Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zoop

I know such a thing is totally unheard of and will mostly result in lot of tears and outcries of unfairness not to mention lot of broken hearts and minds.

But it Might. Just. Work.

We have one, but people stopped using it. :)

http://mlpforums.com/topic/167-general-chat-thread/

Day one thread. Post away!

Ah the nostalgia. I remember it like it was yesterday. We hit 500 members,

I miss my golden name in that picture. :)

• Brohoof 3

-Nobody Cares about glitches

-What makes it easier to handle. Is not like you cant ban users from accesing the chat.

-And how is having LESS people in is a bad thing???

The only valid point there is deleting the innapropiates messages.Still, is not enough to delete the chat.

Forums 101: Telling the mods and admin what valid points are? Not the best plan.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Aw, dang.

Oh well, Mods are teh bosses round heir.

I understand why you guys needed to shut it down. But this same thing happened at another forum I was at. Except it was a live shout box.

But, when they took it down, they made a whole other section called a Spam Pit under the chat center.

Post count didn't increase there, but you could also put spammy threads in there without breaking the rules.

Just an idea, you know?

I like Spam Pits.

Edited by Croaks

To be honest, I did like the chat, but at the same time, I never really got a chance to participate in it because of some of the other conversations that were occurring at the time. I often wanted to have some conversations about MLP, but I was normally on late at night, and most of the conversations at that time were random, so I generally stayed out of them. IT was a good place to get quick answers to pony related questions though without wasting a new forum thread on it.

-Nobody Cares about glitches

-What makes it easier to handle. Is not like you cant ban users from accesing the chat.

-And how is having LESS people in is a bad thing???

The only valid point there is deleting the innapropiates messages.Still, is not enough to delete the chat.

Countless users have complained about the glitches. Just because you don't care, does not mean that everypony else doesn't. This thread existed for a reason.

One day, I recall there were about 30 users in the chat. Instantly, insanity and chaos were in every direction. It was moving too quickly for us to get all of the users causing the problems, plus various scrolling bugs and other things. I had to leave because I was so overwhelmed. The chat was impossible to moderate because even though we had these tools, it could not be modified to make our job easier. It moved too fast and its glitches makes even kicking/banning people difficult. Trying to kick a bunch of people in 30+? Not easy.

The chat lowered the quality of the site and scared away new members. MLP Forums strives first of all, as many have said, to be a good forum. We've already warned people, we took it down a first time and gave you guys a chance to improve your behavior. You did not. "But I was having fun! I wasn't doing anything wrong. Stop being so serious, Arylett!" Yes, spamming and roleplaying can be fun, but it is against the rules. We've given people countless chances and been extremely lenient, and this has been taken advantage of. That chat was bogging us down and it's for the good of the forums that it leaves.

Having less people in a chat is a good thing as well because, and I will say this again, MLP Forums exists because it's a forum. Not an live time chatroom. As well, it makes it easier for us to moderate users and a lot less chaos.

We acknowledge your opinion, and we know that some people are upset, but our decision was for the best. Sorry to see you go.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Most users on that topic would prefer to have a glitchy chat that no chat at all.

If a minority spams, that doesnt means everyone spams. The number f people who spammed in the chat was insignificant in comparison to the people who had civilized conversations on the chat. This doesnt hurt the people who spammed in the chat, its the complete opposite. Currently i have absolutely nothing to do here in the forums. I cant play Rp because my english sucks. I dont the money to buy TF 2 or a Minecraft Account. My devian art is not centered about MLP. I am a brony because the community and the fanfics. There are no serious topics about fanfics around the forum.The only thing that i could do was speak with others in the chatroom and speak about anything on the Everfree forest. Now my only interest is on there.

EDIT

Indeed, otherwise this website would be named MLP Chatroom not MLP Forums.

This haves to be one of the worst arguments i have heard in my life .-.

Edited by Felipe_9595

(edited)

The chat lowered the quality of the site and scared away new members.

The chat was a big incentive for me to join :/

Edited by bluetrace
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I am actually ok with this decision. I had the habit of parking myself in the chat at the end of some of my longer days. Sometimes I was able to have interesting conversations. Other times.... Well, things did become a bit random.

