Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Equestria Online [RP]

Shift

@@Shift, @@Guirdann,

Caramel, who had been silent, grumbled quietly as Equinox opened the bookshelf. She mimicked Nightingale in a high pitched voice. "'By the way, Cookie? I doubt you're a thief.' What a bugger," she grumbled, and sniggered at her own joke. "Bet I could make a better thief than her. Nice speech, by the way," she added approvingly to Goldilocks, who really was impressing her more and more.

"Alright, hope you're right," Caramel addressed Equinox now, and trotted unhesitatingly into the hallway.

@@Shift, @@Reaver,

"MY PHEROMONES REPLICA SHOULD HAVE WORKED BETTER, I NEED TO IMPROVE THEM."

Glod voice was still distorted. He sighed, it was like a crowd of millions echoes expressed thier disappointment at the same time.

"I GUESS YOU CAN ONLY GO SO FAR WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE MAGIC TO EMPOWER THE ORDER"

G.S trotted to his new friends woth his fish tank on his back. His resignation rapidly faded away.

"I WILL TALK LIKE THAT FOR A FEW HOURS. AND I'M SORRY BUT I'M ONLY ABLE TO SHOUT. I WAS WONDERING WHEN I'LL BE ABLE TO PUT THIS TO AN USE. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A POTION THAT ALLOW THE USER TO TALK EVERY LANGUAGES HE WANT, IN THE END IT MAKES ME SHOUT EVERY LANGUAGE EXISTING AT THE SAME TIME, EVEN VESPID THE CHANGELING'S LANGUAGE. AND IT'S QUITE DISTURBING FOR A CHANGELING SINCE IT USUALLY SPEAKS MULTIPLE LANGUAGES."

@

"I can read your thoughts Caliber... they're our allies I'm sure they will trust our plan... but in the mean time we do it their way... I doubt they're gonna want to risk their lives again for no gold... even if it does bring me back to life... just enjoy my power... don't get killed... and one last thing you might not like it though... remember when I said to kill anyone who tries taking the amulet... that applies to our friends as well... don't hesitate if it must be done... but don't do it unless it needs to be done" Snowflake's image fades back into the amulet Caliber is wearing

Lyriex had been silently tagging along behidn red the whole time. And was currently sitting down around them all, whilst some of them mined. He'd exhausted all of his rage, which was basically his mana in a different form, and it had brung him to the point of exhaustion, and when a pack of wolves attacked them out of nowhere. He lazily stood and threw one of his daggers at them.

@@Snowflake Frostflame

"oh, i KNOW that already." caliber said, shrugging. "like i said, dont worry. ill get your body back man."

he grinned. "and i must say, having legendary ice magic is pretty sweet. im gonna be known as the ice-swordspony."

he grinned wider. "so dont ya worry!! ill be sure to revive ya!"

@@Little Red,

Rush shrugged and charged the wolves head-on, ever eager for a chance to hit something. He struck wildly and would probably be just as much danger to any ally close to him as he was to the wolves. But that's what happened when he felt like letting loose.

((Sorry to have been gone so long everyone. Site hasn't been working very well for me, and I've been busy with my new girlfriend. I actually almost dropped out, but I couldn't just leave you guys. It goes against my code of honor or something.))

• Brohoof 1

Red and Rush (and sort of Lyriex) seemed to have scared off the pack of wolves quickly enough.

"Well, that was easy," Red said, shrugging. She turned away, back to Lunara, going to her side.

"Almost done?" She asked. It had been a number of minutes-- or she thought it had, it was hard to tell time when fighting.

@@Guirdann,@@Reaver,  

Equinox grinned at G.S. "Yeah buddy, I was a little worried for you there... your voice is enough to make the Royal Canterlot Voice look like a whisper in comparison!" She laughed, before perking up. "Oh good, this long descent is almost done."

Equinox and co. headed into a small, circular room that seemed to be far underground. The room looks ancient, with a rusted gold structure making it out. Pink water that glows with a magical light appears to be flowing through the cracks of the room. A golden pedestal is in the center, a pink, glass-like orb on top of it. Equinox looked back at her companions for a go-ahead, and despite the fact she didn't see one, she jumped up to the pedestal and grabbed the orb. After admiring it for a few seconds, it began to glow.

