• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I merged your topic with this one. Please use the search function next time to avoid making duplicate topics.

awhoops! That is my mistake thanks for helping.

I recall joining the herd on the November of 2011, however I do not remember the exact date. I think I received word of ponies' existence through a series of FiM short videos portraying good quotes. After I saw some short videos, I starting speculating what the characters would be like. I mean, at first, I thought Rarity was a villain, how wrong I was! To my curiosity, I began watching the actual episodes, afterwards it was a match made in Equestria...

As for drawing, I started on the exact date of November eleventh of 2011 exactly! (The same day Skyrim came out, so it is easy to remember)

One tragic day, I was feeling more sad than usual. School was tough, I just had a fight with a friend, and I wasnt in a good mood. I had already told myself I would never watch this show, but that day, I did. I enjoyed it and all of those bad things that happened just washed away and I smiled through the whole episode. Now I know I should have watched this in the first place.

I became a brony very recently, actually in January. The ironic part was i was made into one by people who make fun of bronies. I was watching you tube poops of mlp and thought they were pretty funny, but didnt realize that a brony community existed. Then my friend mentioned bronies and that they were these weird people who watch mlp. A long time later i watch the first episode for curisoties sake, and lets just say it was an instant hit. My friend didnt take it very well, he's really anti-brony. But ever since ive been hooked

I'm pretty new to the scene. I'd been seeing a lot of very good fan art, and started hearing about MLP, and I think it's just adorable. I'm probably one of the last people on Earth you would meet IRL and associate with the ponies.

I Became i Brony 24. February 2012 when a friend introduced me ti the series

at first i was a little skeptical, but totally fell in love with it when i saw Fluttershy :3

she's just "yay" :3

I became a brony from watching YouTube poops, short clips of the show showcasing the character's lines, among other stuff. I eventually heard of bronies as I continued doing this. One day I decided to start watching MLP:FiM from Season 1 Episode 1 due to my growing interest in the show, mainly from all the praise it gets from the bronies, and that was the day I cemented my brony status.

The date that that happened was around some time when the first two episodes of Season 2 were released, basically some day in September 2011.

(edited)

I became one in Feb. That's the month I got my first android phone and realized that I now had youtube. Watched every episode so far and I'm still goin'. Season 2 episode 19, baby.

Edited by Guitarbrony007

I became a brony around the end of november. All of my friends were raging about how grown men watch a cartoon made for girls and I volunteered to see what it's all about. Needless to say I have watched all of the episodes that night and have been hooked to it since. B) *squee*

Well, I've had a check on the forums to make sure this isn't a duplicate. But I can't find another topic asking this, so here goes... Everyone seems to have a different story on how they became a brony. Some people were haters that decided to give the show a chance with an open mind and they liked it. Others just watched it out of curiosity. So how did you become a brony?

One day when I was watching tv, I saw an advert for mlp fim (I live in England so this was around July 2011) but I didn't really think anything of it and just brushed it off. A few days later when I was channel flicking, I got about a 5 second glimpse of the show (from applebuck season I believe) where Applejack jumped onto the plank and sent Rainbow Dash flying into the air. It made me chuckle and so I decided to look up the show on youtube. I watched a few of Kryospawn's short clips and after watching a few of them, I see PONIES: The anthology as a related video.

After watching that, I watched the entire first season in a weekend and have happily been a brony ever since.

Well I am a member of a Call of Duty Zombies message board, and when I first joined, I posted around for a while, since zombies was THE big thing in my life at the time. I started noticing the pony pictures lingering around. The first one that I really took notice in was one of Discorded Fluttershy stomping on Flowers, so I looked up who Fluttershy was. I thought it was interesting how so many people on that board were into MLP, and I thought the images were really cute. After that I didnt think much into it. I followed a few Brony Topics, never posted, but got a little insight on what the Hubub was about.

After a few months of not really caring, my Girlfriend and I were talking (on Live Messenger) about important aspects of our lives. I said mine (besides her) was Turkeys, and I had no idea why I loved them so much. She replied that she felt the same with "Cartoon Ponies with Big eyes" So I responded with "Like My Little Pony?" And she said "Exactly" and changed her display picture to a picture of Twlilight from Lesson Zero (the face when she says "Ticking" lol) and that is what made me decide to really look into it. First I hit a wiki site, read a few basic things, then hit Youtube and watched the first episode. It was interesting, I thought, so I watched the second cuz I really wanted to see how it ended.

After that I jumped around a few eps indescriminently, and I just decided "This stuff is awsome" XD. So I stayed up all night one night and just watched them all (Part of Season 1 and part of 2 one night, and the rest the next night)

It began in the Sonic Stadium Message Board. I don't know WHEN it started exactly, but I have a hunch it commenced during the spring of 2011. Pony-related material popped up EVERYWHERE, and I've been noticing conversation and sigs associated with the show. Initially, I didn't fully care for all the pish-posh, considering it as silly.

Then one day, I decided, "Well, maybe I should watch it." I watced the first episode, and I REALLY liked it. The characterization was great, and the world was simple yet solid. Then I watched another episode and another and another. Finally, I completed watching all twenty-six episodes, and I concluded to show to be really good. I finally understood why people adored the cartoon so much, and I joined the ride.

I haven't gotten off the train since. :D

For me, I made a friend that happened to be into the show. Well, we became close and I offered to draw him an OC. Well, that meant research. I went online and started gathering model pictures. I honestly began to like the different meme's people made from the countless expressions of these ponies. Suddenly, got a crazy idea to...watch the show. I got all caught up in 3 days, and went from knowing nothing about the show to going crazy just waiting for the next episode to air. Now, everything I seem to do is MLP related. Safe to say I'm addicted.
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I've had a check on the forums to make sure this isn't a duplicate. But I can't find another topic asking this, so here goes... Everyone seems to have a different story on how they became a brony. Some people were haters that decided to give the show a chance with an open mind and they liked it. Others just watched it out of curiosity. So how did you become a brony?

I went ahead and merged your topic with an existing one. If you can't find a topic via the search feature, be sure to check the Welcome Thread as well, which is pinned at the top of the forum. It contains links to many popular threads so you don't have to dig for them.

• 3 weeks later...

I became a brony on 25th of February 2012. I tried to avoid all this pony stuff, but one day I just tought "fuckit, I'll start watching the show"...