Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Season 5 Episode 3 Title and Synopsis

Marimo

That's an episode that alot of people (including me) hoped for.

You can't just blow up the library, which was there since the beginning of the show and just say "whatever, the castle is your home now."

I think this could also be a good opportunity for the viewers to give the castle a chance, just like Twilight will probably do in this episode.

• Brohoof 6

This just seems like a fun little episode.

I'm excited to see what the ponies do to Twilight's castle.

• Brohoof 1

after finding out she's been avoiding it.

Oh I like this idea! Maybe she finds it unwelcoming or she regrets her previous library.

Hopefully the castle will look better after this episode.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 3

Sounds good.

Sounds nice, but hopefully they change the title. It sounds a bit odd.

I believe it is an attempt as a play on words to the expression of Home Sweet Home, and if this is case than I can see what they are going for.

So basically Twilight is in agreement with all those complaining bronies who started those save the tree petions and the like then.

In all seriousness though, they seem to be making Twilight a little too mopey as a princess. At the beginning she wasn't happy at all about being a princess, as she didn't feel she deserved to be ranked higher than those around her. Then in the season 4 finale she'd done a 180 and was now complaining that her title as princess didn't seem to mean much. Now it seems she'll be complaining about the castle which was a gift to her and tied in with the meaning of her being a princess.

So basically Twilight is in agreement with all those complaining bronies who started those save the tree petions and the like then. 

I would not go that far, but rather it seems like she is struggling to cope with the loss of her home. I believe she is going to accept the castle by the end of the episode but she may be going through several phases of grief in order to do as such.

In all seriousness though, they seem to be making Twilight a little too mopey as a princess. 

Admittedly Twilight  is still trying to walk a fine line here as she wants to embrace the title but she is reluctant to do so out of fear elevating herself above the others. But yeah the staff has been sending some mixed signals.

Edited by UnknownFry
  • Brohoof 1

I think we can expect another sad song like "oh why", although I'm not sure how you could really be that depressed over a new house. 

I don't think it's getting the new house that's the problem. It's the loss of the old home and struggling to move on.

Me, personally, I would much rather live in a tree library (even if only one room) than a castle any day. I would need something more than "homey touches" to make such a place feel like home. Damn. Tree + Library. Genius!

I just cant wait to see any of the new episodes. I kinda wish they didn't put out spoilers until closer to the time of release tho (then again, I could have just avoided this thread...)

My hope for this episode is to bawl like a baby over the loss of the tree!

I do harbor a tiny tinge of fear that it's gonna be too much like "eh, get over yourself."

Well, i think in the end Twilight will get over herself. I think the general idea of this episode, is that it's okay to grief about things we lost and we loved. But these things shouldn't control our lifes, because if they do, they will ruin you. You have to move on with your life and accept that things happen, that we might not necessarily like, but that we still have to take.

• Brohoof 1

I think that tree house drama doesnt work for me... come on, they can use some magic (discord, i guess..) to recover the library with a finger snap so Twilight can have castle and a tree house (any bronies who love tree house or castle will not be unsastisfied). I wonder how writers can make this episode work...

Jeez Luise, did anybody notice how much destruction there was in Twilight's Kingdom?  I think one episode acknowledging that the battle had some costs isn't out of line.  Plus, the library was her home for at least a year & a half (maybe more).  She was happy there, maybe for the 1st time in her life.  I don't think 1 episode that says she's sorry all her stuff got destroyed is too much.

Well, i think in the end Twilight will get over herself. I think the general idea of this episode, is that it's okay to grief about things we lost and we loved. But these things shouldn't control our lifes, because if they do, they will ruin you. You have to move on with your life and accept that things happen, that we might not necessarily like, but that we still have to take.

Oh, I know she'll get over it.  And I want her to.

But, and this is important (to the mood of the whole of the show), the writers can linger on it for a few moments (or way too long [but I doubt that's going to happen]), or they can rush the emotions. 

I'm just a bit concerned that they'll rush it because they have to go from

1 intro

2 plot intro (which may be the same as 1, but not always)

3 Showing us Twilight's perspective

4 Twily's friends figure out what the plot is.

5 Attempts to change Twilight's perspective [probably comedic at times]

6 success [may be the same as 5 if there are no failed attempts]

All in 22 minutes and meshed around commercial breaks.

Oh, and don't forget that Hasbro might add point number 7, product placement which barely fits into the story [ala Mane 6 Breezies].  I may have forgotten a point or they may throw something else in that is useful to the story -- I don't know.

At best, that's 3 minutes 40 seconds for each point.  And given that the show is highly comedic in focus. that leaves little time to mourn for Twilight's emotional loss.

For those of you who felt MMC was rushed, they may rush this one also. 

Though thinking of MMC I predict a song for mood's sake

I believe with moderate confidence that the writers can do it [Though if Hasbro puts in number 7 then I'm much less confident].

I would not go that far, but rather it seems like she is struggling to cope with the loss of her home. I believe she is going to accept the castle by the end of the episode but she may be going through several phases of grief in order to do as such.

In all seriousness though, they seem to be making Twilight a little too mopey as a princess. 

Admittedly Twilight  is still trying to walk a fine line here as she wants to embrace the title but she is reluctant to do so out of fear elevating herself above the others. But yeah the staff has been sending some mixed signals.

Well, I can say this. If the library in my community burned down, it would break my heart. I would be in tears. Now multiply that by the library actually being Twilight's beloved home. It's loss would be devastating. She would actually go though a period of mourning over it's loss. She only lived there a few years, but before that, she just existed in her suite at the castle in Canterlot. The library was full of cherished memories of making friends and getting to know them. The loss would be immeasurable.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

• 2 weeks later...

If she's been trying to avoid the castle, why was she sitting casually in the castle in Rainbow Rocks and Cutie Markless?

Anyway, I hope the episode is as heartwarming as it sounds.