• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

JOHN DE LANCIE MADE ME A BRONY!!! I was on YouTube binge watching clips of Q from Star Trek Next Gen. Then I saw in the related videos something titled "John de Lancie Discord" at first I did not know it was MLP, all I saw was a crazy looking Dragon. So I clicked on the video and was amazed how much Discord was like Q, then I was surprised that it was My Little Pony. This sparked my interest in the Fandom. I had "herd" of Bronies but I never paid much attention to it. After I saw the clip I found the Episode with Discord, after watching the two part episode. I wanted to learn more about the Bronies. So I searched for a documentary about them. Guise what I found, the Documentary that was produced by Q himself! After watching it I decided, if Q approved of the Bros who watch the ponies. Then I'm cool with ponies to.

This all happened this year so sup to any 2015 Bronies!

i became apart of the fandom last year i was watching toptenmemes(a youtube channel) and he mention my little pony and Bronies. i got interested and downloaded the first 4 seasons and the movie and i just love the show.

I was watching my little pony when I was about 6 years old so yeah. Stopped watching the show after G2 as the character were becoming one dimensional along with their personalities but when friendship is magic came out. I started watching, gave it a chance. After all lauren faust has never failed to impress me when it comes to shows before so I gave it a shoot. Alot of the things in friendship is magic all came from the first my little pony series so I was hooked. nostalgia

My grandmothers friend's grandson came up to me with his iPad showing me a mlp app. Being me hen I dissed him for it. About a week later I decided to watch the show and see how childish and girly it was. At first it was a nice show then I started watching YouTube videos, reading fanfic and you know how the rest goes.

• Brohoof 1

I became a Brony exactly two years ago today, I was very curious about My Little Pony as I had a friend who was a Pegasister, but I never had an interest until that day, it realy was quite an amazing experience, as I watched a marathon of MLP:FIM that started on the first episode, I found that i just could not look away from the screen, and as they first used the elements of harmony, and made that rainbow that turned nightmare moon back to princess luna, I felt such pure joy that I had not felt befor, and I became hooked, then after I saw Rainbow Dash Create her sonic Rainboom during the best young fliers competition, i just fell in love with her, well i already had been falling in love with her before but that Rainboom sealed the deal. And I eventually finished all the episodes and have since accepted being a Brony and could not be happier.

I became a Brony exactly two years ago today, I was very curious about My Little Pony as I had a friend who was a Pegasister, but I never had an interest until that day, it realy was quite an amazing experience, as I watched a marathon of MLP:FIM that started on the first episode, I found that i just could not look away from the screen, and as they first used the elements of harmony, and made that rainbow that turned nightmare moon back to princess luna, I felt such pure joy that I had not felt befor, and I became hooked, then after I saw Rainbow Dash Create her sonic Rainboom during the best young fliers competition, i just fell in love with her, well i already had been falling in love with her before but that Rainboom sealed the deal. And I eventually finished all the episodes and have since accepted being a Brony and could not be happier.

• Brohoof 1

I was binge watching this channel "Know your meme" when I stumbled on to this video.

Soon after, I got curious and watched about half an episode, despite not getting through it, I eventually watched a few more and not long after I was hooked.

That was May 2013, boy how things have changed

• Brohoof 1

My sister watched the show and I also had a brony friend, so I tried the show liked it and kept it to myself and my friend for YEARS. It wasnt until about Septemberish that I started to be more open and less of a closet brony. 

Im just a 15yo brony who decided to come out of the closet 2 months ago  B)

• Brohoof 1

Looks like I've got a bit of a story to tell.