Frankly, I didn't really consider the presence of chat to be a major reason why I joined this site. I joined this site because it was a forum that was friendly and welcoming to new members. This is also the reason why I stayed.

As many others have already said numerous times, the chat was becoming a somewhat hostile environment. It was standing in complete opposition to the actual nature of this forum. The forum is friendly, organized, tidy, and sensible. The chat was questionable, random, messy, and only semi-coherent.

I completely support this decision.

Some people dont have the money to pay for games, cant play RP for limiations (A Language Barrier, for example), or cant draw. I used the chat everyday because it was a nice and a FAST way to speak with people and share they thoughts. I loved the chat.

Felipe, you should try the forum. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of discussion that you can get when you use more than a single line of text.

Also, you should not allow a perceived language barrier to keep you from participating in the discussions in this forum. You seem to be doing a good job of communicating your thoughts in this thread. I bet that if you tried to participate in the forum, you would find that you are able to do so with no problems whatsoever.

• Brohoof 4

Doesn't chat make most people on this forum famous? Like Vicke, Crispy, Veece, Doctor XFizzle, or Hinochi?

If so, then newfriends like me will never EVER fit in here. I juess I'll just remain as nothing but a newfriend forevermore.

R.I.P. Chat. Just as I was starting to become a regular.

"You remind Me of my father... I HATED my father!"

-(The Dark Knight) Joker

We're all going to hate you now. The chat was the only thing that made you... you.

Get out of here with your unique personality and intelligent opinions. The world doesn't need any of that.

What we need are more 5-minute members who spam on the message boards about how great *insert topic here* is.

Forget you. Now that chat is gone, nobody will accept you.

We'd all hate to see another great addition to the already wonderful forum threads.

Yeah.

... Get outta here.

You aren't a regular.

You aren't anything.

*Spits at hooves*

*Ahem*

YOU MUST BE SOME KIND OF STUPID TO THINK THAT AFTER *glances at profile info*116 Brohoofs, 338 Active Posts, and Donating to the site to keep THE FORUMS ALIIIIVE, WE'D GIVE TWO *Bad words here* ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT YOU WERE A CHATROOM PARTY-HARD!

Pfft, Newbie. (Like and subscribe, yeah? And leave a comment about your opinions below, yeah? And HURRRR HURRRR HURRRR)

But yeah, that's what's up.

Well, I am actually ok with this decision. I had the habit of parking myself in the chat at the end of some of my longer days. Sometimes I was able to have interesting conversations. Other times.... Well, things did become a bit random.

Frankly, I didn't really consider the presence of chat to be a major reason why I joined this site. I joined this site because it was a forum that was friendly and welcoming to new members. This is also the reason why I stayed.

As many others have already said numerous times, the chat was becoming a somewhat hostile environment. It was standing in complete opposition to the actual nature of this forum. The forum is friendly, organized, tidy, and sensible. The chat was questionable, random, messy, and only semi-coherent.

I completely support this decision.

Felipe, you should try the forum. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of discussion that you can get when you use more than a single line of text.

Also, you should not allow a perceived language barrier to keep you from participating in the discussions in this forum. You seem to be doing a good job of communicating your thoughts in this thread. I bet that if you tried to participate in the forum, you would find that you are able to do so with no problems whatsoever.

I do participate in the forums.Thanks.

WHY DO WE STILL HAVE THE CHAT BUTTON IF THERE'S NO CHATROOM?!?! Your going to confuse new users... :blink: (just saying)

WHY DO WE STILL HAVE THE CHAT BUTTON IF THERE'S NO CHATROOM?!?! Your going to confuse new users... :blink: (just saying)

To spread the word - people click it, they get the scoop on what's going on. The button will be removed after a while. :)

• Brohoof 1

This haves to be one of the worst arguments i have heard in my life .-.

I'm sorry if you greatly enjoyed the chat, but this site's 1st and main priority is the forums, not the chat. If the chatroom was the end all be all and THE focus of the site, this wouldn't have happened.