Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is FiMFiction down for anyone else?

nurd

I'm worried you've got a point. EQD went down several minutes ago on my end. isitdownrightnow.com is showing it's still up and accessible, but even though my computer is reaching the server, no response is coming back.

EQD is working fine for me. I just voted for Lyra as "Which Background Pony Do You Want to hear with Major Speaking Lines The Most?"  :) 

Counter DDoS from our friends at 4chan anyone?

Nah, I don't condone stooping to his level.

• Brohoof 2

Considering FiMfic literally has no quality standards beyond "it's tagged correctly, has MLP characters within the first chapter submitted, and is somewhat legible", I don't even want to KNOW how bad his work was for them to reject it. 

• Brohoof 3

EQD is working fine for me. I just voted for Lyra as "Which Background Pony Do You Want to hear with Major Speaking Lines The Most?"  :) 

Nah, I don't condone stooping to his level.

mlfw3066-13297562259857.jpg

Oh well. It contradicted my policies anyways,

• Brohoof 1

I'm worried you've got a point. EQD went down several minutes ago on my end. isitdownrightnow.com is showing it's still up and accessible, but even though my computer is reaching the server, no response is coming back.

As of 11:11PM East coast time, EQD is up, although a bit slow. They report that it was a DDOS attack and FimFiction's data is safe. They say the site will be back one hundred percent.

(They stated it would be up tomorrow, but we'll see about that)

I feel better now!

EDIT: Yikes! I was multi-ninja'd while I went back to EQD to double check it was still there! 

Oh well!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 3

Sorry 'bout that!  :blush:  This is the part where I just need to wait until tomorrow before checking any sites like I promised myself I would.

Glad to hear it's been confirmed that it's just a DDOS attack. Definitely a huge relief.

• Brohoof 1

Considering FiMfic literally has no quality standards beyond "it's tagged correctly, has MLP characters within the first chapter submitted, and is somewhat legible", I don't even want to KNOW how bad his work was for them to reject it. 

I swear, if I ever met the chuckleheads who did this (most of whom I'm 10-1 certain range from the 13-15 range), I so would have this reaction:

I went on the twit's twitter posts (badum tsss) and now we have the stupid side of atheists who think only Christians and Muslims can be Nazis, holocaust deniers, bigots, anti homosexuals, people who think bronies are zoophile, people who think an unjustified DDoS is good and also people who think LOIC is hacking.

What has the internet come to...

Oh yeah, and this: https://twitter.com/keksec_org/status/588806452279713

You actually think Anon is interested in a small fanfic site when they are fighting Isis and North Korean propaganda now?

Either he's a real idiot or he thinks we're all so gullible. I think he's both.

Edited by Blitzkrieg

If that imbecile wants to keep incriminating himself than be my guest, I am sure the cops will find it hilarious.

Breaking news: cops arrest 10 year old kid for using third party program to bring down fanfic site during 4 hours. No fucks were given.

Counter DDoS from our friends at 4chan anyone?

I really don't know if /mlp/ is baiting the rest of the fandom and I have not seen a post about planing a DDoS on FiMFiction

If yes, they got a big one!

It really is sad that they would waste their time attacking brony sites. I have a feeling this one is next.

It's sad and pathetic. It's a crime to hack websites and ddos them. It can give them jail time if caught. It's also funny that the kek guy openly admitted to hacking the site. Just a big smh moment... But honestly, it's sad. Some haters know better and stay out of the way while some be stupid and do such thing. They need to get a life.

Site is officially fully up and running again and safe to go back to!  Run, be free everypony, read and write fanfiction to your hearts content!  :muffins:

image.jpg

It really is sad that they would waste their time attacking brony sites. I have a feeling this one is next.

No, they have no connection to this site.  I think this was just an isolated incident.

• Brohoof 1

Site is officially fully up and running again and safe to go back to!  Run, be free everypony, read and write fanfiction to your hearts content!  :muffins:

img-3677483-1-image.jpg

No, they have no connection to this site.  I think this was just an isolated incident.

I think it's down again, at least I can't get to it and isitdown says its down.

I think it's down again, at least I can't get to it and isitdown says its down.

It's up just fine, but they've switched to a new IP address (a load balancing network), so if your browser or the DNS server you use still has the old IP address cached, you might not see it. Unfortunately most DNS servers cache this kind of data for quite a long time. (Probably around 24 hours — I won't go into details about exactly how this is controlled, etc.) So you may be for a long wait.

If you know how to edit your "hosts" or "hosts.txt" file, then you could try adding these lines to force your browser to access the site at the correct IP address:

104.20.7.209 www.fimfiction.net
104.20.8.209 static.fimfiction.net
But remember to remove it after a couple of days.

It's up just fine, but they've switched to a new IP address (a load balancing network), so if your browser or the DNS server you use still has the old IP address cached, you might not see it. Unfortunately most DNS servers cache this kind of data for quite a long time. (Probably around 24 hours — I won't go into details about exactly how this is controlled, etc.) So you may be for a long wait.

If you know how to edit your "hosts" or "hosts.txt" file, then you could try adding these lines to force your browser to access the site at the correct IP address:

104.20.7.209 www.fimfiction.net
104.20.8.209 static.fimfiction.net
But remember to remove it after a couple of days.

I don't know how so I guess I'll have to wait hopdully it won't be to long.

Edit: NVM I got it up and running.

Edited by Rappy0

I went on the twit's twitter posts (badum tsss) and now we have the stupid side of atheists who think only Christians and Muslims can be Nazis, holocaust deniers, bigots, anti homosexuals, people who think bronies are zoophile, people who think an unjustified DDoS is good and also people who think LOIC is hacking.

What has the internet come to...

Oh yeah, and this: https://twitter.com/keksec_org/status/588806452279713

You actually think Anon is interested in a small fanfic site when they are fighting Isis and North Korean propaganda now?

Either he's a real idiot or he thinks we're all so gullible. I think he's both.

no hes psychopath internet monster hacker alright. first he shut down FIMfiction now he talking nonsense about weird stuff! what the HECK! i mean really!? he gonna talk stuff like that!? he's mentally insane person

"KekSec"? Script kiddie can't even think up an original name?

Worry not, bronies. This little tosser's going to daycare in the morning, and they don't let him browse the internet unsupervised. FimFic will be back up shortly.

• Brohoof 1

"KekSec"? Script kiddie can't even think up an original name?

Worry not, bronies. This little tosser's going to daycare in the morning, and they don't let him browse the internet unsupervised. FimFic will be back up shortly.

fimfic is online now however 

and what the heck is KekSec? its like naming an account thought a dessert plate! and weird thing about this dude is he is really crazy and insane!

fimfic is online now however 

and what the heck is KekSec? its like naming an account thought a dessert plate! and weird thing about this dude is he is really crazy and insane!

Considering he and other of his supporters are asking for ransoms to get a site back by a DDoS attack he already claimed to have done and stopped during a few hours, giving time to fimfic's admins to build up defenses, I think he's not crazy, but just extremely stupid and ignorant about how the internet works.

And for the kek stuff, kek means lol for a certain group in world of warcraft.

Fimfic is up again, completely fine. 

Edited by Blitzkrieg