Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst My Little Pony toy ever?

Hugemlpfimfan1919

Those new jointed ponies. I hate articulated animals because it just ruins the whole look and makes them robotic and ugly.

I finally found them in a store the other day... What's up with their huge barrel-like bellies? They all look pregnant!

• Brohoof 4

I finally found them in a store the other day... What's up with their huge barrel-like bellies? They all look pregnant!

They do lol I made the mistake of buying one...they aren't that good and the posable legs are somewhat loose so they don't stand well and the cutie mark has to be on the lower thigh because of the joint. Also on the bottom there is a nice screw showing but I guess that's no surprise considering they have to hold the thing together somehow. The face is still seems the same as the non-posable ones though.

• Brohoof 2

The cutie mark has to be on the lower thigh because of the joint. 

Their lack of proper buttocks is another thing that bothers me so much XD

Mattel's articulated Barbie horses actually have nice, round butts where cutie marks would fit perfectly... just saying X'D

Also on the bottom there is a nice screw showing but I guess that's no surprise considering they have to hold the thing together somehow. 

Did they bother to use coloured screws or it's the metallic ones, as always?

• Brohoof 3

Mattel got it right then, so hopefully Hasbro will realize it soon enough. And the screw is metallic and not colored or capped off with a piece of plastic or anything. It just looks like the thing got impaled or something. But it doesn't bother me as much as the one cutie mark thing, with any of the figures the cutie mark is not supposed to be on only one side. But from an business point of view it would add more cost to the production.(Im a business major, so I at least understand why they make these decisions, but as a brony it still bothers me.)

• Brohoof 2

sig-4171124.mqdefault.jpg

How about these tho? they're called MLP Radz and it's the worst merch i've seen so far. They don't even LOOK like ponies!

The horror. THE HORROR!!! Seriously, before reading this thread I didn't knew MLP-toys this terrible existed. :S

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Well, baby ponies hafta come from somewhere. Lol

They do lol I made the mistake of buying one...they aren't that good and the posable legs are somewhat loose so they don't stand well and the cutie mark has to be on the lower thigh because of the joint. Also on the bottom there is a nice screw showing but I guess that's no surprise considering they have to hold the thing together somehow. The face is still seems the same as the non-posable ones though.

Oh really? Hasbro hasn't been very good about jointed anything. Even the Transformers get loose joints really fast.

• Brohoof 1

i didn't read every response, but I'd be shocked if someone already mentioned this:

take a look at this power ponies set, and see if you can see anything atrociously wrong about it.  Then open the spoiler below for the answer.

that's right, spike/humdrum is missing!  even after making him the butt of an entire episode, the makers of this set reinforced the theme of his worthlessness by excluding him from the product!

I see it everytime I go to target and it makes my blood boil!

Edited by weesh

I'm gonna take a moment to point out that this topic is full of teens-to-adults that are criticizing toys intended for children; young children, at that.  We aren't supposed to like the "Newborns" line.  I don't think we fall into the demographic that's even supposed to be buying the brushables.  Outside of this fandom, I've rarely run into anything quite like this.  It isn't as though most twenty-somethings see this:

post-26550-0-81044600-1461194502_thumb.png

And then proceed to go, "Wha- what even is this?  There are blocks, and there are holes.  That's, that's all it is!  Blocks and holes.  There are only so many things you can do with that.  And some of the blocks don't fit into some of the holes.  Maybe, today, I want to put a square peg in a circular hole.  Can't do it.  Can't do it.  Take your nonconformist shape-related thinking someplace else!  Not to mention: They don't have my favorite shape (which has a billion sides), the box itself isn't appealing to look at, and it hurts when you get hit in the eye with one of the blocks."

That being said...  It bugs me when the Rainbow Dash figures that "talk" have recorded voice samples that don't sound remotely like show-Dash.  I'd rather the voice feature had been excluded altogether.  I'm lookin' at you, "Flip and Whirl Rainbow Dash."

post-26550-0-53245100-1461195129.png

Okay, I'll admit it: I still kind of want it anyway. xD

And I don't know exactly what to say about this figure:

post-26550-0-02671800-1461195450.png

Those are not the right wings.  Those are not wings at all.  Why are there weird ornaments hanging from them?  What's happening?  Where am I? x (

• Brohoof 3

I definitely second the original EQG toys, they were ugly as sin. Thank gawd for the Minis

There's still the subject of the early toys in the early days of G4 and stuff like Skyla

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
(edited)

They really messed up this one wave 15 blind bag pony. Does THIS look like Sapphire Shores to you?attachicon.gif20160723_17_58_12.jpeg Apparently not to Hasbro.

attachicon.gif20160723_17_58_44.png

you remind me of yum soda :fluttershy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-aaAypyty8

Edited by KrazyDashie

• 2 weeks later...

Oh god, that's a good point. Now I'm intrigued to see what they name the baby...

Did Spike have a secret affair with Princess Cadence?????? Because that Princess Skyla plushie's head sure reminds me of Spike! Edited by Darthy Hooves

• 2 months later...

Um, one is pink with a blue mane, and the other is blue with a pink mane.  Could it be?

Oh, someone noticed this long before I did  :D

This one is disturbing to say the least (spoliered for protection).

img-3620673-1-large.jpeg

img-3620673-2-410202__safe_toy_g1_wat_bo

Something else I've noticed.... is the mare's cutie mark  :confused: . Yeah, I'm pretty sure having a special talent in bringing kids to the world it's not something I'd be proud off :dash:. then again, don't ponies usually get their cutie marks as foals  :confused:

fridgehorror_7453.png

• Brohoof 1

The Spike figure that comes within the MLP busy book will forever haunt my dreams.  :lol:

spike-busy-book-figure.jpg

There is also something really, really off-putting about the Beddy Bye-Eyed G1 ponies. That something is definitely the eyes. 

bbenbbe1.jpg

The Spike figure that comes within the MLP busy book will forever haunt my dreams.  :lol:

sig-4719593.spike-busy-book-figure.jpg

There is also something really, really off-putting about the Beddy Bye-Eyed G1 ponies. That something is definitely the eyes. 

sig-4719593.bbenbbe1.jpg

Beddy Bye Eyes creep me out. I don't like most blinking eyed toys. It's a shame, because Baby Frosting and Baby Lofty would be so pretty if they had normal eyes.