So back in about 2012 (I believe) is when I first heard of the brony community, when I saw a certain egotistical pegasus on a game I used to play. (Unfortunately, it was Roblox. Not fond of the game anymore since it has a pretty horrendous (or at least the loud minority) community, but the RP side to it is fun and some creators on there are honestly pretty talented.) I saw the name brony and thought 'That's a cute character, and the name seems pretty neat. I'll use this name since I like the design'. Of course, at the time I had no idea that even related to MLP, so when I found out what it was I immediately began to blindly hate it. Of course, as time went on I began to actually think about it (crazy, I know) and decided that it was silly to blindly hate it, so I just became neutral since I never really cared to watch the show. (Of course, I still was making jokes about the stereotypes) However, starting about December last year, I began to think about the other side to the argument and began to defend them on occasions, saying how blind hate is pretty stupid since they're just people who like a TV show. I also found myself joining a small community of gamers, YouTubers and Streamers. Then a few months later, around February/Mach I believe, I began to get into cartoons by rewatching some I haven't watched in a few years, like Gravity Falls or Steven Universe. I also ended up befriending a brony (who is no longer a fan of the show) who was in the aforementioned community. I offered to draw him a profile picture (since I was also just getting into drawing at the time), and he agreed to it and wanted me to draw him one with Pinkie Pie on it. I did, and around that time found myself slowly beginning to see ponies more often, such as in crossover art on DA. Eventually (sometime around June/July) I decided it was time I actually watched the show, and so I told it to him and he said for me to start off on what he considered a stronger episode, which was Party of One. I watched it (well, I more so watched a 'Let's Watch' on YouTube, but the guy who was narrating rarely spoke) and enjoyed it, and asked for another one, which he told me to watch Lesson Zero. I also liked that one and began to watch the series on my own, and so here I am.

So basically I could've discovered my second favorite show years ago if I actually just gave it a chance.

Edited by Yufery

I became a brony in July of this year. It all started when I was playing Team Fortress 2 with my friend on steam. We were sending funny videos back and forth and he eventually sent me Shed.MOV by Hotdiggedydemon. I thought it was hilarious and watched the whole series. It wasn't until a month later that I finally started watching the show. I watched the first 5 episodes, skipped to the season 1 finale, then watched Season 2 all the way to where we are now.

Must have been early 2011. I was a regular at an entirely different animation fan forum (as was the guy you know as ACRacebest, by the way; he had been for 4½ years, I had been for 5 years already). By and by, more and more patrons began to put ponies into their sigs. The forum's own pony thread began to grow. Even pony avatars popped up. Yeah, the ponies were becoming a thing.

I reacted upon them jokingly at first. I dedicated one of my famous song parodies to the pony invasion, and when someone posted a pic of his newly-acquired Mustang, I edited Twilight Sparkle stripes onto it.

In May, I decided to actually watch the show. Couldn't be that bad if people whom I've known for so long for loving a more than 20-year-old animated show that hadn't been aired forever praise it that much. There was only season 1 in those days, and even that had only just been completed. So I started with the pilot, "Friendship is Magic" — which got me addicted immediately. On that first day, I went through the first five episodes before I decided it's time to go to bed. Six days later, four of them watching as much pony as I could, I was done with season 1 and therefore with the whole show as it was back then.

I spent the following weeks reading up on pony stuff, watching other pony videos (I think I even discovered PONIES: The Anthology that early). By June, I decided to take the next step, come out of the stable, declare myself a brony, join the herd and enter one of the several pony forums. I chose Everypony.com because it was the only one I could find with a ban on Rule 34 in most parts of the forum. (I must admit I haven't been there in years.) In July, I joined my first German pony forum.

And that's how Equestria was made.

I'd say in Summer 2013. My baby sis made me watch it with her every morning since I had to take care of her every day while my mother was at work. At first I just didn't take it seriously, was looking at it with her and didn't quite understand a thing. I was like "just a good old my little pony, no biggy.".

But time passed, weeks, months, and it kinda got into me slowly. She was 5 back then and I was 17. My mother noticed me starting to watch it by myself and she was confused. I don't believe my mother knows about the Brony community, I haven't told her about that, but I told her like "Hey mom, I like it!". She accepted it kindly, but was also confused in some way hehe. It calms me down to watch an episode or two after a tough day at work (I am wasting my soul and nerves on a job everyday, so a daily dose of ponies is quite needed)  :nom:

My friends are freaked out over the fact that I love MLP. They don't take it negatively, but they are freaked out. I tried explaining this whole thing to them, but they just cannot understand   :sunny:

Edited by ILikeNightmares

I started to watch TheMysteriousMrEnter for his spongebob reviews. I started watching other reviews. then I figured out he reviews MLP. I already knew about MLP FIM, from my big brother (yes). And one episode I watched in the Netherlands. Eventually, I knew the names of all the episodes and all the characters. I became a part of the fandom. and the first episode I really watched was the Season 5 premiere. 

