Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Equestria Online [RP]

Shift

Red tossed the knives back to Lyriex, not looking at him. Lyriex seemed very affected by it, poor pony. Or, maybe that was just the buff wearing off. She continued following Caliber, but frowned. He was... speaking..?

Apparently, Snow's death had hit him harder than she had initially thought. She would give him space for now, but if he continued talking to himself... he might go crazy. She didn't want to lose another ally...

"hmm... times really must have changed... I remember when my guild use to be on top.... but if we can find this necromancer maybe he'll help us.... or maybe he'll murder you and trap your soul in here with me to claim both of our powers.... as for real life yeah I'm pretty sure I'll be fine.... but didn't we have to sign a waiver before playing this new hardcore mode.... I think there is something the game makers weren't telling us.... I think if we die we might die in real life.... lucky me having my soul split into two so I'm not entirely dead" 

"or maybe its just a one-life type deal." caliber suggested, "we have no idea if we really die in real life, but hey. better safe then sorry,"

caliber grinned. "and hey, technically, my powers been doubled. im pretty sure im a brigade all on my own, now." he ginned. "i gotta say, iv never been good at magic. until now."

(edited)

Lunara was silent. She says, "Yall go back. I need to be alone. I am going to take a nap."

Lunara promptly faints from the use of her Monoshift. She reverts to normal. She lays there unconscious. In her dreams she was being forced to relive the loss of their friend snowflake. No matter what she tried she couldn't save him.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

@@Guirdann, @@Shift,

"So, our eleven member guild won't quite cut it, then," Caramel replied cheerfully to Gold's rather somber explanation as she opened up her map. "Oh, yeah, I see the quest icon you were talking about, Leader Equinox. Let's head there, yeah? We can see your glyphs in action against something other than insects!" She told Gold.

"Yeah, let's head there. Erp, one sec-" Equinox opened the guild chat to see Red's message. She rubbed her eyes a bit, not believing what she read. "Um, Caramel, G.S, Snowfale appar-apparently died. Caliber thinks he can bring him back... that's all I got." She shook away all forms of negative emotion immediately; she was a guildmaster! She couldn't show any weakness. "Let's go to the... er... house. It's apparently behind a hidden wall in the library if the bookshelf indicates anything."

Equinox started to head to the library. "I'm detecting three neutral players near the quest spot. I can't see their profiles, so that's fishy... maybe they glitched? Either way, be on guard. We need to get this treasure."

Red paused, glancing back. Lunara had fainted from overwork. She winced, torn. They were all too tired to carry her, and the area was relatively safe.

"You two go on ahead," she said to Lyriez and Rush, "I'll stay behind." She'd be damned if another of her allies died today. She sat down beside Lunara. "I have a teleport gem to level twenty. I'll teleport us there when it's done recharging and meet you wherever the guild is meeting next. It should be done recharging in two hours."

@@Shift, @@Guirdann,

"Oh, dear sweet Celestia," Caramel groaned. "Does the guild get deaths very often?" She frowned. "...fixable deaths? Okay then." She shrugged vaguely, frowning, unsure whether to take the news as a loss or not, and proceeded to trot after Equinox.

At Equinox's order to be wary, Caramel nodded curtly, prepping her bow. An idea struck her. "Hey, Goldilocks," she said, glancing at the other pony. "You added fire to my arrow when we were fighting that Swarm Monster thing. Think you can do it again? Is there any way I can do it myself?"

(edited)

@@Shift, @@Reaver,

"I can show you some glyphs but don't expect much because I only have one red glyph, one violet glyph, eighty green glyph and I used my black glyph."

Gold checked something inside his bags with one hoof and balanced his tank-fish on his other foreleg, without minding gravity.

"I can craft a blue glyph but I don't want to strain you Caramel"

G.S Tuner closed violently his bags and threw the aquarium on his head trying to look resolved but failing miserably.

"And I will NOT use my gems."

G.S turned to Caramel "For the arows they're easy to produce if you don't mind cheating the game a little. Just wrap a bit of cloth around the tip ad fat or alcohol and ignite it. They'll Brun but not explode, use them as a ranged lighter or anything you might think about but don't forget that it will not improve a lot you damage"

"And Caliber can revive someone is he a doctor, if I remember well thier legendary craft can revive peoples. I must meet him"

Edited by Guirdann

@@Little Red,@@Midnight_Aurora,

Rush shook his head. "If you're staying back here, I'll wait with you. Safety in numbers and all that. Plus, I'm not about to turn down some alone time with a couple of beautiful ladies. So you're stuck with me until you're ready to go back." He walked over to where Lunara had collapsed and sat down next to her. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Alex Kennedy,@@Midnight_Aurora,

"Neither am I, I wouldn't want to leave you with a creepy big guy." He chuckled.

