Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports What sports did you play when you were younger?

MysticShine

I played soccer when I was younger.  My initial interest in it declined after getting hit in the face with the ball for x amount of times(Especially when I was sitting in the stands)...

• Brohoof 1

Had to play a lot of different sports at school, not through choice on my end. Rugby, football, cricket, hockey, tennis, golf, squash, swimming and the occasional bit of gymnastics when really young. Didn't really like any of them outside of football but it only happened for a couple of months in a school year and rarely did much. I prefer to watch sport than play it, as physical exertion isn't something I partake in, even though I took up cycling a lot after I left school, only to stop doing it.

Yeah... actually playing sports doesn't sit well with me.  :(  

Baseball and track. Was not good at the former, but that was the case with most of the people on the team ...

Track was a different story. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I played soccer, baseball, and lacrosse as a kid. I sucked at baseball but was decent at the other too. I was one of the fastest on both teams yet I played defense two years in a row we went undefeated in soccer. We lost one game the season after we went 2x undefeated, the one game I missed.   :umad:

...however that just means I was the best player on the team!!  :lol:  :lol:  :sneer:

:orly:

Ok not really  ^_^

(edited)

I played a lot of sports growing up: Flag football (1 year), track (3 years), basketball (7 years), volleyball (less than a year), swim team (3 years), and dance team (1 year), horseback riding <3 (12+ years)

In my family, doing a sport was heavily enforced, as it is a huge family tradition on my father's side.

I don't do competitive sports anymore, but I still ride horses for fun from time to time! ^^

Edited by Lady Kiriness
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

i used to play what i think you guys in the states call little league baseball then in high school i played as Ruckman for my school because of my freakishly fast short sprint times then in my last three Senior years i played Gridiron for my school

outside of school i did a lot of adventure sports so like surfing mountain bike riding diving etc etc i hated playing school sports but it was kind of forced on you i did like Baseball though oh and basketball! i liked that but never played for a team i just did that for fun more sports are coming to me but i mean everyone's like that you pick up and drop a lot of sports over the years 

i don't know if shooting or fishing count as sports they're both things i still do Mountain bike riding not so much (its literally rusting at the side of my house right now) and snow boarding however only if some one else is going and lets me tag a long 

I don't do competitive sports anymore, but I still ride horses for fun from time to time! ^^

What breed if i can ask? 

Edited by idunnomaybe
  • Brohoof 1

What breed if i can ask?

Sure! I've ridden many breeds over the years, including Mustangs, Morgans, Arabians, and Warmbloods. Most commonly, though, I've ridden Quarter Horses and Thoroughbreds. I don't own a horse, but I'd love to someday. :D

Do you ride?

When i was younger its a long story. 

but i used to have a Buckskin Australian Stockhorse called Abraxis

Cool, don't think I've ridden one before but I've tried riding in an Australian stock saddle. They're quite comfy!
  • Brohoof 1

Soccer and handball - my favourite even tough I hardly ever had a chance to play it. Handball was the dream we played like 2 or 3 times in the secondary school. Noe I just stick to skateboarding :D

Cool, don't think I've ridden one before but I've tried riding in an Australian stock saddle. They're quite comfy!

Yeah they are particularly RM William's 

that's mostly because we very much still have active Drivers (cowboys) so there's still a big Horse riding culture in Australia the moment you leave any of the major cities you pretty much just see horse ranches  

The horse from... that animated movie Sprit? he was a Buckskin Australian stock horse 

Edited by idunnomaybe
  • Brohoof 1

My parents never signed me up for any sports... Except pre ballet once... That hardly counts.

I've played tennis before there is a court in my neighborhood, but I've never played competitively.

Of course I played "the floor is lava" and "don't let the Ballon touch the ground".

No one tells kids about these games, but all kids independently come up with them.

ALL KIDS.

Yeah they are particularly RM William's 

that's mostly because we very much still have active Drivers (cowboys) so there's still a big Horse riding culture in Australia the moment you leave any of the major cities you pretty much just see horse ranches  

The horse from... that animated movie Sprit? he was a Buckskin Australian stock horse 

Oh nice! There are a lot of ranches near where I live too! Some of them are used for ranch work, but the main thing is rodeo competitions. I never did riding as a competitive sport myself and just do it for leisure. ^^

Spirit was a Kiger Mustang. 

Oh nice! There are a lot of ranches near where I live too! Some of them are used for ranch work, but the main thing is rodeo competitions. I never did riding as a competitive sport myself and just do it for leisure. ^^

I have no idea what the ranches actually do i just know there's a lot of them 

when it came to riding mine was out of necessity/a reason to keep Abraxis, my uncle had a HUGE property so big it actually had a river forests and a small mountain in the middle of it 

i can PM you the full story of Abraxis if you want but basically he only liked me and when ever i stayed with my uncle part of my chores was basically patrolling the property for pest animals making sure everything is ok and looking out for poachers (he had deer on his land we have complex laws when it comes to killing deer) however the terrain was better suited for a horse than an ATV and my uncle saw i loved Abraxis as much as he loved me so he kept him. (he was very violent towards other people)  

Spirit was a Kiger Mustang. 

Yeah i just looked up the breed Abraxis was more lighter in color and his mane and markings weren't as black 

• Brohoof 1

I have no idea what the ranches actually do i just know there's a lot of them 

when it came to riding mine was out of necessity/a reason to keep Abraxis, my uncle had a HUGE property so big it actually had a river forests and a small mountain in the middle of it 

i can PM you the full story of Abraxis if you want but basically he only liked me and when ever i stayed with my uncle part of my chores was basically patrolling the property for pest animals making sure everything is ok and looking out for poachers (he had deer on his land we have complex laws when it comes to killing deer) however the terrain was better suited for a horse than an ATV and my uncle saw i loved Abraxis as much as he loved me so he kept him. (he was very violent towards other people)  

Yeah i just looked up the breed Abraxis was more lighter in color and his mane and markings weren't as black 

That sounds like you and he had an awesome bonding story. ^^ 

Yeah, I would definitely like to hear that story! But I agree, I think we should take this to PMs since it's turning into another topic. ^^; Lol