"What the-" Equinox yelped, almost dropping it. A pop-up appeared in the center of the room, above the pedestal which the orb was taken from.

[EQUINOX has obtained the TRANQUIL ORB! A mysterious orb that legends say is tied to the DESTINY OF THE WORLD, it's TRUE POWERS cannot be unlocked without the help of the other THREE ORBS! This pink orb gives a peaceful, serene vibe by just holding it, and was used in days long past as a wedding gift due to it's tendencies to form loving bonds between two ponies. It looks familiar somehow...

Only THREE MORE ORBS to go!]

"Well... er..." Equinox clicked out of the pop-up. "Seems rather anti-climatic, eh? Destiny of the world, what the hel-" Equinox again yelped as a crumbling was heard in front of her. She backed up slowly and almost screamed as a large beast destroyed half of the room's ground that the trio wasn't standing on. It appeared to be a massive Wendigo-hydra, all four heads growling as it's wistful, ghost-like shape flowed throughout the room, its massive wings looming over the trio. Speaking of the room, the temperature went down considerably due to the aura of the hydra. A spiked tail curled around the edges of the room, causing the walls and floor to freeze wherever it touched. Also, the trio's emotions seemed to stem and go on the negative.

The hydra appeared to regard the room passively before looking at the pedestal in the middle of the room, eyes wide. It turned its head towards the three ponies, looked at the orb and all four heads let off a shriek, and began charging up an ice attack.

A boss health bar appeared above it, and it's name appeared in text under it. 

GUARDIAN OF LOVE

GLACIEM

Glaciem released an ice attack, causing Equinox to yell quite loudly, throw the Tranquil Orb in her inventory, and narrowly dodge the beam. She took out her daggers and looked at her companions. "Alright gang, boss time!" She shouted, as all four heads started to charge up another four ice beams.

• Brohoof 1

Red and Rush (and sort of Lyriex) seemed to have scared off the pack of wolves quickly enough.

"Well, that was easy," Red said, shrugging. She turned away, back to Lunara, going to her side.

"Almost done?" She asked. It had been a number of minutes-- or she thought it had, it was hard to tell time when fighting.

Lunara had just placed the last of the ore in her bag. She also got a number of Good quality gems too. "Just need the leather now." She begins collecting the leather from the wolves they already defeated. She grins. "Nice 10 scraps of 30."

((hope you don't mind, am begining a minor boss of my own. That spawn I wanted earlier.))

Not to far away a terrifying sound can be heard getting closer. "Good, about time he showed up. I was hoping he would spawn today." Lunara draws her sabers. Final use before sabers break.

caliber listened to the sound coming closer. "i hope none of us dies. again." he said, almost annoyed. "lets do this."

he had no more dragon force potions...he'll have to settle for an ice buff. 

casting a spell that shrouded himself in a hazy mist, he waited for the monster to come.

@, @@Little Red,

Lyriex pulled out a large cask filled with a glowing red liquid. It was an extremely rare Fury Elixir, and he had been extremely reluctant to use it, but now was an emergency.

"Red, Caliber, I need you both to control me after I drink this," he spoke, tapping the cask with his hoof. "as soon as I do, my mind will be clouded by a certain thing known as "Fury", it's basically like MANA to me, except if I have too much of this stuff, it can spin me out of control. Once I drink this, the Lyriex you see now will dissapear before your eyes, I won't know any of you, and I'll most likely try to kill you if this monster is killed before my Fury runs out. So if that does happen, I'm counting on you two to keep me from killing you all. Maybe some kind of cage will keep me in check, if any of you have a way to build a magic cage, use it. My Fury runs out insanely fast during a fight, but out of combat, it can take hours for it to fully leave my soul. Don't let me hurt any of you, if I do I won't ever forgive myself."

He drunk the whole thing, without a word from the others. He smashed the cask when he was done, and he was growling before he knew it, as his personality was split and his eyes turned red. His mouth began to froth and he galloped full speed ahead at the noise coming from the boss.

