• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I think it was sometime in October last year, kept seeing ponies everywhere so thought 'Whut is this?' *Researches....watches first 2 episodes...watches rest* then fell in love with it xD Also found out that my boyfriends best friend is a Brony too. So now im slowly trying to convert my boyfriend XD

As weird as it sounds, a youtuber by the name MAST3RL1NKX, made me curious when I looked at his channel, I saw ponies everywhere, I thought it was stupid. I remember later that night, I hid in my room and watched a YouTube poop of it, after that, I watched episode one on my iPod, after that, I loved it slowly, til what it is today, I love My Little Pony, why don't you all share how you started loving it?

I've merged your topic, 'How did you get hooked on MLP?' with 'How and when did you become a brony?'. After reading the responses to your topic, people are giving the same sort of answers they do in the later mentioned topic ^^ I believe your topic fits just fine in this one.

Carry on~

Last July ^__^

My friend Jre got me into it.

At first I was like, "That's odd. But people are people, they make their own decisions, if they like MLP, that's OK with me."

But then I watched it

and OMG

I WAS LIKE

ASDFGHJKL AMAZING

so yeah :)

(edited)

I knew about bronies from my brother and I always thought they were weird. My brother told me about grown men watching the show aand I couldn't believe it.

One day I turned on the hub and watched an episode just to see what it was like. To my surprise, I had stumbled upon the best show in all of television(in my opinion). I couldn't stop watching.

About a week later I met my best friend Zander and it turned out that he was a brony as well. He even became a brony about the same time as me too. I was so happy. Between discussing the show( thats all we could do since he lives icalifornia and I Live in Ohio), gaming and writing fanfics-It is the best thing to ever happen to me BY FAR.

Edited by TBB Symphonia

I knew about bronies from my brother and I always thought they were weird. My brother told me about grown men watching the show aand I couldn't believe it.

One day I turned on the hub and watched an episode just to see what it was like. To my surprise, I had stumbled upon the best show in all of television(in my opinion). I couldn't stop watching.

About a week later I met my best friend Zander and it turned out that he was a brony as well. He even became a brony about the same time as me too. I was so happy. Between discussing the show( thats all we could do since he lives icalifornia and I Live in Ohio), gaming and writing fanfics-It is the best thing to ever happen to me BY FAR.

That's just like what me and my older sister do. Since I'm at home and she is away at college. I also converted my sister shortly after I became one.

I joined the herd around late October of last year (around Halloween). I was watching Netflix after just playing Minecraft on the xbox for the first time when creative mode had just come out and came across the show by chance. I gave it a try without knowing anything about the existing fandom and it was one of the best nights/mornings in my life. I plan to stay ^^

I have a pretty long story to tell.

My very first exposure to the fandom was through CR's LP of Story of the Blanks.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/cr/lp/31725-lets-play-my-little-pony-story-of-the-blanks

I watched that in July of 2011, got interested in the fandom, and then eventually watched the pilot in mid August of the same year.

I didn't like it very much.

So, I kind of decided to just be "live and let live" about these brony folks, until late Febuary / early March of 2012, when I got incredibly bored and decided to watch the rest of the show.

I liked it alot more.

I remember the day I officially joined the fandom was March 4th, which is approximately one year ago, this week.

I did about 2 months ago.

I was bored and give My Little Pony another try and i ended up flying through the entire 1st Season in 9 hours without stopping or taking any break. Same with the 2nd Season but took 2 breaks.

This girl I was crushing on (who is now my girlfriend) told me to watch it, that I would like it. To be honest, the first few episodes didn't really hook me, but I kept on watching cuz I liked her, heh. Then I got to the first episode with Zecora, and I was like "this is actually pretty awesome." I think there were episodes before that that I liked, too, but that ep was awesome. Also what helped was finding fan made stuff like Night of Pony and Eurobeat Brony's remixes.

To actually answer the question, that was in like January of 2011. Or was it February? Can't be arsed to remember.

• Brohoof 1

July 2012 is the short answer.

I was introduced to it by my best friend and pretty much fell in love with the show and the community ^_^

Since then I've been doing my part to keep the community alive by writing fan fic and trying my hand at music.

I really do love being apart of such an excellent community ^_^

(edited)

I actually had a dream that Rainbow Dash crashed into me. 

