Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Star vs. the Forces of Evil Fanclub

TheJLeeTeam

(edited)
On 6/13/2017 at 7:52 PM, Coffee said:

Also...I'm worried....where is Jackie o_o

Don't know why she wasn't in the intro, but she's still appearing this season.

https://dominicbisignano.tumblr.com/post/162224581533/will-we-see-more-of-jackie-in-season-3-she-is-my

I never thought this necessarily meant she wasn't appearing. Marco's parents weren't in it either and I don't see why they wouldn't appear.

Edited by PinkiePie97

So we are getting a new theme song for season 3, that is pretty cool.

It also looks like the season might mostly take place in Mewni instead of earth which could also be interesting.

27 minutes ago, CT-1138 said:

Oh yeaaaaaaaahhhhh! 

Also, anybody know when the new season premieres? 

This actually is the season premiere, although if you mean after this, new episodes will resume this fall.

(edited)
On 6/28/2017 at 8:10 PM, CT-1138 said:

Oh yeaaaaaaaahhhhh! 

Also, anybody know when the new season premieres? 

It starts July 15th, with a 2 hour premiere that will act as a "movie", but it's really just 4 episodes.

But yeah more episodes don't start until the Autumn like @PinkiePie97 said. I imagine that there will be a time skip as this will be the events for Star and Marcos summer, then in Autumn they re-attend school.

Edited by Dark Rider

Im probably the only one but i've gotten a little attached to Janna. I've always had interest in the "awkward" or "outcast" female of shows cast. The character that purposely never gets enough screen time but ends up an underground fandom.

Spoiler

676f2975e4a3274be1f37a62a9708747.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not impressed at how BFM is not being shown in the UK. We have Disney XD, and yet there isn't a trace of Star to be found. There's not even any re-runs. It's as if it never existed, which doesn't make sense because Star is a Disney original. But more importantly, need I mention the levels of hype I'm feeling just by watching the promos? It's seriously disappointing me that I'm missing out on this piece of epicness.

I don't have much to say about The Battle for Mewni, but I'll leave it behind spoiler tags anyway.

Spoiler

Enjoyed Battle for Mewni. I wonder what role Queen Eclipsa will play as the season goes on.

I also liked the new credits music (or at least what I did hear of it since my DVR cut it off, but I thought it seemed good at least based on what I saw).

Man that TV movie was boring as hell. It felt like it slogged on for 70 minutes and went absolutely nowhere. The end was kinda cool, but that didn't make the rest of it any less tedious and painful. 

• 1 month later...

Hey does anyone notice that in the second season when Star is kidnapped by the Crystal guy with snake hands, in the cave appears Eclipsa in the back crystallized!! seems that she will have an important role in season 3 she also appears crystallized in the intro of this season

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't get this when it comes out. I see almost all Disney XD on demand. I just started watching the third season. Random musings, yes there will be spoilers for those who haven't seen yet. Also typos, cause I can't be bothered to put these words into my SwiftKey keyboard. I'm sure everyone knows what I mean.

Glossary is back. That episode was creepy as all heck. And then he comes back an he's a babbling idiot? I get that he's immortal, tied to all magic, and I was never worried about his death, but coming back effectively brainless and babbling one word? What? what is up with that? There's always been a degree of suspense with this show for me, keeping me watching. They need to explain this. Please.

Eclipse was hyped so much in the previews after the event, super sinister when she was in the crystal during the fact, and now she's just......normal? I did a double take when I saw her when Star had no idea either (because she had seen Eclipse in the crystal but didn't catch on immediately either due to the normalness, just wondering if they'd met). Like is that really her? What's her game acting so normal? Is it an act at all? Did she hit her head when she escaped that crystal? She's not calling Moon granddaughter, why is this? Everything going on with Eclipse is another suspense element that really has me going what.

The ball episode? What got me was Tom's mom. That explains so much. He has a regular dad and his mom is (what I assume) the queen of the underworld. Like OMG that's huge, and I'm really not trying to do a pun about her. They finally explained how all the races work or relate to each other and that Star's planet doesn't have only one ruling family, as well as randomly throwing in that chicken family. Need to do more with this.

The Sol episodes are as expected fun and funny as heck. This show just makes me smile. It's a show about a magical girl, but she's written that she breaks all the stereotypes. Doesn't even have a real transformation, but she does transform on occasion, which still breaks all the stereotypes.

Is it weird I don't ship her with anyone, or anyone with anyone? I wanna see where the relationships go now that Tom knows Star and Marco are just friends. Very platonic and they could still end up together, as the sniffing brings the friendship into question, but I'm not going to just assume quite yet. Marco has been trying to get the other girl for ages, but he has also abandoned her when Star was in trouble, so that is also in question. This is why I'm not going to ship anyone yet. There is too much intentional fluidity and uncertainty, with hints being thrown around of everything being possible. 

Need more Star, must keep watching :)

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Having a hard time with Season 3 so far. It's just not very interesting to me with the teen character drama which was on the back burner of Season 2 becoming much of the main plot so far and simultaneously a drought of the general whimsy from the show

Eclipsa related plot is promising, and I hope they just dive into that soon.

• Brohoof 1

Watched the whole thing. To say the least, I'm disappointed.

Pony Head was present more than MARCO, Marco somehow devolved as a character, and all of the episodes were filler. They had so much to work with, but they literally gave us filler. I hope this trend doesn't continue, because if it does, we lost one of the best modern cartoons, because it turned from amazing into tween girl and shipper pandering garbage with nothing really there.

In general, this episode bomb gets a 6/10 from me. It was actually pretty mediocre in my mind, and I hope there are better episodes coming soon, because if not I'm going to completely lose my faith in the show from this point on.

Edited by Nerdy Luigi
Finally finished. I was interrupted by my dad watching Star Trek: the Next Generation.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...