Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When do you get a Christmas Tree?

Vox

Ours has been the same artificial tree for a few years, and it has been stored in the basement usually until Thanksgiving, however this year it's going to be a little late because of other things.

So usually, we'd have to have it ready by Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving weekend at the latest.

• Brohoof 2

I thibk we put it up in the beginning of December. It used to be much taller, but it was too tall to decorate, so we use one less "trunk" (it's artificial). It'll look nice :).

If we even get one up, it depends. When I was little we used to do it the day after Thanksgiving. But 2007 and beyond it's been mixed. One year we had a real one, and it was really pretty. Most years we haven't put one up at all. After 2007 that 'magic' was lost completely.

My family owns a fake Christmas tree, so we can put it up whenever we like.

We usually put it up on my birthday, though.

Edited by Royal Blue Jay
  • Brohoof 1

We have a fake one but some years we just don't put it up. I don't care to put them up, decorate them and all that in spite of my love of decorations.

When I'm finally living on my own there will be no Christmas tree ever.

My family has an artificial tree. Because stagnant water, sap in the carpet and stepping on pine needles well into April was nobody's idea of fun. They typically put it up about two weeks before Christmas and take it down the day after New Year's.

• Brohoof 1

We always got our Christmas tree the first weekend of December. It was also a real tree, so we couldn't get it too early or it would be mostly dead by the time Christmas arrived. My insistence on a real tree is why we always got one. My parents would have preferred one that was artificial for the sake of convenience, but I love the smell of them. So does the dog; he would always sniff the tree and lick it. :lol:

This year they put up an artificial tree and that happened about a week before Thanksgiving. I can appreciate why some people would still prefer to wait, but Christmas trees and decorations do a lot to lift the mood of the house, and are generally delightful to look at. Nothing wrong with jumping on that as soon as possible, imo.

We have one we reuse year after year. It's one of those artificial ones :D It serves its purpose well and is easy and fun to decorate and doesn't cause allergy problems like a real one :please:

I also have a little replica of the tree from the Charlie Brown Christmas thingy I put up in my room :D I think it's cool.