Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Okay, pluses and minuses.

Pluses: this is the first McMahon family segment in many years that's actually held my attention. They had to do something to build interest in WrestleMania, because the initial card and the results of Fastlane sure as hell weren't going to do the job. Bringing back Shane is an interesting idea and the segment was handled well. :grin2:

Minuses: they're out of their minds if they think anyone wants to see Shane back in the ring at all, much less against the Undertaker in HIAC at Mania. That doesn't even make sense. Undertaker's gimmick puts him far beyond anyone's authority (capital or lowercase), and he's not going to beat up Shane just because Vince wants him to. There has to be more to this.  :confused: 

• Brohoof 2

Okay, pluses and minuses.

Pluses: this is the first McMahon family segment in many years that's actually held my attention. They had to do something to build interest in WrestleMania, because the initial card and the results of Fastlane sure as hell weren't going to do the job. Bringing back Shane is an interesting idea and the segment was handled well. :grin2:

Minuses: they're out of their minds if they think anyone wants to see Shane back in the ring, much less against the Undertaker in HIAC at Mania. That doesn't even make sense. Undertaker's gimmick puts him far beyond anyone's authority (capital or lowercase), and he's not going to beat up Shane just because Vince wants him to. There has to be more to this.  :confused: 

Valid points, though personally I'd love to see Shane in the ring again. It's been so long :P

Plus, the idea of having a babyface authority figure, and a McMahon no less, is a real breath of fresh air. The Corporation Authority has gone the direction of TNA's Aces and Eights - they've stayed for far too long and no one wants them around anymore.

Also, they have a few weeks to work the Shane/Taker feud, so maybe they can work something out with it. They've made split-second decisions work in the past, surprisingly enough, and I have faith that Shane and Hunter can talk some sense into their lunatic dad.

Plus, Shane McMahon returns from a 6 year absence to face the Undertaker at WrestleMania. You have to admit, people will want to see that.

And with Dean Ambrose set to face Brock Lesnar in a No Holds Barred match, it looks like they're really making up for F**kup Fastlane with a decent-looking WrestleMania card.

Edited by Unicorncob

@@Unicorncob,@@TailsIsNotAlone,

Except they didn't change the one thing that needed it, and that's Roman in the main event. People were cheering for HHH the whole time he was kicking Romans ass, even doing the whole "Yes! Yes! Yes!" thing. Unless they do a double turn, this isn't gonna work. 

Also, I don't think Shane/Taker is gonna stick. I see Taker stepping in the ring with Vice and telling him "Find somebody else to fight your battles." Think about it. Taker walking into WM, in his home state, as the villain? Not happening.

• Brohoof 1

As far as the McMahons go, I always thought Shane was at least a great performer especially compared to Vince and Stephanie, and thought his one HiaC match is still really damn good. I think he can still put on a decent match with enough training

Of course He still doesn't have to wrestle the Taker if he doesn't have to, especially since this seems like another on-the-fly match from the WWE like usual

Well as I said, there's still time to make the Taker/Shane feud work. They might get someone else in to wrestle with him, though I'd love to see Shane in the ring.

To be honest, a face-heel double turn with Hunter and Reigns would be amazing. In fact it might save the company.

• Brohoof 1

As far as the McMahons go, I always thought Shane was at least a great performer especially compared to Vince and Stephanie, and thought his one HiaC match is still really damn good. I think he can still put on a decent match with enough training

Of course He still doesn't have to wrestle the Taker if he doesn't have to, especially since this seems like another on-the-fly match from the WWE like usual

@@Unicorncob,@@TailsIsNotAlone,

Except they didn't change the one thing that needed it, and that's Roman in the main event. People were cheering for HHH the whole time he was kicking Romans ass, even doing the whole "Yes! Yes! Yes!" thing. Unless they do a double turn, this isn't gonna work. 

Also, I don't think Shane/Taker is gonna stick. I see Taker stepping in the ring with Vice and telling him "Find somebody else to fight your battles." Think about it. Taker walking into WM, in his home state, as the villain? Not happening.

Wow. Had no idea it was bad enough that they were cheering a heel Triple H over a face Roman. But if that's the case then I agree, something has to change here. Fans aren't down with Reigns as the top guy and if Vince keeps pushing him into that spot it could be a John Cena story all over again where no matter how well he does in the future, the fans never completely accept him because he got shoved down their throats at the beginning. 

Regardless of who Shane's actual opponent will be, I'm not looking forward to seeing him (or anyone who's not a wrestler) in the ring. It was okay when he was flipping and flopping around and doing stunts in the Attitude Era, but he's 46 now. Best-case scenario is that he finagles some deal where a real wrestler can take his place in the match. Then we'd have a Vince vs. Donald Trump kind of deal, where Vince picked Umaga and Trump picked Bobby Lashley to represent them at WrestleMania 23. I could go for that.

• Brohoof 1

So there is a chance that Mania might be saved next week if creative plays their cards right. 

We're getting Ambrose vs. HHH for the WWE title. 

Durign the match, ref. get's bumped. HHH closes in on the attack. 

"Here comes the pain" blairs over the arena. 

Lesnar comes out. HHH steps aside to let him handle Ambrose.

He gets (a) German suplex(s) instead. And then an F5. 

Dean crawls to HHH. Picks him up. Hit's Dirty Deeds. 1-2-3. New WWE champ. 

It's now Ambrose vs. Lesnar in a street fight for the WWE title at the main event of Mania. 

• Brohoof 2

So there is a chance that Mania might be saved next week if creative plays their cards right. 

We're getting Ambrose vs. HHH for the WWE title. 

Durign the match, ref. get's bumped. HHH closes in on the attack. 

"Here comes the pain" blairs over the arena. 

Lesnar comes out. HHH steps aside to let him handle Ambrose.

He gets (a) German suplex(s) instead. And then an F5. 

Dean crawls to HHH. Picks him up. Hit's Dirty Deeds. 1-2-3. New WWE champ. 

It's now Ambrose vs. Lesnar in a street fight for the WWE title at the main event of Mania. 

I would love that. The problem is though, that Reigns earned his spot in the match for the WWE title, after the BS Triple Threat Match at Fastlane..

So either, they have to try to bullshit Reigns out of the title picture, or make another triple threat, which i can't see because we had that at Fastlane.

I would love that. The problem is though, that Reigns earned his spot in the match for the WWE title, after the BS Triple Threat Match at Fastlane..

So either, they have to try to bullshit Reigns out of the title picture, or make another triple threat, which i can't see because we had that at Fastlane.

They could just go by the word. The stip was that the winner would face HHH. Not necessarily for the title. 

They could just go by the word. The stip was that the winner would face HHH. Not necessarily for the title. 

Well, on one side it would be kinda bullshit. But on the other, it wouldn't be the most bullshit thing WWE has ever done and the Texas Stadium will still stand after Wrestlemania. :P

Well, on one side it would be kinda bullshit. But on the other, it wouldn't be the most bullshit thing WWE has ever done and the Texas Stadium will still stand after Wrestlemania. :P

Or they do what they did at Mania 30. Dean vs. Lesnar. Roman vs. HHH. Winners of those matches meet in the main event. 

Sorry, but i have to remind everybody that Donald did partake in this.

But i do have to give Donald credit. As much as i don't like him, he really did sell this match well. :P

Sorry, but i have to remind everybody that Donald did partake in this.

But i do have to give Donald credit. As much as i don't like him, he really did sell this match well. :P

Everything except that Stunner

Everything except that Stunner

Even Vince took better Stunners then him... >_>

• Brohoof 1