Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Celestia killed Discord?

Brony Man

What if Celestia had killed Discord in a fit of pure rage? Realizing what she has done...she has killed her only rival and possible friend? How would the mane six and her sister would react?

We've never seen Celestia truly enraged that I can remember, so if something were to.happen to anger her that much, I think the Mane 6 minus Fluttershy would agree with her, though Luna would be very worried for her emotional stability and safety.

I'm not certain how Fluttershy would react.

banish celestia into the sun

as for the issue of that discord cannot be killed

you can prolly break his statue form or something 

• Brohoof 1

banish celestia into the sun

as for the issue of that discord cannot be killed

you can prolly break his statue form or something 

Celestia can't turn him into a statue no more.

(edited)

She's more capable of it than a lot of people would guess. After all, in her mind at the time, she essentially killed Luna when she banished her in the moon. Her banishment was supposed to be permanent.

Only when she used the Elements of Harmony with Luna. She stated herself that the EoH don't respond to her anymore.

Also Celestia was getting beaten by Luna until she pulled out the EoH.

Edited by cider float

Do you mean as conclusion to S2 season opening or more recently? If former, no one cared when King Sombra was killed so I doubt anyone would have cared if Discord was killed. If latter, I can't imagine Celestia actually doing that since Discord has actually made bonds with mane6 (with varying effect), but if she did I imagine her reputation would be heavily damaged. True, most of the mane6 don't have complete trust in Discord but he has proven at least helpful.

• Brohoof 1

You can't kill chaos

I doubt she would try, anyway. She seems to like him, to the point of inviting him to her party knowing that he would cause a ruckus.

• Brohoof 2

Look, I don't think she would be able to kill him, He's to strong. If she is was strong enough and she did it, I think Flutterahy would'nt take it to well, But the rest might not see it as big of a loss, Maybe Luna/ Cadance. But I don't think they dare stand up to the great Celestia concerning such a matter :P Celestia would probably not feel so happy about it after she has done it either....

• Brohoof 1

Then FiM would probably not have a TV-Y rating. :P If they showed it at least. Even implied that would be kinda brutal. If Celestia actually did manage that though, I think she would drastically regret it later given how much fun he is now. :3 He was even a blast when he was still 'evil'. 

Only when she used the Elements of Harmony with Luna. She stated herself that the EoH don't respond to her anymore.

Also Celestia was getting beaten by Luna until she pulled out the EoH.

Regardless of how she did it, she still did it. If pushed far enough, Celestia would do what she feels needs to be done to ensure the safety of Equestria and its ponies. After all, in the same way she "killed" Luna, she and Luna already "killed" Discord. They were both banished away to intentionally permanent confines that she thought they would never return from. It was only after the Elements abandoned Celestia did those seals begin to degrade. Would they have stayed with her, I imagine Discord and Luna would still be banished.

Then Discord would be dead. :o

brilliantobservation/10, better than Sherlock

Honestly, if Celestia were to have killed Discord, it would have been when he was still evil. He was much more troublesome back then, and I personally think it wouldn't make sense if she were to kill him now.

• Brohoof 2

Regardless of how she did it, she still did it. If pushed far enough, Celestia would do what she feels needs to be done to ensure the safety of Equestria and its ponies. After all, in the same way she "killed" Luna, she and Luna already "killed" Discord. They were both banished away to intentionally permanent confines that she thought they would never return from. It was only after the Elements abandoned Celestia did those seals begin to degrade. Would they have stayed with her, I imagine Discord and Luna would still be banished.

The thing is Luna was going to come back 1000 years later. There is no understanding why she was not permenantly banned from Equestria but from what I believe Celestia's hold over the Elements of Harmony dissipated in 1000 years and Luna could no longer be held confined in the moon.

Right now the Elements of Harmony is the strongest right now.

I feel like Celestia would be too smart for that.

I feel like she always had plans for him

(edited)

If Celestia killed Discord? Well no more happy fun chaos time. 