(OOC: Lyriex's mana isn't mana, but it's something that works like it, but called fury, and can change one's personality. I thought I'd spice things up instead of another boring boss battle, lets say the miniboss is killed before Lyriex's fury runs out, and we have a few problems, should make things interesting! Hope you guys don't mind (:, just remember, he won't remember any of you until his fury is gone, and he needs to be controlled.)

• Brohoof 1

@@Shift, @@Guirdann

"That does not look like a Guardian of Love." Caramel said loudly, eying the boss. "Right, that thing looks like a hydra. I've heard you can't target the heads unless you can chop them all off at once, cause otherwise--DEAR SWEET LUNA." she gasped as the ice beam nearly hit Equinox (and herself). She began speaking much faster. "They grow more heads." An idea struck her. "But, even though we can't hit the heads necessarily..." She began shooting arrows very quickly at the hydra's eyes, in an attempt to blind it. While this would likely cause a rampage, Caramel wasn't sure how many more deadly accurate ice beams they could take.

(edited)

@@Shift, @@Reaver

"HOW IN TARTARUS CAN A HYDRA HOST A WENDIGO!!?"

Gold instantly backed away when he saw the beast. A pale skin, slender feature, this frost aura and the feral attitude.

-Gold remembered one of his conference. Somepony pushed a box inside the room and opened it. A tied up pony was inside.

Gold began his lesson:

This is a wendigo: an evil spirit which take over pony suffering from unger pushing them to eat meat.-

G.S ran ot the end of the room, even a little shot off ice could kill him.

-It's the worst kind of death, going in a trip inside a forest with your family, losing them, being lost alone and ungry and when finaly the grasp of death will relieve you from your suffering, you stand up in the cold looking for something. You don't know what it is but you want it, you need it.-

He looked over his shoulder to see the ora approaching him and his tank-fish slowly began to froze.

-And then come the realisation, when you finally found somepony, a pony that want to help you, to save you. You realize with horror that you crave for meat, thier blood; and the more you love them the more they will be delicious.

There is a lot of way to separate a wendigo from its host but none to save him.-

Gold looked through his bags.

Silver will sever the link as well as alicorn tears and moon salt, it will force the spirit outside the body, but with the insane regenerative power of an hydra it's impossible to use them, we can't also use a ritual nor spell. We need to kill this parasite, to burn it.

" WE NEED TO BURN ITS HEART. TRY TO RIP OUT AND BRING IT TO ME, I'LL USE THERMITE TO MELT IT"

- There is one story of a Saddle Arabian Princess who resisted the unger because her love for her suitor was too strong.-

An ice beam nearly touched G.S but the explosion blast projected him to a wall stunning him. Thankfully his bags took most off the shock and he had the time take his aquarium in his hooves to protect it. But the attack took him 75% off his life.

- The wendigo which hosted her became enraged after realizing it could not eat. It riped through and dived inside the stallion. The poor Princess lived just enough time to see her lover feasting on her pregnant body.-

"EQUINOX... THE GLYPH.."

Gold painfully said. You could still hear the strain in his voice through the enchantment.

-Some will say that wendigo are spirit that are created by the cupidity of ponies, or that his a curse for the ones that eat sapiens meat. But I have a theory, for me the wendigowak are vengeful spirits that punish the ponies who did not save it host from famine, because magical justice is always unfair and barbaric.-

Edited by Guirdann

@,

"I got your back!" Red called to Lyriex, and charged with him, a little unnerved by the sudden transformation.

The miniboss burst out of the brush, roaring. It was big-- maybe five or six times her size. It had giant claws and the cogs that made up it's body were turning wildly, releasing not only a ton of noise but some sparks.

Perhaps it also uses lightning magic, Red mused, pulling out her sword. She jumped up and slashed at it's shoulder, but nothing happened except for the release of more sparks. It lifted a giant paw and slapped at her, but she dodged, kicking it's shoulder and back-flipping away.

