Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do You Care About Achievements, Trophies, Etc.

Castle Bleck

No I really don't care. It's cool to earn them when you aren't even trying, but going for all of the trophies is kind of useless in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

Not even a little. As I don't care about the public accolades, "Achievement Hunting" just feels like grinding in an RPG, without the benefit of giving you things in the game. It's time I could otherwise have spent playing another game, or doing the things I want to do in the same game. If I get achievements because I was good enough to beat a secret boss, or find a hidden thing, awesome. I DID achieve that. But going out of my way to "catch 'em all" would just take too much time.

Edited by TenorSounds

Like I said, especially years ago it was like a hobby, now I try getting most but if too hard I wont try anymore. Still right now I have

1690 Trophies so far, from that are 1356 Bronze, 252 Silver, 66 Gold and 16 Platinum

in

Batman Arkham Asylum(57%)

Batman Arkham City(31%)

Battlefield Bad Company(67%)

Battlefield Bad Company 2(71% And Platinum)

Battlefield 1943(100%)

Battlefield 3(61%)

Welcome Park(100%)

Bioshock(56%)

Bioshock 2(44%)

Call of Duty Black Ops(68%)

Call of Duty Black Ops 2(45%)

Call of Duty World at War(71% And Platinum)

F1 2010(50%)

F1 2011(31%)

F1 2012(42%)

F1 2013(21%)

Grand Theft Auto V PS3(65%)

GTA IV(68%)

Killzone(100% And Platinum)

Killzone 2(66% And Platinum)

Killzone 3(64% And Platinum)

Killzone Mercenary(60%)

LittleBigPlanet(27%)

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance(42%)

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker(100% And Platinum)

Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes PS3(100%)

Metal Gear Solid 2 PS VITA(91%)

Metal Gear Solid 2 PS3(100% And Platinum)

Metal Gear Solid 3 PS VITA(100% And Platinum)

Metal Gear Solid 3 PS3(100% And Platinum)

Metal Gear Solid 4(100% And Platinum)

Metro Last Light PS3(28%)

Modern Warfare 2(88%)

Modern Warfare 3(61%)

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit(51%)

Need for Speed Most Wanted PS3(70%)

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale PS VITA(97% And Platinum)

Red Dead Redemption(48%)

Saboteur(100% And Platinum)

Uncharted Drake's Fortune(100% And Platinum)

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves(73% And Platinum)

Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception(51% And Platinum)

Uncharted Golden Abyss(100% And Platinum)

WipEout HD(24%)

• Brohoof 1

I'll be honest in gaming I quite love them, it makes me feel a little better about my gameplay ;) 

though for them which have little use... not so much but better than nothing I suppose...

I like them, I enjoy getting them, but I have no obsession! :lol:

Edited by Everleaf

For some games, achievements is a must, since not finishing makes it incomplete. These achievements are the ones from Action - Adventure game. 

On the other hand, some games' achievements can frustate us since it's hard as hell.

For me it just depends on the game, and what the achievements are and how many there are. I've received 2 Platinum trophies on my PSN account for completing all achievements in Assassin's Creed 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. But no other games because they're just way too hard to get nowadays.

I used to care about gamer score on my old account on my xbox 360.

After I hit 75k I stopped caring because I didn't feel like I was getting anything from it.

Its pointless in my opinion because they are there just for show.

Edited by Creative

Generally, I don't care. I might try unlock one of them every now and then, but I just play the way I want to because I feel achievements are only meant for meaningless bragging rights.

Fun to have them to show your skill, but in the end, they mean nothing.

This only applies if the achievements are difficult to get or in a hard game. I'm looking at your Demon's Souls and your Pure Blade stone.

Edited by Child of Darkness

It really depends on the game. Certain games revolve around achievements, or are obtained by simply progressing in the game, so I purposely go out to find every single one. Though games like Battlefield and Rage I just play for game-play enjoyment, I could care less about their achievements. 

That said, if I'm stuck bored over the weekend I'll achievement hunt for something to do.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not usually an achievement hunter, but I'm an absolute achievement horse when it comes to TF2. The class milestones give useful weapons and seeing people rage when you earn an achievement from killing them is the greatest feeling a game has given me.

I'm on two halves with them. On one hoof, they can extend the life of a game, give you a feeling of accomplishment, and it is fun to see my number slowly rise as it does. Gives a sense of progress. On the other hoof, they can at times be frustrating, and given that there is someone with over G1,000,000, it is a very arbitrary number in the grand scheme of things. I still think they are a great addition to gaming though. Another positive they give is they give all of your games a sense of unity. Like how every Xbox 360 game I have played is in a nice list and I can see all of the achievements I have earned. I really like that for different reasons. It's like making memories. :3

• Brohoof 2

I love achievements and trophies.

On xbox I have around about 25,000G

Games I've completed:

Minecraft

Harms way

The Walking Dead

Saints Row: The Third

Saints Row IV

Hitman Absolution

Assassins Creed II

Assassins Creed Brootherhood

Then I moved to PS4 and now I've completed:

Assassins Creed: Black Flag (including DLC)

Watch Dogs (excluding DLC)

Almost completed:

Dust: an Elysian tail (one more trophy to go)

Assassins Creed: Unity (currently my top priority, 2 easy trophies to go)

Games I know I can get platinum in by the end of 2015:

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Saints Row IV: Re elected edition

Saints Row: Gat outta Hell

Infamous: Second Son

(Possibly Assassins Creed: Victory depending on the trophy list)

• Brohoof 1

Ehhhh not really. It's fun to get them and all but I don't see it as a big deal or anything.

All it does is just add more to do when you play the game. When I get them in like 'oh cool' then maybe I try for another but that's about it.

• Brohoof 1

If they actually unlock stuff in game like in Super Smash Bros.? Hell yeah I do.

If it's just some system-wide intergrated thing? Haven't had much experience with that sort of thing personally, but I can't say I've ever had much interest in achievements like that. :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

I used to love collecting trophies and achievements. I preferred the trophy system since it gave a nice "End Goal", the platinum trophy, While achievements were better at judging overall accomplishment. It was fun and challenging. Though, nowadays I've mostly stopped gaming, so that's put off to the side for now

Sorta, it's proof that you've actually accomplished something in a game.Like tonight I got the Achievement in Destiny for completing a Raid. I'm so happy I finally got that achievement, because it's one I never thought I'd get, as you need to organize 6 people and with teamwork, take down an endboss named "Atheon" in the "Vault Of Glass"

I It was so satisfying seeing it pop upon my screen. :squee:

My GS was an oddball number for the longest time, because I got this one 3G achievement in Half-Life 2 on Xbox...Usually a gamerscore ends in 0 or 5 because 99% of Achievements are in 5G increments...THough some earlier games (And even some new er games) have oddball numbers for their various achievements.. It wasn't until recently that I got another 2g achievement in some other game that my Gamerscore went back to the normal 5 and 0 ending. Before it ended in 7, 8 6, 4, 3, 2 or 1.

Trophies are just another thing for me to collect, but I don't go out of my way to collect them at the expense of my sanity. If it's something I could realistically do with only a little difficulty and some time like "Raise a character to level 100" or "Beat a certain number of enemies", then I might spend some time doing that. But something way out of my skill level or patience like  "Beat the Bonus Boss without taking damage" I don't even bother with.