Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is friendship?

rainbowdash1

What is a man friendship? A miserable little pile of happiness. But enough talk… Have at you!

• 4 weeks later...

Friendship is knowing that you always got someone who's got your back, for times of hardship, weather emotional or just being pissed off at someone. But it's not true friendship unless you have this persons back as well. And if you two don't have fun together, you aren't really friends.

Say what ya'll will, but for me, friendship is muffins! B)

Posted Image

Mmmmmm.... friendship. ;)

Friendship is the ability to trust a person, to believe that they would never betray, harm or in any other way degrade your person in anyway. A friend is someone who will worry when you're sad and do their best to help, someone who will make you feel better simply by being there.

A true friend is someone who cares for you by all their heart, someone who will always be able to make you happy because you know they care. Taste of friends may differ from person to person, but in the end, they will always have the quality that will make you appreciate being in their company.

One could say that "Friends are the family you chose yourself"

True friendship is like a family, people you wouldn't mind knowing for the rest of your life, people you know you would miss deeply if they suddenly were to disappear.

A friend can overcome any difference, just think about Applejack and Rarity, they were able to get along and have fun in the end at Twilight's slumberparty. Even though they are ponies of almost opposite social norms, they were able to appreaciate the company of eachother and have a good time. Those are the quality of a true friend, someone who makes you want to be with them, because you enjoy their company no matter how different they might be.

Friendship was what made Twilight able to put aside her love of studying to be together with the ponies she loved, because friendship is love, at least one kind of it.

It's something you will always appreciate. It will make you do silly things and joke around, act overall differently and more happy when you're together with them.

Friendship is wonderful, it's beautiful and beyond comprehension of amazement.

Friendship is magic.

• Brohoof 4

Friendship is a relationship with a friend.

Therefore a much better qualification is "What is a relationship" and "What is a friend".

Since both have been relatively well explained before this post, I will follow up this rather pointless pedantry with a funny picture so as to not waste more of your time meaninglessly.

Posted Image

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”

Thar. Problem solved. Thank me now.

Baby don't hurt me...don't hurt me...no more.

-was expecting a "What is Love" parody-

GODDAMIT!

Posted Image

It's being among people that truly care about you and people you know you can have a good time with and can trust and you know have your back.

This, pretty much.

I'm very happy being alone, and very uncomfortable around people.

I know that feel bro.

Friendship is the sense of belonging, familiarity, kindness and joy you have when you find others you enjoy spending time with on this floating space rock of ours.

(edited)

as my experiences as a captain, if some random pony comes up to you and says your a "Friend" that pony is a spy

but that's just me (no pinky pie is not a spy)

Edited by Celestian

You act like I actually want a friend. I'm a xenophobic, an isolationist. I'm very happy being alone, and very uncomfortable around people.

I cannot relate, I am a very social person, just trying to sympathize man. Glad you are happy though :D /)

• 2 weeks later...

Friendship is very complex. There are friends, buddies, family, bros, and a bunch of other types of friends, and they all have different importance levels in different sections of life...so this is kindof like asking what is the meaning of life, except 42?