I'm at a disadvantage due to my sword, she thought. It has a few vulnerable points between the cogs that make up it's body, and it's eyes seem vulnerable, too, but it's going to be hard to get there. I'm going to need to stab, and my fighting style isn't made to stab things. Lunara will have the most luck with this since she uses magic. Damn, if Snowflake were here, this would be easier.

The boss had charged Lyriex now, slapping at him with a giant clockwork paw. She rushed forward and attempted to strike in a vulnerable point in the back leg, but the cogs that made the leg abruptly started turning very quickly, practically consuming the leg in lightning magic. She was forced to dodge back once more.

This was looking to be a hard miniboss...

Lunara grins. "Clockwork beast. Now you will give me what I need to advance."

She charges forward as two of the wolves with it try to converge on her. She spins slashing them both. She used their own momentum to deal more then normal damage. The wolves begging weaker then the boss fall easily as Lunara seems to be going for the boss. "Kill the clockwork quickly. The wolves around it are adds that spawn with it. I need the scraps so please help me kill 20 of the wolves."

(minor control of mini-boss)

The clockwork wolf howls and 2 more wolves come from the forest around. 6 wolves in all are with it. And it seems to call when so many of them fall.

• Brohoof 1

@@Guirdann, @@Shift,

Caramel had hit a few of it's eyes, doing some damage to the beast, but at this point, it was moving too much for her to shoot the eyes at this point. When Goldilocks told them his idea, she said, "How am I supposed to--okay, buck this," switching weapons to her throwing knives. Not that they would be used for throwing, if all went right, and she was able to rip out it's heart, as Goldilocks had asked of her.

Dodging several ice beams from one of it's heads, she ducked under the towering hydra and stabbed one of it's legs, using the knife (which did next to no damage against the hydra) to bring herself up. She had almost reached the bottom of it's ribcage when it managed to shake her off and hit her directly with an ice beam. Caramel howled as her her health dropped below half, and a status condition ("FROZEN") didn't allow her to move. "Buck me! Buck everything!" she cried furiously, struggling weakly. She realized she could still draw her bow, and did.

"Equinox! Do you have a tinderbox?" Caramel cried, eying the heads as she downed a health potion. Goldilocks had said he needed to burn the heart. If she could set her arrow on fire again, she could shoot it--she thought she could see where it's heart was as she eyed it the beast.

@@Reaver, @@Guirdann,

"Yeah, I have my gly-" Equinox shreiked as she dodged an ice beam and rolled under an ice spike. She suddenly heard a loud howl and a string of swears coming from her left, and snapped her head to see Caramel, frozen waist down. However, she was drawing her bow, and was shouting for a tinderbox.

"I-I...well..." Equinox shouted, before an idea jumped into her head. "Oh wait, I have the glyph!" She giggled a bit, but then yelled in pain as she got hit by a stray ice bolt, numbing her bottom left hoof. "Damn it all.." She gurmbled before running towards Caramel as fast as she can. She dodged an ice spike, jumped, and used her glyph to light Caramel's arrow.

"Shoot it's heart, alright?!" Equinox almost screamed as she danced away from an ice shot. "It's heart'll burn up, and then we can have a clear final shot!"

Meanwhile, Glaciem (the boss!) shook off the damage it was getting, not seeming to notice Caramel's lightened arrow. Glaciem's heads all started to shoot a frenzy of ice beams everywhere, getting desperate and annoyed that the enemies didn't die yet.

@@Shift, @@Guirdann,

"LET'S GO!" Caramel screamed, aware of the freezing effect beginning to die--just in time, too, as it seemed to have been a mistake to shout quite that loudly. One of the hydra's heads turned towards her. An ice beam began charging.

She shot the arrow, and it sailed towards the hydra's chest--spot on, as always. Well, not always, just most of the time--buck, dodge, dodge, "DODGE!!" she howled aloud, pushing Equinox nearby away from the ice beam in her attempts to avoid the ice beam herself. Well, that worked. She turned to look at what had happened to the hydra.