He sat down next to them and rubbed his eyes. He was exhausted, no sleep and a whole day of boss fighting really wears you down. He lay back and shut his eyes. He was dozing but he didn't want to fall asleep too soon.

It was only 15 minutes before Lunara woke. She yawns and stretches befo re getting up. She looked herself over and asked the ponies near her, "Ok I want to make sure I didn't dream this. Did I turn into a Silver and Red being with a unique weapon?"

She waits for their response.

(edited)

@@Guirdann@@Reaver

"Caliber a... doctor?" Equinox said. "I'll have to see it to believe it. Seemed more like the monster killing type, if you ask me." Equinox stopped in front of the rickety library. A wooden sign was hanging from a pole, the words 'Silver Pine Library' branded on the sign in silver lettering. Equinox looked at G.S. and Caramel. 

"We're here, guys. Silver Pine Library." Equinox gurmbled. "The three neutral players are still there. Still can't get a read. So... who wants to go in first?"

--- MEANWHILE, INSIDE THE LIBRARY ---

"...is it open?" A voice mumbled.

"No! I don't have anything that can open it." A more feminine voice growled. "Would you shut up and let me do my work?"

"Uh, guys... I think somepony's here." A third, male voice whispered. "Outside? I-I heard a knock. Um... what should we do?"

"Are they are threat?" The feminine voice whispered back. The third voice shrugged in the darkness.  "Well, keep the lights off. It's for safety, if they do turn out to be a threat."

The first voice nodded and walked away, flapping his(?) wings.

OOC: These are the three neutral NPC. I'm not telling you anything about them yet other than two are guys and one is a girl and they're plot important. How? I honestly don't know yet i'm changing the plot as I go along because this a RP and you control the plot mostly.

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 1

"so then Caliber... should we wait with the rest of the party?.... we could use their help along side the others if we are going to resurrect me...." Snowflake appears in front of Caliber "or do you want to take our chances and confront him by ourselves... remember what I said... its possible he could try to kill you and steal your soul..."

@@Shift, @@Reaver,

Gold took the aquarium in his hoof and began to speek.

"Ok Bubble.. Let's think.."

he lit a match and went to the door.

"What do we know about them?"

G.S waved the match next to the lock and look behind the door.

"There is no key and no light inside, first possibility they wait just behind the door for an ambush. Second they can see in the dark or at least localize themselves by some means. The first assumption don't exclude the second."

"The door don't seam trapped"

Golden Star put his ear against the wall.

"I can hear someone speaking, and wings flapping, that allows me to think that they might be bat pony."

"They may be receptive to dialogue, but we can't be sure since there is a quest here and they kept the lights shut to protect themselves"

"Is there a timer to the quest?"

without even listening to the answers he continued.

"They might guard the loot or try to get it. But they are npc so it's more likely the first."

He took his bag and searched through them.

"They have the advantage and I don't want to damage the books, so no explosion or green glyph"

he turned to his tank-fish and whispered

"These stain horribly"

Gold went back to his bag moving things. Caramel, who hear that looked subconsciously if she did not have green stain on her body.

"Since they have wings they might hurt themselves with a confusion glyph."

He took a red bottle outside his bag and placed it back.

"The safer approach would be to blind them. And I might have enough to craft a phosphor bomb, but I would need someone to throw it for me since I could get one shot"

G.S put literally his head inside a little side pocket and got out with a sad look.

"I don't have anymore Dragon force potion"

Placing an empty bottle to the side he said:

"I could brew a perception elixir to get more information but that would take too much time"

Gold picked up his aquarium and a little pony shaped golden fish revealed it self.

"Yeah... You are right let's go with the phosphor bomb. So I need this.... That... This...."

@, @@Alex Kennedy,

Red grinned at them. The guild seemed to be sticking together more after Snow's death-- that was a pro, she supposed.

"Thank you two," she said, chuckling. Then she waited.

Around fifteen minutes later, Lunara woke up. Red smiled again, relieved. She'd thought it would take much longer.

"Ok I want to make sure I didn't dream this. Did I turn into a Silver and Red being with a unique weapon?"

Red blinked several times. "You dreamed it," she said, raising an eyebrow.

Lunara says, "I dreamed it? But it felt so real...We were fighting against Gandolf and he had attacked a friend. Then my mind went into overdrive as I said the word Monoshift. Also it felt like my flank was on fire for a bit."

She lifts her cloak to find a red and silver symbol for a cutiemark on her flank. The symbol is the same one that was behind her after her transformation.

(edited)

Red shook her head. "Perhaps you didn't dream it... I can't answer. It's all too fuzzy after Snowflake's death." Red was silent. She eyed Lunara's strange cutie mark. She remembered seeing something out of the corner of her eye-- something Lunara did in the fight. She shrugged, glancing at Rush and Lyriex.

