Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Humans vs Equestria, who would win ?

iDashingRainbow

9 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Are you saying there only live Ponies in Equestria? :P

No, sorry, I just assumed that the ponies are the primary guardians of Equestria. :D

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Mirage said:

No, sorry, I just assumed that the ponies are the primary guardians of Equestria. :D

I think they are, now I think of it. The Dragons, Griffons and Changelings live beyond the borders. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Hierok said:

I think they are, now I think of it. The Dragons, Griffons and Changelings live beyond the borders. :grin:

Ponies can wipe the floor with them too. :orly:

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Easily? No. Still beaten though! Twilight and Trixie man, can't stop them.

Fair point. There is no stopping Trixie because she is ....

(Hopefully you can finish my post :3)

2 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Fair point. There is no stopping Trixie because she is ....

(Hopefully you can finish my post :3)

The Great and Powerful Trixie!

Don'r you forget it!  ;)

• Brohoof 1

I might have to say humans, mainly due to the fact that we have nukes and due to equestria being a peaceful country there military would be inexperienced and the royal guard just generally sucks but if it's on equestrian territory they know the land better so there's one advantage but I don't think magic can destroy a tank I mean seriously if we have tanks like the leopard 2 and 3 which are nearly unbeatable equestria is well and truly f'ed but if it were on wart the ponies wouldn't last long cause they don't know the land so sorry celestia and Luna but your pretty much and pardon my French your pretty much Fucked.

ps: I would fight for humanity cause I want to fuck shit up with a tank or a shotgun.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Humanity would win hands down because humans are war like race which had experianced war for much ot it's history ( Short Answer )
Now with Longer version.
It depends in what form there is contact if Equstria is found in a deep space exploration mission (with current technology using probes) with probe there won't be anything other then passive distance observation. I think it would unlike that even with ponies found by humanity as it would be too expensive and gain isn't that great. Most of what we could find would be civilization without advanced technology.

2nd scenario if there is portal or some shit like that on earth. Let's say it is some where in Central Europe. Then shit is far more interesting, as it again devietes. For simplicity let's say everyone knows about it and until it is determened who ponies are and there atitude to humans is, humnaity somewhat  work together, like internation space station project. Humans would contact ponies if ponies don't immediatly are hostily to us and Equstrian magic isn't hazordous to humanity then, us humans would research ponies, magic, how magic works, how to counter it, how to weponise it. While doing that we would work in increase our influance over Equstria using manipulation and abusing ponie friendliness. Equstria would end up being splitted up to influance zone between nations and alliances, using our science pony magic would be nothing to us and couldn't harm us. After everything would be in place Entire Equstria would be half colony with Luna and Celestia and other strong individuals either killed or made so incapible of posing any threats to human interest that they coud be largly ingonred. And without bullets fired or many of them humany would make Equstria in to human colony.

Some of you will point out:
> Princensess would notice and fight back
no they wouldn't humannity has much experiance in warfare and subversion, with use of secret services (spies), special forces and other tools they would be elimited (not nesserly killed, just made incapible of threatening humanity's intrests)
> But magic
Humanity wouldn't go heads first invading Equstria or making coups. Magic would research to the point where we would probabbly know more about it then ponies themselves. And we would defintly find way to counter it.
> Dsicord and others
scinece of humans would find there weaknesses and eliminate them plius we would most likely also try to find way to manipulate them to serve our intrests

Some may want to picture humanity armies charging ponies and crushing there armies in matter of hours. Others would pciture Earth getting smashed by moon cause magic. But trully I think humans got it,  we have way too much experiance in warfare , and that experiance would make use not our might of our tanks but rather our experiance of subversion, manipulation and adaption to take over Equstria. There woudln't be collum of tanks and planes going through portal to take over Eqsutria, it would be human diplomats and there spies which would do it and in end it is likely ponies themselves would become slaves to humanity

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

In head-on fight I think humans would lose. But otherwise humans have a solid chance to win. There's a small chance that magic works only on magic creatures, in that case ponies have no chance. Also one of the main differences between us and animals is that we don't adapt to the environment, we adapt environment to us. If humans can't win in fight, they seek for weaknesses. In this case that's softness of ponies, it would be pretty easy to "surrender", gain trust and destroyed Equestria from inside

Ponies would loose simply because humans would make them so depressed because of how horrible humans can be that they would loose all hope and therefore their source of their power for humans to destroy and conquer.

If a Human-Pony war would happen, we would have to take account of the advantages on both sides. (But I think Humans would win btw )

Humans: Technology, Chemical Weapons, Manpower, and nukes. There would also be some type of unity between countries as they are facing a common enemy, not likely but maybe.

Ponies: Magic, thats all. Same unity but with kingdoms and empires, possibly. 

