Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fishing thread

CapnKrunk

How many of you like fishing or at least gone fishing before?Spring is coming up and is the perfect time for fishing.

Do you catch a lot of fish?

I catch a few,but The awesome thing about it is that you relax

post-1762-0-70572800-1333748113_thumb.png

I caught a freakishly large fish off the dock of Cultis Lake once. It was large for the area at least. It was about a foot long and we ate it for dinner. Off the dock it was pretty huge considering the rest of the fish were about 3 inches large.

(edited)

Ugh... I really don't have the patience for that sort of thing. If I could bring my laptop and watch movies while I wait, sure, but I can't...(too afraid I'll somehow derp and drop it into the water).

Edited by Aureity
  • Brohoof 2

Ugh... I really don't have the patience for that sort of thing. If I could bring my laptop and watch movies while I wait, sure, but I can't...(too afraid I'll somehow derp and drop it into the water).

Eeyup!

(edited)

I fish occasionally. I get bored really fast though :| There was this one time where i was out in a boat (fishing), and we had to go back to shore, so i did one last cast and reeled it in, not getting anything. Well, right as i was getting my bait in the boat (i don't remember if it was a lure or something living) a fairly large fish jumped out of the water at it. Sadly it missed and was never seen again :( (I think that was in real life, was years ago so i might have dreamed it up but i don't think so).

Edited by LowfatEnvelope

I go bass fishing like a BAWS! ... I'm kidding, I've gone countless times with my parents and to this date I haven't caught a single one.

you'll catch one soon.they mostly catch on lures and worms.Bass are pretty active in springtime,and the day,but if you fish at night.You end up getting catfish.

you'll catch one soon.they mostly catch on lures and worms.Bass are pretty active in springtime,and the day,but if you fish at night.You end up getting catfish.

My dad is really good at it he knows all the right stuff about it and we did that but he was the one catching all the fish, I still caught none XD
  • Brohoof 1

My dad is really good at it he knows all the right stuff about it and we did that but he was the one catching all the fish, I still caught none XD

reality hits you hard bro
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I used to fish quite often with ma stepdad and Mom. I was living around Virginia Beach at the time, and we would catch all sorts of stuff, but mostly croakers. I've only ever done beach and pier fishing, I've never been on a boat to fish, although I'm hoping that'll change in the future.

My Mom once caught a baby great white, and a sea turtle, all in one night. We released them back into the water, of course.

Edited by Halfbreed
  • Brohoof 1

My dad used to take me and my brother deep sea fishing. (Mom would never go with us!) I liked it mostly for riding in the boat, but fishing was fun! We'd get bluefish and fluke. I once caught a crab because the little guy grabbed the bait with his claw and wouldn't let go! I threw him back in.

I should see if they want to go out again soon!

I always go to vacation with my family to west-Norway where we are fishing (currently living south in Norway..Hate it xD). I have gotten alot of fish and the biggest fish I have gotten is a 8kg (17,63 pounds), but I am planning to get a bigger one this year :P

since i live in wyoming...fishing is a....uuuhh...very active pass time if your like me and have nothin in common with the cowboys and rednecks other than fishing. Im fishing all the time in the spring summer fall months i even go ice fishin every once in a while hehe. but seriously i fish all the time....kinda wish there was more bronies around gllette who likes fishing as much as i do!!

• Brohoof 1

I just like riding in the boat. I feel bad stabbing the fish in the mouth when I catch them so I can't do it :( My brother and dad love it, though, they always go up to my cottage or to our condo in Florida to do it.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

fishing is a popular thing to do where i live. having parents that own a 27ft boat is helpful. in the spring a fly fish the rivers for trout, and drop traps in bays and inlets for prawns, shrimp and crab. in summer i troll local sounds and inlets for salmon and jig reefs and kelp beds for halibut, lingcod and rockfish. fall is spent drift fishing rivers for salmon as well as fishing in lakes for trout. winter is less active but occasionally i will fish the rivers for steelhead. i actully earlier this week was trolling in a local lake i only caught a 10 inch rainbow, but my uncle caught a 18 inch cuttie. biggest trout i seen.

biggest fish i caught was a 31 pound chinook salmon. to Americans its a king salmon. ive also caught a 30 pound lingcod.

Edited by jarrod989

I always enjoy fishing, but you may guess that considering I live in the mid-west.

A bad day fishing is better than a good day at the office.

Unless you consider Deadliest Catch, of course.

I do have a question. Has anyone heard of a bait brand called PowerBait? It's all my uncle has used that ever since I could remember, and it seems to do a good job.