Edited by Little Red

@@Guirdann, @@Shift,

"I don't think a bomb is the correct way to deal with neutral NPCs, unless I misheard you," Caramel told Goldilocks, a hint of sarcasm edging her voice. She glanced at Equinox. "I personally vote we sneak in there, see if they're hostile or not. I can do it--I have light hooves," she offered. "But you guys be ready to back me up. Like Goldilocks said, it's likely they're guarding the loot."

(edited)

@@Shift, @@Reaver,

Gold instantly turned to Caramel leaving his start of craft on the floor.

"Non non non, phosphor bomb don't hurt. They just make a big flash and a lot of bright smoke.It will blind them and if they use things like a natural sonar like bats. I can't remember how to say it. Anyway... It is just to surprise an incapacitate them. And remember there is no light that mean if you want to sneak on them they will see you but you won't see them and they will instantly see that we opened the door with the light from outside"

Edited by Guirdann

Rush nodded. "It... definitely did happen. I don't really know what it was, but it happened. It seemed pretty impressive, and I'm pretty sure that's why you passed out. So... yeah, that was real. Do you have any idea what it was? It would be pretty useful if you could learn to do it again."

@@Snowflake Frostflame

"...iv always been a lone traveler. both in this game and out. but..." he looked at the others. "ill...propose my idea to them tonight. they might not wanna go since, well, im asking them to have a guild war with the 7th strongest guild. id still go alone, though." he grinned. "anything for a friend, and i know you'd do the same for me."

@@Guirdann, @@Shift,

"Oh! Er--right," Caramel rubbed her bruised ego by physically running her hoof through her mane. "Alright--bomb it is," she said. "No sneaking. Thanks for pointing that out." She glanced at Equinox, prepping her bow again. "Tell us when, then," she said to the guild leader.

(edited)

@@Reaver@@Guirdann

"Alright. Let's go in." Equinox muttered, opening the door. She popped her head in, a bit worried and wary. She motioned for G.S. and Caramel to ready their weapons and head inside. She slowly tiptoed in, attempting to not make a sound.

--- Meanwhile ---

"Oh no oh no oh no oh no" The third voice muttered. "What should we do what should we do"

"Ambush them, you idiots!" The mare grumbled. "Distract them, taunt them, sneak attack 'em, whatever. Just don't let them interfere!"

"Alright... oh! Er, wait up, Descent!" The third voice yelped quietly, a rushing sound filling the air. 'Descent' grunted and started muttering to the third voice his 'plan' he made up on the spot.

The third voice nodded, and got into position. 'Descent' quietly started to advance towards the new visitor(s) that trotted into the library as softy as he could.

Edited by Shift

(edited)

@@Shift, @@Reaver,

"Oh I forgor" G.S whispered as he trotted to Equinox. He licked a paper and stuck it on her blade. "Be careful, fire burn".

"And I might have failed my craft so it will burn them too, well principaly thier lungs. But they don't seems organized because they should have attacked earlier. And last thing, never take me on a infiltration mission. I don't like blanks in conversations."

Decent and his acolyte had the three visitors surrounded. It had be easy to localize them since a lvl one noob was with them. The plan was to incapacitate the earth pony first: she was the most dangerous, An archer can't really do anything in an ambush.

Edited by Guirdann

Red shook her head. "Perhaps you didn't dream it... I can't answer. It's all too fuzzy after Snowflake's death." Red was silent. She eyed Lunara's strange cutie mark. She remembered seeing something out of the corner of her eye-- something Lunara did in the fight. She shrugged, glancing at Rush and Lyriex.

Rush nodded. "It... definitely did happen. I don't really know what it was, but it happened. It seemed pretty impressive, and I'm pretty sure that's why you passed out. So... yeah, that was real. Do you have any idea what it was? It would be pretty useful if you could learn to do it again."

Lunars says, I remember and old tale told to me by my mother. It was told to me a long with the passing of a special gem. First the gem in my armor is the same Gem, a Red Deamon Gem. The story goes as follows. Once when the world was young and the ponies weak, great beast worked with the ponies to help them build a better tomorrow. With the help of these beasts the craft knights were born. A very select few got a hold of a rare stone and feom this stone can a great power to fight. It didn't matter if you were Earth Pony, Unicorn or Pegasus, all of the select few could use the spell monoshift. Along with their beast these craft knights forged a path to a better tomorrow. Also with the help of these beasts the craft light could also use magic. I don't have a beast because the summoning rite was never fulfilled. I needed my cutiemark first. I am a very late bloomer."

She looks to the others. She then says, "If the story is true then I just became an edge fenser. One of the rare few who could use the spell monoshift."