So if the Human-Pony war was to happen, I;m pretty sure the Humans would just nuke them.

See a lot of people saying humans would win but you've got to remember... Equestria has Discord. Nukes and stuff don't matter if they can just be snapped out of the sky >_>

37 minutes ago, Codelyy said:

See a lot of people saying humans would win but you've got to remember... Equestria has Discord. Nukes and stuff don't matter if they can just be snapped out of the sky >_>

Discord is not completely invincible. For example - his magic was suppressed by the throne in the changeling hive. So, if/when humans figure out how to copy it and then use it to make their nukes, tanks etc emit an anti-magic field, ponies would be screwed. In addition, humans would most likely figure out a way to use magic as a weapon.

Also, if humans are the aggressors, then they will have figured out how to deal with Discord and how to make the anti-magic field (I mean when you are the aggressor you can choose to attack when it is convenient for you). Since the defense of Equestria pretty much depends on a few ponies it could probably be also possible to find time when those ponies get sick or maybe assassinate them beforehand. Maybe some "accident" happens to Twilight and Starlight.

• Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

Discord is not completely invincible. For example - his magic was suppressed by the throne in the changeling hive. So, if/when humans figure out how to copy it and then use it to make their nukes, tanks etc emit an anti-magic field, ponies would be screwed. In addition, humans would most likely figure out a way to use magic as a weapon.

Also, if humans are the aggressors, then they will have figured out how to deal with Discord and how to make the anti-magic field (I mean when you are the aggressor you can choose to attack when it is convenient for you). Since the defense of Equestria pretty much depends on a few ponies it could probably be also possible to find time when those ponies get sick or maybe assassinate them beforehand. Maybe some "accident" happens to Twilight and Starlight.

I guess if Humans could delay an attack to figure out how to develop anti-magic tech then that'd likely mean they'd win flat out due to Equestria kind of relying on Magic :please:

Though I feel if Humans attacked before developing Anti-Magic tech, then it would be a win for Equestria as I question if Discord's magic actually has limits apart from not affecting anti-magic stuff. He could likely just snap his fingers and win like that. Though if he would is another question as it is Discord after all xD. It's why I'm guessing he wasn't at all in the movie as the Storm Kings invasion would of been over in an instant.

In the end, it feels like it just depends on if the Humans actually plan instead of full out attack as soon as they can. I think Humans as they are currently (Without Anti-Magic) would lose due to magic being magic.

50 minutes ago, Codelyy said:

In the end, it feels like it just depends on if the Humans actually plan instead of full out attack as soon as they can. I think Humans as they are currently (Without Anti-Magic) would lose due to magic being magic.

Why wouldn't they plan? The benefit of being the aggressor is that you can take your time to prepare, find time that is the most convenient for you and least convenient for your enemy etc.

I wonder how much our weapons could be improved using magic. Probably by a lot. Force shields as armor, TK to allow all airplanes to take off and land vertically etc.

52 minutes ago, Codelyy said:

It's why I'm guessing he wasn't at all in the movie as the Storm Kings invasion would of been over in an instant.

That's a good point - what was Discord doing when Storm King attacked? Was he unavailable? Did he think that the Mane 6 can handle it and, as such, did nothing (in which case there is a potential in deception - appear weak enough that he does not interfere until it's too late)? Maybe his magic, being chaos-based, cannot be used to directly help Equestria and such.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

That's a good point - what was Discord doing when Storm King attacked? Was he unavailable? Did he think that the Mane 6 can handle it and, as such, did nothing (in which case there is a potential in deception - appear weak enough that he does not interfere until it's too late)? Maybe his magic, being chaos-based, cannot be used to directly help Equestria and such.

Discord was likely being Discord. Wouldn't put it past him to just completely ignore the invasion to hope that it'd be a good friendship lesson for the mane 6. Though you'd think as soon as he'd knew that Fluttershy was in danger, he's scrap all that and help. 

Though in reality, it was likely just cause he'd of been too powerful to be in the movie. The same as why couldn't they of used the elements of harmony to defeat the invasion.

16 minutes ago, Codelyy said:

The same as why couldn't they of used the elements of harmony to defeat the invasion.

Maybe the elements only work on magical beings and such? Storm King was powerful, but maybe he was a regular person for what counts as "regular" in MLP? For example, the Elements may do nothing against, say, a common criminal.

21 minutes ago, Codelyy said:

Though in reality, it was likely just cause he'd of been too powerful to be in the movie.

Yeah, that's the out-of-universe explanation. In-universe, maybe his powers have some strange limits? For example, he began to fade after he made his home look normal for Fluttershy. Maybe he cannot use his powers to produce order (unless undoing his own actions) or something like that? Obviously he would not want others to know that.

• Brohoof 1