Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst My Little Pony toy ever?

Hugemlpfimfan1919

The Spike figure that comes within the MLP busy book will forever haunt my dreams.  :lol:

sig-4719593.spike-busy-book-figure.jpg

:lol: See, to me, that's more humourous than scary.

There is also something really, really off-putting about the Beddy Bye-Eyed G1 ponies. That something is definitely the eyes. 

sig-4719593.bbenbbe1.jpg

THIS on the other hand strikes genuine fear into my heart. :unsure:
  • Brohoof 2

Why can't show accurate ponies be made? Come on Hasbro, it can't be THAT difficult to made either plastic or plush show accurate MLP's or Equestria Girls!! At least most of the the plastic Funko ponies looked close to show accurate!

• Brohoof 2

I don't like MLP plushies, they have weird, square, fettuccini-shaped hair and it looks like your over-paying for a cheap, dollar store knock-off. You'd think a prestigious toy company like Hasbro could learn to produce decent plushies.

It's bad when they can't make decent toys but man the fan stuff out there is crazy ridiculously amazing. They should be behind making the toys.

They used to produce nice, good quality toys. I don't know why they got cheap and lazy this gen. I mean look at how nice a lot of their Transformers are! They can't afford to create well-made MLPs again?

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 2

I don't like MLP plushies, they have weird, square, fettuccini-shaped hair and it looks like your over-paying for a cheap, dollar store knock-off. You'd think a prestigious toy company like Hasbro could learn to produce decent plushies.

They used to produce nice, good quality toys. I don't know why they got cheap and lazy this gen. I mean look at how nice a lot of their Transformers are! They can't afford to create well-made MLPs again?

These days it's more about quantity than quality. It's what brings in the money :/.

• Brohoof 2

If you complain to the company, you'll probably get the standard reply, "Well kids won't care if the toys are show accurate, they just want to play with them!"

Yeah most likely. Though I do know a few kids that are disappointed with some of the toys.

• Brohoof 2

If you complain to the company, you'll probably get the standard reply, "Well kids won't care if the toys are show accurate, they just want to play with them!"

I'm complaining about the quality control, it bothers me when I buy an mlp and the hair is an unmanageable mess that doesn't stay tamed for long, or there's this awful chemical smell that indicates the toy needs to be washed or tossed sometimes, or an eyelash goes through an eyeball like some kind of rare, medical deformity.

That and as a personal nitpick, the toy and show designers obviously has no idea what an actual equine looks like.

• Brohoof 1

it bothers me when I buy an mlp and the hair is an unmanageable mess that doesn't stay tamed for long

This is exactly the problem with a large Fluttershy plush I have. For some reason her mane has started to resemble the hair of an old G1 pony in bad condition. Or at least the sensation is similar. It didn't even want to smooth out after about half an hour of intense brushing and trimming.

I had to braid her mane to protect it from getting that bad again, but the tuft at the end is still such an explosion of pony hair. And it looks (as well as feels) worse in person.

89CTXMJ.jpg

That's why I strongly think that this plush has had the worst mane quality of everything I have.  :rarity:  It's a shame since she's quite a cute plushie overall.

Oh, someone noticed this long before I did :D

Something else I've noticed.... is the mare's cutie mark :confused: . Yeah, I'm pretty sure having a special talent in bringing kids to the world it's not something I'd be proud off :dash:. then again, don't ponies usually get their cutie marks as foals :confused: ?

sig-4719552.fridgehorror_7453.png

Something you forget, G1-G3 ponies don't earn their symbols. That's a G4 thing. It's a matter of name and theming.

• 1 month later...

Worst one I ever bought was a Pinkie Pie plush with the spaghetti mane/tail. Just a small version of her. Either that or the Fash'em Fluttershy I got. She doesn't stand up and she has this weird rubbery texture to her..she feels like the material cheap sex toys are made of.  :awuh:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Something you forget, G1-G3 ponies don't earn their symbols. That's a G4 thing. It's a matter of name and theming.

Yeah, that might be obvious, but that ain't stopping applying G4 lore to previous gens for the lulz  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is the purpose of Hasbro creating a "Princess Skyla" since she isn't show canon, or is she a mutant that pops up in a future season of MLP??????

Because Hasbro likes making money and there's nothing wrong with having toys that aren't in the show. :)

Ooh! I saw those reboot moulds in person this week with their bulbous, balloon heads, boneless legs and upturned snouts. Man those things are ugly!

Ooh! I saw those reboot moulds in person this week with their bulbous, balloon heads, boneless legs and upturned snouts. Man those things are ugly!

I've seen those in pictures only so far, but especially the Cadance figure just keeps being the worst thing I've seen in a while. What were they thinking with that head? To put it bluntly, to me she looks like she's recovering from 57 bee stings to the head.

Family-Moments-Reboot-Series-1-Cadance.j

I've seen those in pictures only so far, but especially the Cadance figure just keeps being the worst thing I've seen in a while. What were they thinking with that head? To put it bluntly, to me she looks like she's recovering from 57 bee stings to the head.

sig-4807585.Family-Moments-Reboot-Series

She's suffered the Wrath of Khan.