(AND THAT'S IT. LAME CLIFFHANGER, FOLKS. STAY TUNED FOR MORE AFTER SHIFT'S NEXT POST. :squee: )

• Brohoof 1

@@Reaver,@@Guirdann,

Equinox yelped as she got pushed to the side, norrowly dodging an ice beam via Caramel. She looked up at Caramel, somewhat surprised that she'd saved her from a ice beam that could've very well been fatal, due to her, um, very lackluster defense. She smiled a little bit at Caramel. "Thanks for the save." Equinox murmured, then looked at the hydra.

The arrow hit Glaciem straight in the chest, right at the heart. Immediatly, Glaciem let out a loud howl, and its health bar decresed at a rapid pace, only a little sliver of HP left. Glaciem's weak point, its heart, was exposed completely now, regenerating its damage from the fire arrow, but very slowly. Only more blow was needed to fell the hydra!

...of course, Glaciem, wasn't going to let THAT happen. It screamed, and started to trash its tail around, and caused some sharp ice stalactites to fall down onto the ground. A small tremor was going throughout the room, and was most likely being felt on the surface, too.

Equinox jumped at the tremor and attempted to grasp something, the nearest object being a small ice stalagmite. She began to duck her head, narrowly avoiding the ice tail that was being whipped around the room. She didn't dare to aim for the weak point; she didn't have any long-ranged weapons on her, and her defense/health was too lackluster to risk a close-combat blow. 

@@Shift, @@Guirdann

"Luna's silver--" Caramel was cut off as a very large, very sharp ice stalactite nearly hit her. She dodged barely--she couldn't afford to get hit by one of those. Her HP was low enough already. "Celestia's bucking--" She dodged an ice beam.

Quickly notching an arrow, she aimed at the hydra's heart again and shot. This had absolutely no effect as the rampaging hydra easily avoided the arrow. "HEY! GOLDILOCKS!" she howled at the pony, who was suffering worse than she was at the moment in terms of health. "GOT THE HEART! NOW WOULD BE A GREAT TIME TO DO WHATEVER THE HAY--" Ice beam. Dodge. Shoot the arrow. Dammit. Stay still, bucking monster!

An idea struck her. She aimed an arrow high, above the hydra, at a stalactite perched dangerously above it's head, shaking with the room, just waiting to fall. She shot the arrow.  It hit the stalactite sharply, and the great piece of ice fell directly onto the hydra's protected head. While this did little to no damage, even considering the hydra's low HP, it did stun the monster for a moment. "NOW! Somepony, finish it!" she cried to her teammates.

(edited)

@@Shift, @@Reaver

Gold slowly came to his senses. Everything was cold around him. He looked to his tank-fish between his hooves and only saw a ball of ice.

"I got the heart" he heard a pony say. Why does that seemed important

Oh right the wendigo.

G.S slowly got up and threw his saddlebags before him, potions were shattered and some of the fabric was dissolving. He took two bags that were clean and thier contents in another bag. The two bags were labeled "aluminum" and "oxide de fer III". Gold shock violently the bag as the silver and red powder mixed together.

Now what do I do.

He looked toward the fight: the hydra was in a bad shape and had a bruise to the chest that led to it heart. It was slowly healing. Caramel was perty beaten up too, and Equinox seemed a bit lost. Gold looked back to his bags and spoted a bloody red potion.

FURY POTION LVL4, well better than nothing.

G.S grabbed the phosphor bomb he made for the last fight and shouted,"CLOSE YOUR EYES AND STOP BREATHING", before throwing the bomb at the hydra. Moreover, he drank the potion in one shot. He then picked up the bag and his lighter.

When the bomd touched the ground a white flash exploded in the room. And a big cloud of smoke blinded everything. All stood still for a second before the scream of a pony and the sound of gallop echoed throughout the cave. After ten seconds a bright flame erupted from where the hydra was standing. The room quickly cleared up as the flame consumed the white fog.

Gold was standing next to the hydra, panting, a mix of fury and exhaustion on his face. The hydra was convulsing on the ground as a blizzard escaped the gaping wound on the chest.The room, heated by the recent ignition, began to freeze again. The white wind and snow took roughly the form of a pony and observed the room. When it took notice of Gold it rushed to him and entered his body. He collapsed and began to shake. "SO COLD..." He said, "YET... SO HUNGRY!!!"