In all seriousness though, I can't picture a single scenario in which Celestia would be driven to the point of 'killing' Discord. Just doesn't seem likely. From their interactions I'd say she just considers him as that one incredibly annoying friend that you don't want around you, yet unable to live without :P In my opinion  :P (Well, seems that way with most characters that interact with him as of the more recent episodes)

If she did though, I can't imagine Fluttershy would be all too happy with her... 

Edited by Crimsonn

The thing is Luna was going to come back 1000 years later. There is no understanding why she was not permenantly banned from Equestria but from what I believe Celestia's hold over the Elements of Harmony dissipated in 1000 years and Luna could no longer be held confined in the moon.

Right now the Elements of Harmony is the strongest right now.

The opening narration of the first episode directly stated that Luna was banished permanently in the moon, there's no reason to believe that Celestia thought Luna would ever return. She essentially killed Luna without actually having to do the deed herself. Perhaps she wanted to lift the banishment after she knew better about what caused Luna to become Nightmare Moon, a hope that would've been crushed once her connection to the Elements waned. But her connection to the Elements is precisely what allowed Luna to return in the first place, leading Celestia to send Twilight to Ponyville to make friends, rediscover the Elements and do what she couldn't: purge Nightmare Moon from her little sister.

• 2 years later...

well, Since There is no reason for Celestia to go in a fit of anger towards discord maybe something happened to him, or he just doesn't show up anymore for helping the enemy. (you know what enemy it is and what episode it was. so i don't need to add it also i kinda forgot the name so lol). But, if it were true. The Only way Celestia could kill discord were if she turned him into stone and broke his Statue. but we all know.. how flutters and Luna would probably react to her emotional state! considering her sister cares for her and how she will handle the situation of her rage and then flutters probably ending up in a fit of sadness and Depression that the one and only friend she could possibly Befriend without being so shy towards was gone forever since celestia broke the statue. this is only my guess.. but in all honesty Flutter-shy Would probably convince celestia to not stone him and break afterwards instead try and talk it out. though her convincing wouldn't be that much effective towards Celestia but it might towards Luna since Luna is more reasonable then celestia herself. 

So in conclusion, Celestia could end up in a fit of Rage towards him and try to stone him and kill him, but for flutters and luna they would stop her before she could do the worst mistake she would of ever made. and yes The Mane 6 minus Flutters would be convinced and help celestia. so if that happened as well. Welp, Luna and Flutter-Shy has some convincing to do towards the group of people filled with rage towards Discord.

2 minutes ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

It’s a kid’s show. You can’t do that.

i know, but i was only answer the question... thats why i said "There is no reason for celestia to go in a fit of anger" if she was really mad she would just turn him into stone nothing else, ;p in all honesty if she were to say in the show "Im gonna stone him and break his statue" Flutters wouldn't let it happen. and it would just lead to talking it out. 

3 minutes ago, Sherem said:

Considering that discord actually does something really evil, and given that you can "kill" in a kid's show

*ahem*.. im going to just bring it up. No, the creators can't kill off other characters in a kids show, and i said it was just a theory of mine. not for real. heard of theorys? if not... learn what that is. also if they were to add it... they would just Stone him or just talk it out and have celestia calm and make peace it is not like they are going to actually "Kill" Discord they would just, have her Stone him... OR Talk it out.. but my guess was just a theory i have been holding onto me and wanted to just write and see what people would of thought... its not like... i was saying they can kill off a character. 

On 7/1/2015 at 9:14 AM, Banul said:

You can't kill chaos

I doubt she would try, anyway. She seems to like him, to the point of inviting him to her party knowing that he would cause a ruckus.

in all honesty, you can't really "Kill" in a kids show... though i do have theories of my own about Discord being "Killed" metaphorically as in, probably just stoned and left there stoned. ;P but celestia wouldn't do that kind of thing anytime soon

On 7/1/2015 at 1:31 AM, cider float said:

Celestia can't turn him into a statue no more.

that's true, The mane 6 would have to turn him into stone considering they control the Elements of Harmony