Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

why cant i get back into the show :(

Redacted76447

so back when season one came out i watched it all watch animations and talked to my friends about the show i have a few brony friends i loved the show but no i try to watch and i get bored right away all i really do is role play and make art but i cant watch the show and i dont know why .....i still like music and some videos but the stuff i loved makes me bored so i fall out of the loop and it makes role playing hard ;~;

• Brohoof 2

Try looks the show the same way you did back then =), what were the things that interested you in the show then =)? if the elements are still there just connect the missing pieces and enjoy the happy ponies =) *hug =) :grin2:

• Brohoof 1

For me I felt like the show went through a bad patch last year and that actually made me leave this fandom for a bit over a year because I felt like the show wasn't that good enough anymore. I have also kind of gotten used to watching the show. Before I would be fanboying over every new episode that came out and that enthusisasm slowly withered away.

So far this season has been good though and even though I was out of the fandom for so long, I'm back in it but there was a period when you could no longer consider me to be a Brony. In fact, the real reason I came back is that I just wanted to see how MLPforums was going

• Brohoof 1

Sounds as though you're more into the fandom nowadays than you are into the show; I'm just the opposite.  Look for a reason to become invested in the show.  Allow yourself to become invested.  Approach an episode with a desire to enjoy it; expect to be entertained.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Some people find themselves more interested on the fandom, than the show itself. Some others take inspiration from the show, to give life and identity to their creations, without realizing that their interest isn't actually focused on the show, but on the amazing possibility for creativity and self-development that its open community offers.

Maybe mlp is more of a link for you, rather than the main destination. Nourishing your creativity.

I'm that particularly interested in the fandom or the show anymore. I just watch it for the sake of continuing what I started. I like it to an extent, but not as much as I use to. I think you've just outgrown it.

@@johsmen, I've been like that with many a fandom.  If you aren't into it anymore (I know this is heresy, but) you can quit.  (ok.  everypony, stop your horrified gasping and hyperventilating).

No, really, nobody will be angry with you or whatnot if you decide that you're not into it anymore.  Find other inspiration if this no longer inspires, forge your own path and think fondly on the days when, for reasons you can't quite recall, you liked MLP.

There are bound to be some episodes of the show you dislike or think are boring, but then there are great ones in between. For me the start of season 4 put me off watching the show for a while because it couldn't hold my interest. But when season 5 was announced I decided to start watching again and I absolutely adore S5 so far. I know what you mean though, the fandom's interpretation of the show and its characters are often totally different to the actual thing!

(edited)

This happens to me every once in awhile. Not just with this show, but for a lot of different shows.  I'll stop watching them for awhile, and it'll be hard for me to get back into them.  Honestly, with a show like FiM, where there are primarily stand-alone episodes, it's difficult for me to stay invested for more than an episode or two at a time.  It's usually when the multi-part arcs happen that I start to become more interested and want to keep watching to see how the situation is going to be resolved.

I'll be straight with everyone here.  I think FiM would benefit greatly from having a multi-part episode midway through each season (kind of like a mid-season finale), to get the interest back up again (so there would be one in the beginning of the season, the middle, and the end as well).  I think that would resolve most of the slumps that people go through with this kind of show.

Edited by SBaby

I know a few reasons why you cannot get back into MLP.

1. The show has suffered seasonal rot. For example compare a Season 2 episode with a Season 5 episode. Which is worse?

2. Some of the fans are mean.

3. Our fandom is now going to war with someone who does not agree with their opinions.