Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Champion RD92's Rock Music Thread

Champion RD92

So, the Eagles concert was absolutely amazing. @_@

I'd upload the videos I took to YouTube, but they'll probably get taken down super quick. The Eagles are strict with that kinda thing.

But here's a crappy picture. :P

post-24966-0-78094400-1412322542_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, Guitar Hero/Rock Band spurred a few of my musical interests (Alice In Chains, Metallica, Anthrax, Motley Crue, and Police)

I actually found a lot of really great songs/bands that I love from Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Also games like Tony Hawk that had good soundtracks.

• Brohoof 2

I actually found a lot of really great songs/bands that I love from Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Also games like Tony Hawk that had good soundtracks.

This game had probably my all-time favorite soundtrack, even if I'm not really a fan of a lot of the bands.

This URL will probably take you to a playlist but it's meant to be this album, not specifically this song. I haven't listened to much Chevelle in the last few years and this is the only album of them that I even know. They have a strangely unique sound even though it feels like they shouldn't. I love it for reasons unknown.

My favorite song on this album is To Return.

While we're on the subject of Chevelle I might as well show this and give a bit of history:

When I was younger I wasn't much for screamo vocals. This song right here? This broke me from that mold. The first time I heard it I didn't particularly like it but I was intrigued so I kept listening to it. Eventually it started to sound better and better. Same thing with Avenged Sevenfold. The growling vocals in their Waking The Fallen album bugged me when I first heard them but the more I listened the more I grew to like it.

Now growling vocals are a treasure, especially combined with clean vocals. These two bands are the ones that introduced me to it and now I am the metalhead you know and love.
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...