Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are crystal ponies special ability?

Jonquil Earthpony

Earth ponies have strength, Pegasi have flight and Unicorns have magic, so what talent do crystal ponies have? I've noticed that all the crystal ponies I've seen are basic ponies ( earth pony model).

So is there talent strength? or something completely different?   :dash:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Everypony can be crystal pony. This is effect of the crystal heart.

tumblr_mdcmfzmjyZ1r9k5vlo1_1280.png

I think their special ability is funny hairs and being transparent.

They was created to produce new line of toys, made from transparent plastic.

Edited by Cryptic Script
  • Brohoof 4

Everypony can be crystal pony. This is effect of the crystal heart.

tumblr_mdcmfzmjyZ1r9k5vlo1_1280.png

I think their special ability is funny hairs and being transparent.

I don't that counts because as soon as the left the Crystal Empire they went back to normal. Crystal ponies have been seen outside the crystal empire so their " crystal effect" isn't temporal. look in link below please. 

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140421232703/mlp/images/4/4a/Rainbow_%22there's_no_way_this_trade_can_be_fair%22_S4E22.png

• Brohoof 2

I don't that counts because as soon as the left the Crystal Empire they went back to normal. Crystal ponies have been seen outside the crystal empire so their " crystal effect" isn't temporal.

It may just take longer to wear off if you've been exposed to the effect of the Crystal Heart all your life.

In answer to the original question, there are three varieties of crystal pony: unicorn crystal ponies, pegasus crystal ponies, and earth crystal ponies. I don't think they have any special abilities over and above normal unicorn ponies, normal pegasus ponies, and normal earth ponies. They just look different.

• Brohoof 4

I think it's the Crystal Heart effect that gives them that semi-transparent, glittery look. But if that's true, then Crystal ponies aren't really a different species at all, they're just regular ponies with a high gloss finish. More importantly, if it's just an effect of the Crystal Heart, why are they all earth ponies? We haven't seen any unicorn or pegasi Crystal ponies, have we? I can't remember. Possibly the Crystal Empire is a earth pony settlement like Appaloosa. 

BUT, if they were to have a special ability, I would probably think sensitivity or empathy. I mean, their mood literally governs the fate of Equestria, so they'd probably have to be fairly good at that. XDD

• Brohoof 2

We haven't seen any unicorn or pegasi Crystal ponies, have we?

Yes, there are some, but not many. The unicorns are mostly recolourings of the normal Ponyville background ponies. There's a crystal pegasus guard too.

post-30326-0-99672800-1425304640_thumb.png post-30326-0-72666500-1425304644.pngpost-30326-0-80197400-1425304648.png

• Brohoof 2

The answer is probably a little bit of both. The Crystal Ponies are essentially derivatives of the main races, BUT considering their relative isolation from the rest of Equestria and how they have developed some subtle physical differences from the rest, I think it is fair to say they are separate as well.

Likely, the only reason the Mane 6 went crystal was because that circumstance in regards to the Crystal Heart going crazy and killing off a mega power dark unicorn. Unlike the Mane 6, the Crystal Ponies can stay in their crystal forms outside of the Empire, so I would presume that through the generations the Crystal Pony gene pool has differed thanks to isolation from Equestria and influence from the Crystal Heart.

• Brohoof 3

The ability to move... as they are made from crystal... and crystal is nnon-maleable...as its crystal =p

you know NON-BENDABLE crystal

11.jpeg

Or manybe they arent made form crystal... thy actually have transparent meat..like fish... but theyre called crystal ponies cuz it sounds better than See-through ponies =p

transparent_animals_10b.jpg

They have the ability to radiate light and love. Or at least, the ability to amplify it; it's why they're the only ones able to power up the Crystal Heart.

In fact, they may just be able to amplify emotion in general; we've seen they have two shades for different emotional states. Maybe crystal in Equestria just happens to be hypersenitive to emotional states?

• Brohoof 2

They just look pretty. If it wasn't for the fact that everypony in Equestria should want them to be happy, lest it be plunged into darkness, I would say that Rarity should not be jealous of them because crystal fur and mane is really all they have otherwise. Maybe their crystalline exterior acts as a bit of a shell of sorts, affording them a little more in the way of defense, but that's just a thought I came up with that currently has no empirical basis in the show.

This is purely headcanon, but I theorize that they have some inborn connection to emotions. They seemingly change color and stuff based on their emotions, and the Crystal Heart is able to channel and concentrate all of their emotions.

Also, ever think of how odd and unfitting it is that given the other alicorns, there's a princess of love? Well, they say that alicorns possess the racial qualities of "all three" races, but I think Cadence, being the crystal princess... somehow, has unicorn, pegasus, and crystal pony traits instead of earth pony. This sets her apart from Celestia and Luna, giving her both her unique appearance and magic.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

They are shiny ponies and have the magic to spread love and light, not from the horn but from their heart and soul. I'm sure the connection is that crystals symbolize love and light and vibrate loving energy and radiate beautiful light . So crystal ponies can radiate beautiful light and vibrate loving energy just like crystals.

beautiful-blue-crystal-crystals-light-pr

It looks pretty lovely right?

Edited by TheJLeeTeam
  • Brohoof 1

Looking pretty, merchandising, uhh that is about it really.

While the design of the Crystal Empire is really pretty and a treat to look at the crystal ponies aren't really that interesting or memorable to be honest.

But I am going on a limb and say merchandising power is what they are good for.