Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is friendship?

rainbowdash1

Its that thing where you tolerate other members of the hunam race long enough for them to become familiar to you so you can use the approximation "friends" when describing that particular entity to other hunams in an effort to save time, aural analog communication being what it is.

And if that's not fsking magic, I don't know what is.

Friendship is what binds us together. It can be a force of good or evil. Friendship is a mutual relationship between people and ponies alike. Friendship can be the greatest thing in the world if you allow it to be. Friends are something every pony and person should have for nobody likes to be lonely.

Someone you get along with well enough that seing them brings a smile to your face, hearing them laugh makes you laugh too, and seeing them suffer makes you want revenge.

I like to think of them as "allies against the world".

• Brohoof 1

kind of random and i dont want any "magic" anwsers

*cough* ...Then it's um...

post-2757-0-39759600-1334629408_thumb.png

Yeah that's it...

Lol no. but really Friendship to me is people who share the same interests as you as well as care about you. I don't know it's something that over extends that too at the same time.

• Brohoof 2

I can't really say. I guess it's the ability to care for others in your own way. That's why some people just don't get along. Because they are not compatible and that is what compels people to befriend each other.

Friendship is the absence of ignorance and the presence of empathy.

Cheesy, I know... :lol:

Friendship...What does friendship mean to me? Friendship is a special connection you make with another person(non-romantic obviously). I don't believe you have to have the same interests to be friends. Let's think about this in a pony scenario. Rainbow and Twilight are friends. How much do they actually have in common? Not very much I would say, but they are still friends because they each know the other is trustworthy and will be there when they need them. Someone who will share your joy, your sorrow, the good times, and the bad times. A friend won't care whether you like basketball or My Little Pony. A friend will have your back at all times even if they have to sacrifice something in return. A friend will accept your flaws and weaknesses and overlook your mistakes. When you fall, a friend will always lend you a helping hoof/hand.

To me friendship is...magic.(I know you said not to use that, but I really can't describe it any better way in a single sentence)

• Brohoof 1

The way I view it, friendship denotes an unbreakable and lifelong bond. To me, a friend is someone who is always by your side when you need them, who will crawl through hell and back for you, and that would die for you. But you must have the same loyalty to your friends. I view friendship as a blood pact: Once you enter, only death separates you.

To me personally, there are several levels of friendship, and the question "what is friendship" is a very broad one. Well, based on my personal belief system, I should maintain a posoitive relationship with all people, treat them with love, like a brony to another brony, but that doesn't mean we are friends, it just means I respect them for who they are, rather then what they do. The next level would be the "hanging out" friends, those who we spend some time with, but don't really have a deep meaningful friendship with, they are probably the most prominant kind of friend, as the people you hang out with has a really big impact on how you act, so it is important to choose who you hang out with. The final level of friendship are those who are in your "inner circle," these are the people who you can tell anything, and feel confidant that they will be supportaive, truthful, and speak their mind. You need to be very very careful who you let in your inner circle, as the wrong person can have a serious negative effect on you as a person. Overall, i would define friendship in three ways, 1. acquaintance (people who you don't really know, but still act nice towards) 2. Buddy (the people who you hang out with 3. Close friends (those who you can be truthful around, and who you will probably know for the rest of your life)

As I said, it is very hard to define, but in my opinion, this is how I classify friendship.

Stay strong, and brony on.

[edit] sorry for the length xD

Edited by Rudehamster
  • Brohoof 1

Have hope Metyllisk, there is someone for everyone. :)

In my opinion, people who you can say hi to in passing arer acquaintances. People who you can goof around with, but you aren't too sure about how they work yet, are pals. People whom you trust and enjoy being around are your friends, if the feelings are mutual. He doesn't have to be a perfect friend who calls you once a day and never makes mistakes, we all make mistakes sometimes, and I would never expect anyone, even a best friend, to be perfect. Of course, if he continuously does disrespectful things to you, then he's either totally out of a clue on how to be a friend, or not a friend at all...

Baby don't hurt me, baby don't hurt me, no more

What is friendship?

And so on and so forth

To me, friendship is a strong bond between two or more people that is unbreakable, and you love and tolerate each other's interests, whether you like them or not.