Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So I may have gone to a pony convention this weekend and ended up on ABC News.

SolidTwilight

So I went to Ponycon this weekend in Brookly NYC and I seem to have ended up on ABC NEWS!! I am really excited and embarrass at the same time! I am a bit of a closet brony so I am scared that some one will see me on the news but at the same time I want to e-mail this to every one I know! how would you guys react if this happen to you?

here is the cosplay when I did it at bronycon too

post-27007-0-74651300-1424395716_thumb.png

Edited by SolidTwilight
  • Brohoof 27

That was actually pretty good (considering all the negative press about bronies) and you look awesome, bro! You can find me in about 2 seconds of John DeLancie's Brony documentary, but I didn't look nearly as cool as you. I'm jealous!

To answer your question, I would love to be shown on TV, but only if it's not embarrassing, and I'm a bit shy, so I'd probably rather be some guy in the background walking by.

• Brohoof 2

Oh hey! I remember you. You posted the pics of your WIP cosplay! I think that's awesome, but I dunno how I'd feel if I was a closet brony.  :wau:

If this happened to me, I'd definitely forward it to everyone I knew: "LOOK HOW GOOD I LOOK YOU GUYS" :o

• Brohoof 6

You were the Metal Gear Twilight. I've seen you around the place most of the time. I'm surprised I don't see myself in this since it looks like a majority of it was filmed in the Vendor Hall, the area I was stationed in.

• Brohoof 2

Thanks every one. You all are really making me feel a lot less stressed about this hole thing. As for the cosplay, I was super nerves that I would just look stupid when I was buying skin tight spandex to make the suits. when I was working on it I was thinking to my self "there is like a 50/50 chance that this is gong to look really badass or just really bad!" one of my friends even told me that I looked as straight as a circle when they first saw it. I am really happy with how it turned out and I am so glad to here all the positive reviews I have got so far, all I thought people were going to say is "dude, that is way to tight looking. yoga paints are for girls!" . Also I will be adding a horn for next time. anyway here are some more photos of it and for the people that were asking, here is what I look like in my full Snake/Big Boss rig.

post-27007-0-99333200-1424475808_thumb.jpg

post-27007-0-63521000-1424475811_thumb.jpg

post-27007-0-47825800-1424475813_thumb.jpg

post-27007-0-19946200-1424475816_thumb.jpg

post-27007-0-91656800-1424475926_thumb.jpg

Edited by SolidTwilight
  • Brohoof 8

I was filmed by someone at an anime convention once... of course I was looking at the booth for Ponyville Ciderfest. I'm the guy at 1:40 (the don't get any of my face though, which is good I guess)

edit: i'm also in it at 4:03

Edited by Panne

I was filmed by someone at an anime convention once... of course I was looking at the booth for Ponyville Ciderfest. I'm the guy at 1:40 (the don't get any of my face though, which is good I guess)

edit: i'm also in it at 4:03

Cool video. here are some screen shots from the video. cool nails!

post-27007-0-90007000-1424480093_thumb.png

post-27007-0-67826500-1424480097_thumb.png

post-27007-0-56087300-1424480297_thumb.png

post-27007-0-16841400-1424480301_thumb.png

Edited by SolidTwilight

Cool video. here are some screen shots from the video.

well those second pairs you should wait like 3 milliseconds more. That is my little sister's friend in that scene actually.

Real props to ABC for this video. And great job to that guy with the Twilight Sparkle beanie talking about the situation, he really made it sound reasonable and genuine.

Edited by Unikitty
  • Brohoof 1

That look seems natural on you! Now I can see you calling in reinforcements and a Pegasus helicopter picks you up and you then start sniping people from the ladder of the helicopter with a party cannon. That looked like so much fun! I wish I could go to a con.

• Brohoof 2

@@SolidTwilight, WOW.  You look absolutely awesome.  You own that look, dude.  Unbelievable costume.  Best MLP themed cosplay I've ever seen.  And you pull it off so well.  As in, you turn it into a perfect look for a male.  Absolutely looks like Twi, but absolutely masculine at the same time.  And what really seals the deal is that you actually look like Solid Snake for real.  You're the coolest guy there.  I don't mean to sound like a dopey 7th grader or something, but you really are the coolest guy there.  And I just want to personally say thank you for doing such a great job representing the fandom!  It's kind of annoying when they show someone on tv who looks like this:

500full.jpg

I mean, not that there's anything wrong with looking like anything, but when they specifically profile the people who look like that, it just doesn't help the public image, y'know?  I mean, if a person looks like that, they're going to look like that anyway, regardless of MLP.  MLP has nothing to do with it, but it makes the public jump to unfair conclusions.  The cold, hard truth must be faced that if we want our image to improve, we need people who will represent us well and give the public a good impression.  And you sir did an excellent job.

As for how you should handle this going forward, I say embrace it.  Email this to everyone you know.  Shout it from the rooftops (perhaps using some sort of albino shouting gorilla!).  You're just too f*cking awesome to be in the closet.

• Brohoof 4