• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

Basically, I got into MLP when Portal 2 was out, or at least some time when this was released. So about March of 2011. I've been on and off in terms of the community, but its one that I definitely always come back to.

• Brohoof 1

Sadly, for years, I made fun of Bronies, MLP and everything associated with the brand. One day this year, after watching a fantasy character deathmatch video on youtube which featured Rainbow Dash vs Starscream, I decided to check it out. I watched the Season 1 pilot, and the story hooked me instantly. And the rest is history. I won't buy any of the toys though. My money goes to tobacco, cars, and bullets. If I have money left over, it goes to 40k Miniatures.

I became a brony when my best friend forced me to watch the show. I watched three episodes and I found I really liked rarity and applejack. After the first season I joined the heard and realized I am rarity! :)

(Sees there is no 2015 answer)

Ask and ye shall receive. There is now.  At least there was as of last night after PathfinderCS saw the post :)

• Brohoof 2

July of 2012. I was at the town lake with my friend and we were discussing reddit and i asked him what is up with the weird Pony stuff showing up on the internet and he knew i was not a Brony from that sentence and replied yea i see it everyday and have no clue. He added with yea i see the thing so often i can remember the characters names without watching the show. Meanwhile he did but still did not tell me yet. My response was wait let me try this first i name 3 correctly and got close on the other 3. Which he corrected me and said all 6. He said if it so important we should check it out. I hesitated so much to watch the show but he dragged me in to the first episode which turned to all the episodes that were made to that point within the instant of me liking the first episode.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

My two younger sisters (ages 3 and 6) watch the show every morning and it came to a point where I would get up a bit earlier to join them in watching the show. I found the episodes online and am working my way through them.

I became a brony almost exactly one year ago today, in quite an odd manner.

You see in 2012, I was attending a Super Bowl party at my church with my friend Mark. Now, Mark was infamous for being a part of numerous fandoms, being a fan of Star Trek and Pokemon, as well as a comic book collector. Myself, on the other hand, hadn't ever even heard the term "fandom". Aside from a fling with Star Wars, I'd never been a fan of anything with a "fandom". He offhandedly mentioned during the party the concept of a group of men our age being outspoken My Little Pony fans. I couldn't get it out of my head. Grown men watching My Little Pony? That girly rainbow trash I had seen in the pink aisle as a kid, and men were enjoying it?! I was sure the world had finally gone mad (it bears mention that, at this point in my life, I didn't have internet access, but knew that was where most of the equine shenanigans took place).

Fast forward two years. I was in Community College, and finally had high speed internet access. After checking my automotive blog for updates for the umpteenth time, I got a strange urge to figure out what that whole "pony thing" was about. I had nothing to do and all night to do it, so why not?

The first pony-related video I saw was Epic Wub Time. I think we can all guess how well that went. I was hooked immediately.

As far as how long I've been on the forums, today is my first day.

• Brohoof 1

About a month ago, I started to enjoy the show and found the ponies to be adorable. The episodes has a storyline. Some episodes are about morals and some are action packed. It's an underrated show. It's beter than it seems at the surface.

July of last year, I accidentally hit the channel button on my remote and it changed to the hub network and mlp was on.i was about to change it back, but I thought "hey why not"

Then I got addicted

• Brohoof 2

Well. I'm not sure but it was either late March or early April this year when I first became a brony. It all started when I was playing Team Fortress 2, just playing the game like every normal day until I saw people started spraying pictures from MLP all every surface. I was a little curious though but I just simply passed it over. And then the real thing happened when my sister started to watch MLP FIM on the cable channel. I began to adore the animation of the show. I was great. From that point, I started to watch the show pretty frequently, even more frequently than my sister.

• 3 weeks later...

June 2014, when I first saw pony.mov I thought "I wanna get all these references, and what the element's of harmony are"

I was a closet brony for a while, before I realized my love for it in August.

Some of my pegasister/ Brony friends showed me Smile HD and the .MOV series and then asked me to watch the show, And so i did.... Yeah you get it :P

It was around the beggining of december last year :catface:

My friend at my old school showed me the show.

I nearly socked him in the head for the first 30 seconds.

Then I pretty much just put up with it.

I decided I liked it so I watched more, of course if he found out I would be momentarily embarrassed so I never told a soul.

I went to a new school and made new friends and no one knows, except the one person I trust with anything and I didnt even tell him he found out by me making a mistake.

So yeah. If you took the time out of your day to read me typing random nonsense then you deserve a brohoof.

Fine Bros' teens react to MLP:FIM, so January of 2012. First time hearing about bronies. The only other time I seen mlp was Screw Attack's death battle: Starcream vs. Rainbow Dash and during it felt somewhat of a desire to watch the show. Only not knowing anything about it and thinking it would be weird to do so, I ignored the feelings. So when the react came and I found out that others like me like the show, I figured weird could actually be a good thing and so here I am now.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think it was back in January of 2013 that I got into the show. I remember two of my friends were telling me to watch the show, but I thought the show was bad or something along those lines and just ignored them. They got me to listen to some of the songs on the show and I thought they were pretty good. So after being told to watch it multiple times from my friends I decided to give it a shot. After watching all 3 seasons that were out at the time I instantly loved the show and enjoyed everything about it. I'm glad I was proven wrong about this show and that I gave it a chance and truly enjoyed it.  :squee:

Edited by Kyubiki Tenchu

(edited)

i became brony like octomber 2011
the first episode i watched it was season 1 ep 15 feeling pinkie keen

July of last year, I accidentally hit the channel button on my remote and it changed to the hub network and mlp was on.i was about to change it back, but I thought "hey why not"
Then I got addicted

everyone becomes adicted

Edited by DaliaMarina

I don't honestly remember what month, but it was 2011. I think it was in summer, so I put July. I was browsing the forum site of a game called Terraria, and I saw a MLP discussion thread. It basically had a explanation in the main thread explaining what MLP is and even had a link to first two episodes! I gave it the benefit of the doubt cus well, YOLO, right? It turned out to be surprisingly great, and I watched the first season and saw as Season 2 episodes were released.

But after Season 2, well, I really stopped watching MLP to be honest. I was still a pretty big fan of MLP:FiM, but the wait for Season 3 drove me crazy and well, I couldn't really watch Season 3. Instead, I read the plot of the stories on the MLP wikia.

Now, though, I'm returning to MLP as Season 5 is coming. I'm kinda out of the loop, though. After S2, I've only watched like ~four Season 3 episodes and ~five Season 4 episodes. I hope to like return to watching to MLP really soon.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I decided to give in and check out a few eps, hooked from that day forward. November 12, 2014. 3 months from now will be the day of my poniversary. 

Edited by Candy Star