• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

Another reason why I'm a brony is because my parents are counter-culture. My mum is a mod and my dad is a punk. My oldest sister used to be an Emo. And my other sister is mainstream with counter-culture elements. My youngest sister is the only one who likes Justin Bieber though. My mother loves The Jam and my father loves The Stranglers. If it weren't for these bands I wouldn't be so counter culture.

I am proud of my culture although I sometimes find it hard to fit into mainstream society.

Been a Brony for just a few weeks now. I'd been obsessing over five nights at freddy's for awhile and after discovering TheLivingTombstone (who coincidentally is a brony) I was encouraged to watch the film Road to El Dorado. After finding an MLP PMV of the song Trail we Blaze the clips shown from the show looked intriguing so I decided to watch a few episodes, the first of which was Some Pony to Watch Over Me. It was the Brony documentary I watched a few days later that got me hooked however.

It was December  of  2012  and  I was looking for something Christmasy to watch  and at the time, I had an aversion  to MLP but then I saw  Hearth's Warming Eve and thought it was cute  and thought  maybe  I'll give the show another chance and I did and I became hooked. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember exactly when I joined the herd, but it was sometime around May. Anyway, I read a fanfic and wanted to get to know the characters better, so I watched the show and it went off there.

Well, it happened through another Bronie that I met through an online RPG game, as to when, well close to 6 months now, my friend, well she encouraged this Filly to explore further, what I have learned has told me much about myself

My god it was so long ago. It was back during the summer when I was going into my 8th grade year (I'm in the 10th now) so I guess it's been a little over two years.

I think I first heard of MLP during late 2012 (before the theatrical release of Equestria Girls). I was watching random videos on YouTube, when I saw videos like SNEAK PEAK OF NEW T&F PROJECT!!! by missoliverandblossom and Sonic VS Rainbow Dash by AnimatedJames. Those videos have referenced MLP or have MLP characters/stuff in them. So I decided to watch the whole of Season 1-3 on YouTube and see what the big deal was and I definetly wasn't disappointed by what I saw. The episode that got me more interested was Dragonshy. I've became a brony ever since.

Edited by James A Williams

Just a few days ago, I probably was one a couple of months ago but it wasn't till I asked the lady at K-Mart for the MLP section and started to smile when I saw all the FiM stuff that made me "realize" I'm a brony :3

I recall that these videos made me a brony:

I though that this was the official MLP into theme. LOL

and this: 

I think I already explained this at my DeviantArt journal:

http://snivinerior.deviantart.com/journal/Am-I-loosing-it-374751600

http://snivinerior.deviantart.com/journal/The-Ultimate-Test-Of-Loyalty-375465884

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I became a brony last June in the year of 2013. 

Edited by Snivinerior

Uh uh curiosity!, inevitably we seem to nose in that which is forbidden, the more bizarre, odd, illegal, tabu,...the better, don't know its just like that, it happened to me during one of my daily journeys into the deep seas of the Internet! I know mlp since I was a kid and I always associated it with pink, dolls, girly,... So I just went curious and typed my little pony in Google search engine, the first thing I saw? Something about friendship...is magic? Wth? My curiosity increased, I was expecting to find that silly stereotyped show aired for little girls but nein! what in the world!? I clicked on a YouTube video, it was a short one don't remember much about it but I remember the first thing I saw was the mlp intro, at that moment I was feeling like a weirdo, I was thinking like, this is wrong, this is stupid, but after those fantastic seconds I was in a kind of a shock because nothing what I was expecting happened, my curiosity was high in the clouds! So I quickly opened a new tab and Googled mlp episodes, found the full seasons in dailymotion. The next hour this still odd show caught me and since then I can't stop. The following week was completely ponified, episode after episode non stop! A brony was born! That was pretty much of it, I know it's a monster text but I had to do it!!!!

Febuary 14th my Bday in fact B)

My birthday is the 14th too, but I didn't become a brony until June 2014. (Newcomer)I kept hearing the word brony, thought it was racist, found out about the show and.... I basically watched every episode on dailymotion.

25th November 2013, 09:30 AM

I walk into my school library my friend tells me of this show called My little pony my first reaction" meh pass"

But that night I put on my headphones like I normally do when I'm tempted to watch some to see what its like

26th November 2013 09:40

I tell my friend she got me hooked on the show

4th January 2015 11:27 AM

I write this post

I became a brony today, so I'm pretty new my brother was talking about Ponyfinder and I found it like D&D but with ponies. I found it equally funny and cool, and he showed me the first two episodes.

Edited by OmegaPony

I discovered the show in October 2014 through some clips on YouTube, and I got hooked very quickly. I don't think I was truly a brony until November though, since that was the month I gained season 1 on DVD- as a birthday present...  :please:

It was early 2013 when some friends kept talking about it and I got curious, I was especially intrigued by Discord so the very first episodes I ever watched were Return of Harmony parts 1 and 2. After that I was hooked, went back and started from the beginning, fell in love with Fluttershy (not literally) and the rest is history. I was in denial for a long time though and honestly felt a little ashamed of my new obsession. I remember when I posted some of my first FiM sketches on DeviantART, I kept poking fun at myself for watching the show and enjoying it so much that I felt the desire to draw fan art in the first place. Ah well, that's in the past. No shame now. I've accepted the title of brony and wear it proudly. I have Fluttershy and Dr Whooves on the car, Discord on my keys and Rainbow Dash on my wallet. Yep. No shame. :P

Sometime around November 2014, I had known already about bronies and how big the show was. Finally I decided to sit down and watch the first episode and at the time I felt ok about it. But then a few days later I started thinking about the show so I went back continued watching it and before I knew it I had watched all of season 1. Then the show had me sucked in and I watched season 2, 3, and 4 & both of the equestria girls movies. I love the show so much now I wish I had found it sooner.

I'm impressed with the animation, I'm so sick of everything being computer animated these days it's nice to see something hand-drawn again. The voice actors are also awesome, especially Tara Strong. I listening to a interview with her and she seems like a really kind woman who cares about the fans and seems the most approachable.

Edited by Seeker Dragonheart

I believe I joined the herd around early Season 2.

I kept hearing the word brony, thought it was racist

This is the sad truth about today's society, everything is freaking racist - luckily it'll end, soon.

I suppose I had first become a brony (though I never called myself one) when I posted on a site called Ponychan back in 2011. One of the happiest years of my life, and I still love this show just as much as I did back then.

For me, it was about three years ago or so. Was searching a fav creature subject, Dragons, and found Spike. While trying to find out about him, I saw he was part of a TV show. Always loved TV. Who doesn't?! So I watched the episode about him and found I could relate to the lesson learned in the episode and figured would see the show from season one's start.

Have happily been a brony ever sense.

• Brohoof 1

I'm on the Internet for majority of my days, so sometime late 2013 I noticed a number of MLP related posts going around everywhere. I knew what a Brony was, but only to what the Internet had assumed they were. Which isn't true, to my actual surprise! Whenever something becomes mass popular, my curiosity usually gets the best of me and I research.

I went on YouTube and searched 'My Little Pony: FiM' and found the Equestria Girls movie first. I didn't think I was going to think much of MLP, so I just watched that rather than Season one. About twenty minutes into the movie, despite how a handful of the fandom thinks EG was god awful- I enjoyed it. I was super absorbed into the bright colors, the music, then Fluttershy. Fluttershy sold me.

Since then, I watched every season to date, collected some plush dolls, watched the popular videos-- I became a Pegasister.

• Brohoof 1