Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the best mlp comic?

creepyponies

WHat's the best series? I got the first volume of Friends Forever, and it was really good, but what's the best (in general consensus)

Personally I think Friends Forever series is the best of the bunch(Mainly FF#3,6, 11, and 12), especially since the main series has kind have fallen on hard times lately imo

• Brohoof 2

WHat's the best series? I got the first volume of Friends Forever, and it was really good, but what's the best (in general consensus)

Both series rotate out artists and writers, so it's probably a little hard to say.

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship for the Cook/Price duo that seems to dominate the main series though. They add lots of interesting mythology to the world, but they seem to just cram in way too many pop culture references, and the ponies always look like they're hacking up a hairball.

I guess that would make me more of a fan of the Friends Forever/Micro Series line.

I know the cook and price team get a lot of hate, but in all honesty I like their book the most, I feel like they at least try to do something a bit different!

With that being said I do however really like the newest FF #12 I don't want to give it away but i thought that was hilarious!   

• Brohoof 1

I'm still trying to catch up on the comics but I really enjoyed "Reflections" and am currently seeking out the final part of the "Nightmare Rarity" story. Actually it's driving me mad but I wanna wait until I can get a physical copy. There's something magical about holding a comic book in your hand, digital can't compare for me. I like the Friends Forever series too, especially anything with Discord (jeez I really hope they give him and the CMC an episode in season five, I love them together XD)

• Brohoof 1

I'm a BIG fan of the Reflections arc myself. I know the arc has been fairly divisive amongst the fan base, I personally love what they did with it. Celestia was easily one of the stars of the arc, and I haven't seen her much better in any other representation; outside of that Friends Forever with Spike.

I'd also recommend the Trixie/Dash, Rarity/AJ, and Dash/Spitfire Friends Forever comics, as well as the Equestria Girls Annual. :)

• Brohoof 1

theres one online where theres another dimention in the magic mirror with the human world of course, where sombras good and celestia is bad (Cant remember the name!)

I believe it was called "Reflections," and it took comic #s 17-20 or something like that to finish the whole story. One of my favorites as well. :)

• Brohoof 1

My favourite from the main series is proberly reflections aswel. It's the one storyline from the main comics that didn't have a predictable story arc (also luna being awsome throughout!). As for Freinds Forever, I personaly like Reins, Trains and Carts with Wheels mainly becuse it expands on AJ's and Rarity's relationship, but the entire series of FF is amazing and i recomend it to everyone. Micro series is also good, with Luna's being the best in my opinion (because that wouldn't have been obvious from my earlier statement). I would recomend the comics to everyone who hasn't read them already, even if you arn't into comic books, as it allows you to see more of the world and what is cannon within it (if you belive the comics are in cannon like myself).

• 4 weeks later...

The Rarity micro-comic, titled "How Rarity Got Her Groovy Back", followed closely by Zen and the Art of Gazebo Repair, the two-part story about Big Mac.

I've read the first five volumes worth of mainline stories,(that's the first seven mainline stories), the whole ten of the initial micro-series, and what I reckon are the first four Friends Forevers (Pinkie&AJ, CMCs&Discord, Celestia&Spike, and Twilie&Shining); they are collected in a "Volume 1".

The best is without a doubt Issue #24 of the regular series, with Discord, the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Fluttershy. I'm an anti-Dr.Who fan, but still loved the issue a lot! I agree about Zen and the Art of Gazebo Repair (issues #9, #10), the Luna microseries (microseries #10), and the story line of Cadence and Shinning Armor (issues #11, #12). 

I like Reflections, but I gotta say that the Nightmare Rarity is interesting, heck, we have another reason why Luna transformed into Nightmare Moon, which is amazing that we get more backstory and light on Luna's side.

I haven't read a lot of them yet, but the Luna Micro Series #10 had me rolling from front to back. I cannot express how gloriously adorkable the princess of the night is in that one. I prefer this eccentric, outgoing, olde english speaking, chess loving pony over that emo depressing fan interpretation any day of the week! 

I mean the cover ALONE is worth it

9a8625009788e8fdfdbd8b325c81eb8d_xl.jpg