Edited by PriksCreep

It's kind of a long story.

Years ago (back when I was younger and stupider), I was watching some youtube videos and stumbled aross this.

I didn't really understand much of the humor at the time, but I still liked it. Through Rainbow Dash Presents, I learned about bronies and MLP:FiM. So I started calling myself a brony even though I knew next to nothing about the show (Like I said, I was stupid back then). Time passed, and I forgot about the whole thing. However, one day (in this year), I remembered Rainbow Dash Presents and searched it on YouTube.I watched it again and fell back in love with ponies. After spending a while only looking at fan art, I finally watched an episode of the show and... well, now I'm here.

To this day, I am extremely grateful for Rainbow Dash Presents.

Edited by RedFireDrgn

Summer 2012. My younger sister was watching it like crazy while I wasn't really in it. I was forced to watch it with her while taking care of her while mother was at work. At first I didn't see anything out of it, but my bronyism came with time.  :derp:

I became a member literally in the last week XD

And it's been pretty awesome so far. I knew of FIM for a while but never gave it a chance until Netflix happened  :D

Fall 2013 just before Season 4.

Backstory time.

1980's, my sister had two or three ponies from generation 1. I have looked for them but can't find them.

2011 April Fool's Day, HCRealms which is the main forum for the Heroclix table top game became MLPRealms. Everyone had avatars that were generation 3 ponies painted up as Marvel and DC superheroes. The next year they did smurfs which I still remember watching as a kid.

2012 April, I heard several ads on the radio cordially inviting the listener to a royal wedding.

2012 a day or two after Thanksgiving, I was in a comic shop when I overheard someone saying something about Trixie coming back. I had no idea who Trixie was.

2013 September, I saw a guy wearing a brown shirt with a pony on it. Within a couple of days I was checking out pony videos on youtube. Ultimate Cartoon Fighting Adventure Time vs. MLP and fighting is magic demo clips were the first. I still have no interest in ever watching Adventure Time but I was hooked on MLP instantly.

2013 October, having watched the entire Futurama series multiple times over with and without director, writer and actor commentary, I knew this was going to be the very similar. I could tell that even before seeing the actual show that this was going to be something special. I figured I would be marathoning the series three times so the first run through I skipped the intro because I wanted to focus on the story uninterrupted and did not want to risk getting sick of the intro right away. The next two times I kept the intro and credits in to enjoy the complete viewing experience.

Edited by azbat

It started in either late July or early August 2013 (I forget when exactly). I was scouring the internet to see what I could find about Craig McCracken's next show, Wander Over Yonder. I found a video of him and Lauren Fast being interviewed at Comic-Con 2012 (I don't get why I was just seeing it) and Faust was asked about bronies. Her response was that she never thought grown men would like My Little Pony and right away I though "Me neither." After the video I looked up bronies and was very surprised, not just that it was grown men liking something for little girls, but the fact that I had long been a fan of Faust and was just finding this out. Even though I knew of her involvement already, I previously didn't watch it because I didn't think it would be for me. I still didn't plan to watch it, but a few weeks later, I was flipping through the TV listings trying to find out what to watch and probably would've went with Codename: Kids Next Door but then I saw MLP was on. Cartoon Network was airing reruns of KND that summer and it was nice to see it but it was getting repetitive after about a month, so remembering what I read about bronies I decided to try something different. I ended up liking it, so I saw more episodes and started calling myself a brony that September.

• Brohoof 1

I started watching about mid-October this year, after all of the other cartoons I watch went on haitus at the same time. I had heard about MLP and decided to try it. I was hooked from the beginning, but didn't start calling myself a brony until about a month later. It was then that I got really into the community part of the show.