons that have their own adventures.

I don't really know about that, considering how Hasbro have done things in the past I assume they'll once again reboot MLP. Not to mention last year an investor mentioned that Hasbro had five more years planned for the current version of MLP(in other words up to 2018)so I'm not sure if the movie really will be the finale.

• Brohoof 2

The movie is the series finale? Huh.

I doubt they'll end FiM like that, we are Hasbro's biggest cash cow EVER. Plus, they confirmed plans to continue airing until 2017.

Still, if it is I do presume they will continue the franchise in a different way - like I said, we are just a giant cash cow Hasbro are milking.

EDIT

Heck, we're such a giant cash cow hasbro will milk us until we're dry. Basically, they'll keep on making the show until it's so bad bronies die out.

Edited by BuzzBuzzTheBee
  • Brohoof 1

If they can still pull out the success that made MLP such a storm of popularity craze even after it had ended with the movie, then it could work.

But right now, it's too early to figure out what could come out of the franchise and the series when G4 ends sometime later. I can't have an opinion until I see the official product 2-3 years later.

• Brohoof 1

How about a show where Princess Twilight meets a young filly with amazing magical potential, and she takes that filly under her wing as her number one student?

My imagination sees this...

Twilight grinned, and glanced over at Princess Celestia.

"Was I ever that eager?" she whispered as the young filly excitedly danced around the room.

Celestia suppressed a giggle. "She's actually quite calm, compared to a certain filly I remember on her first day of school."

Hasbro already stated 'five more years' when interviewed about their continued interest in continuing this generation of MLP; 2017 is only three of that. Somehow I doubt the movie will act as a series finale. Plans can easily change, but based on current information, I don't think so.

I am not sure what this will mean for the franchise as a whole....realistically speaking, very few TV shows maintain their fandom for many years (i'm thinking more than 5)....Long running kids shows seem to keep the fans, but even then, they pick fans from a younger generation and drop older fans. Bronies are going to be the anomaly in this and it's really hard to see if the brony fandom will still exist as strong as it does now by 2017....

Of course, it all depends on the show. If it goes downhill, it will lose fans regardless...but if it is able to maintain the quality is has, A movie would be a fitting way to end it (because nothing lasts forever), or a fitting way to drastically change directions with the show.....

I doubt that it will end the series. MLP FiM is too huge as of now. If they canceled the episode, Hasbro and DHX would lose WAY too much business and money. It would be difficult for them to keep their companies afloat nowadays. Also, I guess that I'm telling myself this, as much as I am telling you. I would hate for their to be an and to these ponies. After all, I only became a brony about a month and a half ago. PLEASE DON'T END FiM!

I agree with a lot of others on this, Hasbro would lose too much money if they dropped MLP:FiM right now, and no company wants to lost money right? 

There have been quite a few fandoms that've stayed together for a while. Pokémon has been around for a long time, and I know a TON of fans myself included. 

A movie ending wouldn't be horrible, but at the point we're at right now, I don't see it happening. It's probably just something for us bronys (and our wallets) to be ready for next season. 4 years isn't a long time for a show to be running anyways. 

I hope the movie would be the series finale. Because if the show continued on after the movie, it would end up like Spongebob and outstate it's welcome. And hasbro better make the movie good, or else we'll riot.

It would be nice if they

well wrapped up with the

mane six but kept the the

FIM world but with new

ponies this time around like

a Gen 2 set in the same world. 

Maybe expand the world

and such and maybe

not having saw the new

gen well,  All ponies?

Even if the current genreation beats the other 3 by MILES (or at least G3, as it's the only other one I saw), they can't rely on it forever. They eventually need to make a G5. The show will eventually suffer seasonal rot. I think the movie will definitely be a good ending.

Wow, so many people want the show to keep going on. If it ends when it's supposed to (for instance, a movie finale), people will be complaining that Hasbro shouldn't have cancelled MLP, and that every good show gets cancelled.

If it went on, people will be complaining that the show is going on for too long, and say that it was good until the movie came out.

The show has to end at some point, and I think that six seasons is enough seasons for the show. The staff has a good track record for ending shows at the right time, so hopefully they'll do the same for MLP.

However, if worst comes to worst, and they're contractually obligated to keep the MLP brand going, the best solution would probably be to start a new MLP show, with a different setting and/or time period, starring different characters. Maybe change the formula and the feel of the show, so that it isn't a carbon copy of FIM.