Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First days

Invincible

So, how's everyone likes handling their first days? Doesn't matter where - school, workplace etc. - you get there, you don't know anyone.

Do you shy away from people or make friends? Do you like welcomes? Do you take it easy or start working your butt off?

In my case, i'd say it depends. I only like to associate people who my gut feeling tells me they're fine. As for doing things, i like to make a steady gradual progress so i start early, including day one.

• Brohoof 3

Since it's college, I just go there, listen to the professors, and do my work. I'm not a social butterfly if you ask me. If people want to talk to me, then I'll talk to them and if I have to join a group, then I'll join a group. In other words, I wait for others to talk to me before I can talk.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

It's awkward, I am always really quite I mostly observe the very first day. but I am always glad to make new friends.  :)

Yes I know how cheesy that sounds but its true.  :okiedokielokie:

Edited by Natah_Pony
  • Brohoof 2

I'm not totally sure how I am the first day, but I'm actually gonna be starting orientation for my new job on Wednesday so I guess I'll see then lol.....

But I'm thinking I usually listen, do what I'm supposed to do and just observe as much as I can.

(edited)

I'm usually the anti-social or asocial (depending on your meaning of anti-social) aromantic asexual quiet person who rather not talk to anyone at all and silently ignore almost everyone that perfers books, movies, fandoms, video games, writing, and drawing over making friends or interactings with both guys and girls. Mostly because the vast majority of guys at my school are pretty immature and others I don't know since I don't talk to people minding my own business and I hate the vast majority of other girls especially in my grade so, so much. I actually almost consider more immature than boys our grade. Other girls I also don't know since being asocial.

I only talk on the first day if I have to like I'm asking a question for help and forced to talk like the teacher for example wants me to say a random fact about myself. Or I'll only talk if someone asks me to either do something or a simple question. I try to interact as little as possible and focus on the rest of the year. Then I spend the rest of the day going through school and trying to figure out where all my classrooms are, who do I know in each class whether they're my friends or not, see what teachers I have and if I've had them before, and such.

I mostly observe the place and focus on getting used to it and making good grades for the year and such.

Edited by GoldenGlintingPurple

I do a lot of observing-you'll see people falling into their groups and categories- it's then a lot easier to figure out who you're most likely to want to be friends with down the road.

Freak out and hide in the washroom for about 30 minutes first day of college, then get over it and put on a brave face. not too bad since then, just stay quiet and attempt to make ties within the first week

I'm usually the anti-social or asocial (depending on your meaning of anti-social) aromantic asexual quiet person who rather not talk to anyone at all and silently ignore almost everyone that perfers books, movies, fandoms, video games, writing, and drawing over making friends or interactings with both guys and girls. Mostly because the vast majority of guys at my school are pretty immature and others I don't know since I don't talk to people minding my own business and I hate the vast majority of other girls especially in my grade so, so much. I actually almost consider more immature than boys our grade. Other girls I also don't know since being asocial.

I only talk on the first day if I have to like I'm asking a question for help and forced to talk like the teacher for example wants me to say a random fact about myself. Or I'll only talk if someone asks me to either do something or a simple question. I try to interact as little as possible and focus on the rest of the year. Then I spend the rest of the day going through school and trying to figure out where all my classrooms are, who do I know in each class whether they're my friends or not, see what teachers I have and if I've had them before, and such.

I mostly observe the place and focus on getting used to it and making good grades for the year and such.

That is normally how I am.

If it was school, I shy away. I was too busy trying to learn the ropes, remain level headed and not be bored to make friends. At work, I was too busy, well, working. First day at first job I was too busy being taught how to do this and that, going from place to place on the site. First day, second job, I just stood beside the coworkers who showed me what to do for the day. 

First day at a convention, I'm too busy taking in the sights, experiences, rushing to panels & dealers halls, etc.

I'm not a really social person to begin with, if it isn't work or study related I just go off & do my own thing, regardless if I know anyone.

The first day of high school was rough for me.

I got lost and sat by myself at lunch.

"OMG, those people are looking at me! Why are they doing it? Gods save me!.." - my thoughts as I walk to my workplace/furthest corner of the room and hang out there doing what I am supposed to do/looking what everyone does, trying to not be spotted.

I stay quiet and don't really try hard to talk to people. Most people will come talk to me anyways because I'm new, and I'll usually end up making a few friends.