Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane 6 have just been shown in a Super Bowl cheer ad!

GuillermoGage

I didn't see it on TV but I saw the commercial online just to see how they appeared. I wonder how the non-bronies will react?

Good question! I like it!

I expect they'll react the way most non-bronies do: first, they'll freak out, go, "WUT?!" then, probably blink a few times while it sinks in. Then, with shocked expressions they may look at each other and say, "Didja see dat?! Huh?! Didja?!" Then, they'll go back to drinking their beer and watching the rest of the commercials and the game.

More likely they won't even have noticed. LOL!

• Brohoof 2

Wow pretty impressive (I wouldn't have seen it anyway as we don't get the "super bowl" over here), although if it did air over here (and if I cared about sports period) I would have probably screamed, thank god that didn't air on TV. Also I think I can now safely say to anyone who says that "my little pony memes and bronies are dying" that no it's still very relevant. 

And they said the show was for little girls!

I don't get it.

obligatory 20 characters

It's because it aired on national television during the Super Bowl.  It's really just the fact that FiM was shown at all.  The scene is really short.

• Brohoof 1

So the mane 6 actually came out in the super bowl cheering? I'm not really in to football and was out delivering pizzas the entire time thinking about when season 5 would start. lol

It's not that big of a deal, with that clip that was just posted, it was in a clip thing that was aimed at kids.

The super bowl isn't just watched by adults, but by families, little girls, kids, everyone. So they wanted to put that in there for the little girls, NOT the bronies.

So really... It's not a big thing, they do that with every super bowl. It would be a big thing if it was a bronies thing, but with the clip that was posted, just confirmed that it was put in there for the kids, not the adults.

I'd say that they put in there for both the bronies and the kids. You're right, the Super Bowl NFL is watched by everybody, and I thought that it was rather clever of them to add in something that a younger audience would recognise. But MLP:FiM is becoming a sensation both universally and of geek culture, thanks to the bunch of fans we did not expect. Not to mention that if it weren't for the success of this show and the fandom, we wouldn't ever get a 2-second clip featuring the Mane 6 in Colts clothing.