That's all that i remember about the dream.

But that dream has inspired me to watch the show, thus turning me into a brony. 

Edited by KToadstool

It was during the gap between Season 1 and Season 2. I had caught wind of the show's "strange" following and decided to see what the fuss was about. I approached it with an open mind, and I decided to watch it one day. The first episode I ever saw was Over a Barrel, and I instantly fell in love with the art style and cute characters. I've been a brony ever since.

my brother got  me into into it around December. he had been watching it for a while and i didnt know what he was watching, so i convinced him to let me watch it. i liked it instantly. ive been watching it since, even watching reruns.

(edited)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ-FYQv9Uvc

This is the video that turned me into a brony. Derpy made me a brony. I'm not even joking.

So, I've been in Japan since October 2010. The series started merely days after I arrived. And not being constantly exposed to American media, I didn't really have any knowledge that this whole MLP thing was going on. And I don't know how or where The Hub was advertised, but I didn't see any ads for that, either. Toward the end, I was really busy and not watching much of anything other than Law and Order SVU and movies on demand, just while I packed.

So, one day, I think it was April, I see this video a friend of mine posted on his facebook. And it was hilarious. So I wanted to know what Derpy Hooves was. I googled it. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe this to be the website that first came up at the time: http://www.derpyhoovesnews.com/ And so I click on the episodes, expecting to find a show revolving around the character Derpy Hooves. And I saw, like, the first two minutes of the first episode, and I was like, "My Little Pony? What the eff?" My mind was blown. I had no idea there was a relaunch of MLP, and I was, like, ninja-led straight to it. Moreover, I was like, dammit, I wanted more Derpy.

I ignored it at first. But seeing the first few minutes and how compellingly the story was set up, I couldn't stop thinking about it. So I was torn, at that moment. On the one hand, I was really curious about this relaunch. I know I had a MLP figurine when I was little, but that's as far as my memories went. So, to my knowledge, MLP was something sugary, girly, pink and basically everything that I find highly unappealing. But I wanted to know about it. And I thought to myself... well... It's not like anyone's gonna know that I watched it, right? So I watch the first two-part episode, and from then, I was hooked. I was thoroughly impressed with the depth of both the characters and the story. Because my image, up until then, was about what Gen 3 was (though I hadn't seen that until after I started watching Gen 4.) Mindless drivel, overly-sweet, no real problems and no real plot to the story. But this was totally not like that. This was actually good. Better than good. It was excellent. And I just watched through all the episodes of the first season. I found that I had this warm feeling from watching them without the gag reflex of watching something girly-girly. They were interesting, amusing, hilarious and addictive, and I awaited the second season eagerly. So that's how I became a brony.

Edited by Clover Heart

October 2011. Friend of mine was pointing out some of the music from the community and i got interested in that scene through that and some of the youtube poop vids. Was actually a bit of a delay wathcing the show itself as that seemed like a much bigger leap of faith. Haven't looked back since and have been both watching and making music about the show ever since.

Netflix told me that I'd like the show 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Having worked in TV, I was like, "Well, we'll just see about that!"

44 minutes (two episodes) later, I was drying my eyes and cheering the creators of the show.  <3

Not too long after that, I was chatting with an old friend I'd fallen out of touch with and he told me all about the Brony movement, Bronycon, and the documentary.

I lurked online for a few months, seeing what there was to be seen; and I just fell in love wtih all the good that I saw coming from the Brony community. <3

So for all you new peopl (me lol) how did you become a Brony (I call pegisisters Bronies too)

Technically I was a 'Brony' from the very beginning. I grew up with I believe the generation 3 toys. I never got into the show as a kid and didn't even know there

Was one I just like my pretty ponie toys haha.

During The wait of season 3 my friend introduced me to the NEW my little pony. I was shocked at how many people loved it! I first I thought "psh a pony show? Really?" now I'm that girl who draws ponies and buys the merchandise. :3

I'm totally dedicate to my little pony

• Brohoof 1

I want to know why most of us wanted to be bronys. I will tell my story. Wheni started to watch the episodes of mlp I got hooked to the show. When I first saw it I thought it was cuite, but when I look at it now, I see a whole deeper meaning to friendship is magic. I became proude of saying I'm a brony, (Not in public).

• Brohoof 1