Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Champion RD92's Rock Music Thread

Champion RD92

It has this faint, echoey arena effect applied to it that made it sound extra awesome.

It's known as "reverse echo". It's a common effect that's used to enhance and add certain level of grandness to the vocal track.

It can only be found on the Ten album version, though.

• Brohoof 1

Arguably the greatest band of all time. Together for over 20 years without a single breakup, constantly evolving musically, and a huge fucking inspiration.

Well, I'm gonna argue it a smidge. :P Even among the 5 major grunge bands to pop up in the 90's, Pearl Jam is easily 3rd behind Alice In Chains and Soundgarden.

• Brohoof 1

I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD!!!

I mean, I've posted rock music on other threads that were kind of fitting, but definitely not as fitting as this one is!

Just seeing THIS page (62), I am already loving it.  

---

Ok, so, you guys talking about grunge... Yes, I love both Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains.  But... (and I might get some crap for this)... I seriously believe Nirvana was the best grunge band.  

I love all of all their albums, but their first album Bleach is what started it all.  It is grunge to the core.  It was VERY influential.  The song I chose to link above is probably one that many people don't think of at first when they think of Nirvana.  

• Brohoof 2

Ok, so, you guys talking about grunge... Yes, I love both Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains.  But... (and I might get some crap for this)... I seriously believe Nirvana was the best grunge band.  

Man, I really do like Nirvana, but I honestly cannot put anyone above Pearl Jam in terms of being a grunge band. Their music is so...perfect, man. I must've listened to every song on Ten or Vs. twenty times over by now. One of the best bands of all time - they're all really talented at their instruments, and their music just oozes passion and they even fit the bill of a grunge band in terms of personality. They're the quintessential grunge band for me :please:

Also, not grunge, but I was listening to this earlier when I stumbled across the picture that has become my avatar :D Very fitting, if I do say so myself.

Man, I really do like Nirvana, but I honestly cannot put anyone above Pearl Jam in terms of being a grunge band. Their music is so...perfect, man. I must've listened to every song on Ten or Vs. twenty times over by now. One of the best bands of all time - they're all really talented at their instruments, and their music just oozes passion and they even fit the bill of a grunge band in terms of personality. They're the quintessential grunge band for me :please:

Gah, I'm such an over-analyzer... First and foremost, I love both Nirvana and Pearl Jam (and Alice in Chains, too).  So, I totally respect your views on this.  But I think maybe, it would better if you'd worded that as "Pearl Jam is my favorite grunge band" - rather than "... in terms of being a grunge band" - because otherwise it's like you're trying to say that Pearl Jam is more of a grunge band than Nirvana.  

(Lmao, I don't even know why I had to say that, I mean, I knew exactly what you meant... I hate my natural obsession with semantics... lol, such a contradiction.)

Annnyways... total respect, man.  To each his own.  I just prefer Nirvana *shrugs* ...  And lmao, I've listened to [their albums] Bleach and Nevermind probably that many times!  (In Utero I probably listened to about half as much as the previous 2 albums).  

---

Also, not grunge, but I was listening to this earlier when I stumbled across the picture that has become my avatar :D Very fitting, if I do say so myself.

[The Police - Message in a Bottle]

Oh goodness, that's a great song!  Love the percussion - very clean, crisp, and pristine.

---

You've probably seen me post links to Adema in other threads, but, I just have to do it here, too, because it seems no one has ever responded with their thoughts on Adema.  What do you guys think of them:

Here's an old one from their first [self-titled] album, the song "Close Friends"

Here's a newer one from their album Planets, the song "Sevenfold"

Listening to Device again. This whole album is so much yes and in spite of the naysayers I really hope Draiman continues this project. An amazing substitute for Disturbed until they decide to start doing music again, if they ever do.

Gah, I'm such an over-analyzer... First and foremost, I love both Nirvana and Pearl Jam (and Alice in Chains, too).  So, I totally respect your views on this.  But I think maybe, it would better if you'd worded that as "Pearl Jam is my favorite grunge band" - rather than "... in terms of being a grunge band" - because otherwise it's like you're trying to say that Pearl Jam is more of a grunge band than Nirvana.  

Ok then, pal...:confused:

Oh goodness, that's a great song!  Love the percussion - very clean, crisp, and pristine.

Their drummer is really the most talented member of that band :D He even composed the entire soundtrack for the first Spyro game :please: Hella talented guy right there :D

Anyway, here's one of my favorite songs from my childhood :D I remember my dad would burn CDs, and I'd always have him put this song and "Santeria" by Sublime on the CDs because I loved those songs so much :please:

Ok then, pal... :confused:

LOL sorry -  that was just my own opinion  ;)

Their drummer is really the most talented member of that band :D He even composed the entire soundtrack for the first Spyro game :please: Hella talented guy right there :D

Anyway, here's one of my favorite songs from my childhood :D I remember my dad would burn CDs, and I'd always have him put this song and "Santeria" by Sublime on the CDs because I loved those songs so much :please:

[Tonic]

Wow that's awesome!  Guess I've got pretty good ears, hehehe  :lol:

---

Wh-- Huh! Oh my gosh!  I've not heard that song in forever!  I love that song!  I'm so glad you posted it, I have a feeling I'm going to be pressing the repeat button a few times, hehe.

• Brohoof 2

One of the most underrated Rush songs out there - personally, I like this one more than anything of theirs besides "Limelight" and "The Trees" :D

The Trees <3

One of my fav songs ever

• Brohoof 1

Ever since I was little, my father had me listening to some kind of music. It was his passion in life - he even played in a band from '93 - '95. It was something I developed a lot of interest in because of him, and we'd listen to all sorts of good music when I was little.

This was one of the songs that we listened to most - and it's what convinced me that music is just as meaningful as a full-color oil painting or a sonnet. This song is a masterpiece, and I just thought I'd share it while I was listening to it.

• Brohoof 1