Edited by Guirdann

@@Guirdann,@@Reaver,

As the bomb was thrown towards the hydra, Equinox heeded G.S's warnings and stopped breathing for a few seconds as the bomb went off. Equinox looked back after the explosion and saw the hydra's health at zero, its body going completely limp, and disintergating.

Glaciem let out a little whimper as its body fully distintergrated, dropping three weapons as loot. Equinox huffed in relief and hurried over to where Glaciem was, not before getting the note that she leveled up a few times. She squeed a bit and put some points into agility and dexterity, but then ran towards the loot that Glaciem dropped.

Equinox slipped the money that Glaciem dropped into her pocket, hopefully not to the notice of Caramel or G.S. She needs her cash, man! She then looked at the three weapons Glaciem dropped. They were ice weapons; a pair of icicle daggers, a bow made of ice (that came with icicles as arrows), and some kind of book filled with ice glyphs and spells. 

She took the daggers, threw the bow and arrows to Caramel, and the book to G.S. The daggers appeared to have much more power than her current ones, which was good, since she's been meaning to replace them. Surprisingly, they didn't feel cool to the touch, but appeared to have some kind of ice magical coating that caused frostbite whenever the dagger touched someone the user meant harm to.

"Well... that's over." Equinox grunted. "Why don't you check out your new, icy weapons and then we can see where the rest of the guild ran off to? Oh, yeah, G.S., you're going to love our guild. They're full of awesome people, last I checked they're near the front lines..."

@@Shift, @@Guirdann,

"Oh, these are nice," Caramel said, holding the bow in her magic and whistling. "So much better than the other one. A little heavy, but..." she shrugged, and listened to Equinox--her gaze, though, was caught by Goldilocks, still on the ground. "Er, hey, Mine Glorious Leader--do you think Goldilocks here is alright?" she asked Equinox, trotting over to the fallen pony. She thought back to the fight. "When the hydra died, I thought I saw the snow doing something strange around him--but his health's not dropping yet, so that's good. Hey, Goldilocks, you there, bud?" she asked him.

@@Shift, @@Reaver

Gold was pale, practically white. Fury could be seen burning in his now red eyes.

He slowly began to walk toward them.

-I want to eat them, to feast on their body-

His coat instantly went back to his normal brownish color and his face wore a totally shocked expression. Apparently revolted off his thoughts, he exclaimed:"NO! NO! NO! HOW CAN I THINK LIKE THAT! THAT'S NOT NORMAL!"

His fur slowly taint it self of a sickly tone and his stare bloodied again as he whisper through the enchantment on his voice: "LOOK AT THEM...", he breezed heavily, "...CAN'T YOU SEE THOSE MEATY BODY... THESE FLESHY FORM... AND JUICY FLAN..."

G.S cuts himself and gain normal appearance again.

"I HAVE VALUES MISTER! I MAY NOT ENTIRELY RESPECT THE FRENCH KNIGHTHOOD CODE! BUT I WILL NOT DISHONOR THOSE DEMOISELLE BY THESE LUSTFUL WORD AND LOOKS"

Gold mane pale again and a dumbfounded expression form itself on his face.

"... ERR... ERR... I WANTED TO SAVAGELY "KILL" THEM AND... ERR.. "TEAR" THEIR FLESH APART AND "EAT" THEM TO ONLY LET BONES TO THEIR FAMILY"

"OHH YOU ARE THE WENDIGO SPIRIT AREN'T YOU?"

" YES... AND NOW YOU WILL FEEL MY HUNG..."

"GOOD For you!! great, my voice. Now if you please, I have other mater to attend to. The others will give you a tour"

Now a perfectly normal Golden Star trot back to his belongings in front of the confuse looks of his friends.

Edited by Guirdann
  • Brohoof 1

@@Shift, @@Guirdann,

Caramel stared at Gold for a solid minute. "I... what just happened?" she asked blankly, then shook herself. "Never mind, I don't think I want to know. Just... you're not going to have a psychopathic break when you meet the rest of the guild, right, Goldilocks?" she asked uncertainly.