Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Have Lyra and Bonbon become a couple?

RiverArt

You can't say they aren't together ;)

sig-3939481.Merged_Lyra_and_Sweetie_Drop(Now that's how you do a fucking shipping nod!)

When you're at the stage of wanting to be attached to another pony, you are in love with said pony, end of.

It's like I said, at this point it's REALLY cruel ship-teasing. When I saw SoL, even though I'm no supporter of the ship I thought the ship was near confirmed at this point or at least open to interpretation but then M.A. Larson and Big Jim just flat out said "They're best friends. That's it, we have no interest in making them a couple." to which I can't help but think that they're going overboard with their ship teasing. For me it's a little issue but when they say they never will be a couple and continue to ship-tease like that, I can't help but find it in poor taste.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time believing that since Steven Magnet is now confirmed to be canonically gay.

We can say otherwise all we like but if the creators say they're not then it's not canon and probably never will be.

I think Larson was aware of ship teasing them. THeir entire interaction in SoL was a reference to the main married couple in "True Lies". It;s just Larson is aware that he can't go on a war with director or other shippers so he just treat it as "best friend" rather than just best friends.

• 5 months later...

There's no fucking way Hasbro would do such a thing like that in the MLP universe, it is a kids/family show after all, and having same sex relationships in the show would obviously mean a shit load of controversy and a change in the ratings system.

God I wish this type of thing would just stop.

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro got as close as they could without saying it because god knows they'd get their collective ass sued

No friend, girl to girl, boy to boy, girl to boy, whatever, makes those faces to each other, even as a joke. Unless they're those types of friends (with benefits).

So I'd say yes but it won't be made canon in this iteration of MLP or probably for a long long time until it can be accepted as a normal thing to be attracted to the same gender/sex :V

Edited by ARagY