Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What is Starlight Glimmer going to be?

Pastel

Starlight Glimmer's future  

27 users have voted

1. 1. What is Starlight Glimmer going to be?

• A villain until the very end
    • A protagonist
  2. 2. When will she come back?

• In only one episode before the season 5 finale
    • In the season 5 finale
    • Season 6+
    • In several episodes throughout season 5 (reoccurring villain)

(edited)

After seeing the season 5 premiere, what do you think is Starlight Glimmer going to be? A villain until the very end or a protagonist? And when do you think will this happen?

I don't know why but I don't think she's completely evil, I can see her becoming a protagonist and a friend of the mane 6.

What do you think?

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 3

I think she will come back tru entire season not just one or two episodes :)

ps

wanted to say it because you didn't give us option to say it :)

I didn't think of the idea of a recurring villain, I added it, thank you. :)

I have a feeling she will be back and of course there is also the matter of those items Twilight mentioned which may suggest a possible connection.

I'm going with other. I hope she comes back in an episode before the finale but in that episode she runs into a pony who is impressed by her ability and want her to help them "change all of Equestria"

*cue ominous evil music*

basically she becomes a part of the finale villain's team

I'm thinking a pony version of Sunset Shimmer. I think her name is a clue. "Starlight Glimmer" sounds awfully familiar. I would not be surprised in the least if she is reformed at some point.  

I'm betting she is not the ultimate villain of this story. She said "When the rest of Equestria sees that a princess gave up her cutie mark to join us, they'll finally understand what we're trying to accomplish."

Now I may be reading into that one collective word too much but I think it might mean she is working for/with somebody else.       

(edited)

Reposting what I said in the episode discussion,

I'm actually convinced that Starlight never believed her own philosiphy. The theme for the season is Cutie Mark Magic. This leads me to believe she had an ulterior motive for collecting cutie marks and the village and equality philosiphy was just a cover to placate the ponies she stole from. During the scene in her cottage with the Mane 6's cutie marks she seemed expecially interested in twilights. Its pretty clear she's studied cutie marks extensively if she could develop a spell to forcefully remove them, she must know something we don't.

I'm convinced she'll be the main villain for the season, though I'm unsure if she'll be redeemed in the end. Possibly it will end with her imprisoned or (wishful thinking) her own cutie mark being stolen by her own backfiring spell.

Edited by GrifCannon
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I feel like we are going to see her again but weather or no it is just in the season finale I am not sure yet.

I would love to see Starlight Glimmer be a reoccurring antagonist as I feel like there can be more done for her character and I would enjoy seeing her in multiple episodes spanning out through the season, finally culminating in the season finale.

Seeing how the season is cutie mark magic based and their is likely to be a season long arc, and Starlight's ended on an open ended note I think that she could likely be a reoccurring villain/obstacle that the mane 6 have to deal with during the season.  But if not then I would be surprised if she didn't appear in the season finale at least.

Edited by cmarston1

I'm positive she'll appear at least one more time this season, but I'm hoping she'll be more of a recurring villain. And that she stays a villain. I'm tired of all the reformations in MLP, some ponies need to say evil. >_>

Something tells me that she'll be a sporadically reoccurring villain for some instance, and for now I am not anticipating her as becoming reformed.

She was REALLY interesting, and I want to see more of her!

• Brohoof 1

She may be an antagonist for a while, but she will ultimately be reformed.  Twilight says "We just have to hope that when she's had a chance to think it over, she realizes that you all have taught her something."

That's foreshadowing.

• Brohoof 2

I'd say she'll be back for another round at the seasons end, if the previous seasons are anything to go by they tend to keep the episodes' stories self-contained. Asides from the map giving them the excuse to visit new places I don't see them changing that now. But who knows, this seasons already feels a whole lot different, and Starlight's an open book despite managing to really grab my attention. I'll be happy whenever she returns.

I think that it is possible that the only reason she escaped is that this way, she was not forced to do a last minute redemption of sorts or to avoid her being arrested or something like that. But I'm hoping that we'll see more of her.

What is with these ponies and magical blasts now? I think that's the first time a pony actively tried to hurt another pony with a "magical laser". Before, her anger when her plan fell apart was just perfect for an unrepentant recurring villain, though.

(edited)
During the scene in her cottage with the Mane 6's cutie marks she seemed expecially interested in twilights.

She said early on that she wanted to send a message to the world that Twilight, an alicorn princess, agreed to her ideology and gave up her talent. Having Starlight sincerely believe in her ideology is already good enough as a compelling story. Giving her an ulterior motive would just ruin it.

I think she'll reappear in the finale, but I wouldn't mind seeing her as a reoccurring villain.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 1

I think Starlight will be a villain for a while longer. She may relent and learn the true meaning of friendship at the very end, or maybe she'll stay this way forever. Either way, she fascinates me. I can't wait to see more of her.  :)

I don't know if she buys into her own philosophy 100%, but if she really believes she's doing the right thing, that just makes her interesting on a different level from any of the other villains.