Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do You Remember Your First Day On The Forums?

Lucky Bolt

When and why did you join MLP forums? Do you remember the first day you did? 

I remember it was a rather boring afternoon for me on October 17th, 2016. I came across the forums before but decided I'd create an account just out of pure boredom. And I'm so glad I did! :D I met some pretty amazing people along the way. 

What about y'all? 

• Brohoof 11

I do. Most of my experience with social media, forums, and everything in-between had been very... cold, so to speak. I was genuinely surprised just how welcoming the other members were. :grin: From that moment forward, I had quite possibly one of the best experiences I have ever had in any community, and I will remember the Forums for years to come. I'll admit that my interest in the Forums has been suffering a lot as of lately, as well as my activity... but that's just life, really.

• Brohoof 7

A bit. It was a week or two after my 20th birthday and I wanted to reconnect with the MLP fanbase. Not to long before I rejoined, two forums I went on got taken down by the owners because of how hostile and shady the community became in its later days, so it was nice to find a place that was legitimately friendly and chill. 

• Brohoof 2

I remember making my welcoming plaza thread and being pretty nervous cuz I had never really joined any type of an internet forum before, let alone an MLP based one. I had been to the forums a couple times in the past just as a guest, but I finally decided I really wanted to become more active in the MLP community, I also really wanted to connect with the others who were also into MLP and this place seemed like a pretty neat place to do it. My reception was very welcoming and I couldn't be happier with all the people I've meet on here over nearly the year I've been on here :fluttershy:

While I'm not on as often as I was back in the heyday of the WPCC Lounge, I still like to come on here and post stuff while interacting with everyone I've meet. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon ;) 

• Brohoof 3

Not exactly. I don't remember much from back then. I only stayed around for a day or two afterwards and forgot about the place for 10 or so months. :sealed:

• Brohoof 6

On these forums, vaguely yes. I remember I joined up on an odd day and greeted peoples, then proceeded with finding the people I moved over with. On MLP related forums in general? No.

I do remember that the original thing that got me into MLP was a bet with my friend over a few beers that I wouldn't watch the show. I think. I'm not sure. It might be an elaborate lie I came up with to fool myself and I might have believed it somewhere on the way. But it might also be true. It's been 6 years after all...

• Brohoof 2

I think I do, actually! :D I told my sister about how I had started watching MLP (I was still embarrassed about that), then a few hours later I thought I wanted to talk with others about the show. :P I found this forum, decided to register (why not?) and made my first thread in the Welcoming Plaza. I expected one or two people to reply, but I was really surprised with the warm welcome I got (though that was only the beginning)! :yay: Then I made some posts about various things related to MLP. I think this all happened right after I had finished season 1. :)

• Brohoof 5

Surprisingly enough, i initially joined this forum for a research paper on social groups for my first college English class. :D i then used this forums as a source for an Anthropology paper. Over time, i got very active on the computer and on phone. So much so that my first semester of college didnt go so well for me. :| 

• Brohoof 3

You mean "the dumb days" ? Sure, I remember those: desperately trying to share my works and craving for even the slightly modest comment about them.
And playing the the "Forum Games" ' section.

Nothing changed really, but hey, I still like this place.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I remember that day! I joined the forums so I could contact a friend from the MLP Wiki (I had been active on the wiki for another year or so before joining MLPF).

I made my account late at night and sent him a PM. I also posted a status update saying that I was new and probably wouldn't be around much (which clearly didn't turn out to be the case seeing as I'm still here over 5 years later :D).

• Brohoof 3

I kind of remember it; the general atmosphere of the day at least. It was already quite warm for May and I was having some trouble with school. Even though I felt like I wasn't as interested in MLP as I used to be, my fascination with the series had come back and I was looking for an international pony community to join. I was instantly delighted by the neat layout on the site, and quite surprised by the amount of replies I received in my introduction thread.

Was a good day! :muffins:

What I do remember about my first day here (December 2011) was well, getting commended for presenting a drawn artwork of Fluttershy here on my welcome topic. I don't remember much though, it's been so long.

• Brohoof 1

Oooooooh the memories! Some parts of that day are fuzzy to remember, I do recall it being only two days after I started watching the show. At first when watching it I felt a bit awkward but I still enjoyed it. I then wanted to see if there was a forum dedicated to it all so I could feel more comfortable and connected to the fandom. A little search of 'MLP Forum' later and baboom, I found this place. I remember being nervous still, but I was very happy that I found a community for the show. ^-^ Finding these forums legit changed my life.

• Brohoof 5

I sort of remember. It was the first day of the new year, and I was just looking browsing around looking for a good MLP Forum to join. I was in need of something with which I could relieve all of the stress I had from the holidays. I made my welcome post probably way too long, just spewing out information like crazy. But everybody was very welcoming and helpful. If it weren't for the help I received early on, I probably wouldn't have made it this far.

• Brohoof 2

My first days were back in May of this year. I thought it would be a nice place or share my thoughts and ideas about the show and I was right. I was very nervous at first about expressing my thoughts but everyone here was very friendly and welcoming. I wish I could go back to those days when a lot of the friends that I made were still here. 

• Brohoof 3