• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

i became a brony recently actually, i think it was just as season 4 ended that i started to watch the show

I became a brony this year before season 5 started. I wish I had been ponified way sooner. I immediately fell in love with the show! (:

same, i "joined the herd" at a similar time

I don't know "when" anymore, but how. I was watching "Teens react to: MLP FiM" from the FineBros. First I was like "Why the fuck do you show them this?", but when they came to bronies, I was laughing my ass off and was like "Really? Dude, that's awesome." But I didn't start watching the show. Before that, I saw both "Bronies and Military Bronies react to: Teens react to: MLP FiM". But I finally started watching the show after searching for it on Google Images and saw a picture of Chrysalis and did a little research on the show on Wikipedia, and started by watching all of ACRaceBest's Bronies Reacts and then watched the regular show on the youtube channel of shanmul1995.

I became a brony during June of 2012, I was going through a depressing time in my life and it was like a living hell, then one day I was going through YouTube and I found a bunch of My Little Pony videos, I never really thought much about My Little Pony but I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did because over the next couple of months this show managed to help me out of my slump and made me happy again, I've been a brony since then.

I'm pertty sure I became a brony during my junior year of high school, I was just channel surfing one day and I decided, "well lets see what all the hype is about, " my first episode was when they introduced Zacora, and something just sparked in me and i pertty much never stopped watching it, but I was hesitant to say is a brony cause I thought it would mean I have a pony fetish, but after seeing so many people on YouTube and online Who were bronies too but didn't think about it that way but was a positive fan base, it made me want to be part of it and it grows every day to this day!?!?

Never, still don't consider myself a brony mostly because this is like the only fan site I visit and I have little interest in brony art or music these days. My participation is low.

@

Just letting you know I merged your thread with the mega-thread that was active in Sugarcube Corner. :)

• Brohoof 1

I love telling this story.

It must have been four years ago. Before I ever watched the show I just started watching a bunch of clips online but I never expected to actually like the show. But that all changed one day during 9th grade when I was watching a bunch of pony clips on youtube. 

I noticed that I was about to be late but I decided to watch one last video; a 15 second clip of Applebloom dancing to the song "Moskau". Once that was over I grabbed my things and ran out of my apartment but by the time I saw the bus stop the bus was already driving away. So I got back home and since I knew that we didn't have enough money for a taxi I decided to get back on my computer and watch more pony. 

At some point however I began to wonder what made the show so appealing. "How could some stupid 4chan joke end up giving birth to such a huge fandom?" So after such a long time of thinking that I could never possibly become a brony I decided to watch the first two episodes. I ended up binging the whole series up until The Return of Harmony part 2. 

I bet if I had 15 extra seconds I would have made it to the bus that day.

• Brohoof 2

Some friends of mine on Smashboards asked me to try out MLP in May. I told them I would after school ended. So in late May I started watching the series. However, I didn't consider myself a brony until sometime in June when I realized that MLP was one of my most favorite shows ever.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

It was sometime during the end of Season 2 so around 2012. I started seeing MLP Fans using pony pictures as their avatars on another site i was on and started getting Pony Curious. I then decided to see what all the fuss was about when i was home alone and couldn't resist the show's charm  :love: and became a Brony.   :catface:

:baconmane:  :sunny:

I think it was maybe early 2013 around January or so that I started to gain interest. I heard how it was for little girls and adult men watched it so I was like, "Its probably actually a good show then" in the back of my head. Saw people joking about it and I stayed away because I dislike when people are being mean. But then this person I admire in school said he liked them and I drew Fluttershy for him and Rainbow Dash for his friend. That was probably February. I'm not exactly sure when but I saw it on TV and sat down and told myself I'd watch to be ironic but I really liked it and started watching it more. I still have to watch some episodes so I will marathon it in the future. I didn't really join a community associated to the show this year. Though I'm kinda nervous about being open with the idea that I'm a "Brony". But then again I don't really have friends. Oh and another reason why I liked the show was because I envied and idolized the friendship Twilight has, that I don't. :(

I joined the Herd around June 2012, just after Canterlot Wedding. I remeber seeing awesome pony art in every corner of the internet and I just had to know what it's all about. Marathoned Seasons 1 and 2 in a week and I was this close to catching up before Season 2 finale aired. Interestingly, I took notice on the show's fandom rather late: during the hiatus that followed S2. With no more pony episodes to satisfy my newfound need for cute cartoon equines, I found that the whole fandom thing can be a positive and enritching endeavour, as opposed to my previous experience of enjoying a show all by myself. All in all, I wish I've found the show, and it's fandom, sooner - it's been a great experience all things considered.