spoiler Equestria Girls Friendship games ENDING

Trail Blazer

It was a bit strange but I actually liked the ending.

I was actually engaged and liked the action that was going on with the portals and stuff.

Plus I really liked how Sunset Shimmer helped Twilight after she became Midnight Sparkle.

The animation was great and I feel like it was a well done emotional scene.

Plus Phoenix Sunset Shimmer is awesome.

Edited by cmarston1

I thought it was great (go Sunset!) however with most movies I really like, I felt like it was kind of abrupt. It was like boom Friendship Games over, schools are friends, Twilight wants to go to CHS and we'll probably never see the Shadowbolts again even though they turned good :( other than that it was an epic movie.

• Brohoof 2

The ending pretty nice but like some people I agree the ending wasn't what I expected.

The shadowbolts turned good 0 to 100 real quick, like really?

I do believe a fourth one is coming maybe next year called "legends of Everfree" I really don't want the Equestria Girls series to end yet that ending felt kinda like a cliffhanger.

I feel like in the next one were never going to see the shadowbolts again which is pretty sad since everyone including me really liked them.

There's still a couple of flaws but I'm not going to name all of them but overall this film and songs were pretty good not RR good but still good.

I really did like midnight sparkle and sunsets design at the end it was like sunset was an angel and twilight was a demon (good vs evil).

Edited by KillSh0ck4

Although a hope for a fourth movie, the spin-off series seems more likely. Although there are are some unanswered questions, (Will Sunsets human counterpart show up; will she ever make an appearance back in Equestria; Will the Equestria Twilight be able to have some time alone with Flash; Will Sunset or the Human Twilight have boyfriends themselves; etc) and I hope they keep coming up with adventures for the human world, I can't see both Twilights being in the same world for too long, at least without attracting attention and causing further troubles ... on the other hand, maybe the there will be EQG4! I doubt the 'Legends of The Everfree' title through. Maybe that will be the title for the feature length film?!

It was cool, but I think there were alot of holes.

• Why did magic make twilight all of the sudden evil?
  • How would using magic even help them find the flag in the last event?
  • Why didnt sunset just use the magic stealing device to drain twilight's magic?

But I have to admit it was pretty cool. I really wished a winner for the games was declared though, the whole movie revolved around these games, and nobody even won them.

Some people are saying that the shadowbolts turned "bad to good" too fast. I don't think they really turned from "bad guys to good guys" they were never really bad to begin with. They were just a bunch of stuck-up students who weren't nice. But even they wouldn't just let the other people fall into another dimension. I mean in the beginning of the movie they did get along with CHS students when Pinkie Pie did her party thing, it wasn't until the principle stepped in that they stopped. The only one who can really be considered bad was the principle because she was willing to risk everyone's lives to win the games, and she blackmailed twilight into competing in the first place.

Edited by SilverDusk
  • Brohoof 4

The ending was fine for what it was as it came full circle from the first move, and it works as both an end point and a continuation point as well

The ending stinger on the other hand was probably the best part of it given the potential implications it has for the next movie and also the Season 5 finale.

I actually quite liked the ending. At first I thought they were just rehashing the original, which would have been been lame, but it was actually a really cool character moment for Sunset. It shows that her character has come full circle in her redemption. Also, I though it was interesting because it shows how much these movies have changed, going from the, IMHO relatively underwhelming ending of the original, to this, which was far better done. Kinda how like, again IMHO, the original wasn't all that great, and the series has only been improving since.

I loved it. It nicely mirrors the ending of EQG one and shows just how far Sunset has come as a character. I also think the last moments of the song 'Unleash the Magic' were quite haunting, especially the flash in Twilight's eyes when she committed to using it, and the Cyrtal Prep students still chanting in the background.

Literally the only thing about it I didn't like was Sunset's frilly princess dress. A simpler design would have worked better, I feel, especially since a large part of Sunset's development was becoming more humble. Aside from that the color pink does not match Sunset in any way. Cyan is her new dominant color, why not use that?

I wasn't expecting human Twilight to become evil :P.  I think the creators of MLP should just stick with FiM; I am personally not a big fan of the Equestria Girls movies, and this seemed like a great way to end the Equestria Girls series.

Unfortunatley I don't think they have a choice, Hasbro is pushing EG.

It was cool, but I think there were alot of holes.

• Why did magic make twilight all of the sudden evil?
  • How would using magic even help them find the flag in the last event?
  • Why didnt sunset just use the magic stealing device to drain twilight's magic?

But I have to admit it was pretty cool. I really wished a winner for the games was declared though, the whole movie revolved around these games, and nobody even won them.

Some people are saying that the shadowbolts turned "bad to good" too fast. I don't think they really turned from "bad guys to good guys" they were never really bad to begin with. They were just a bunch of stuck-up students who weren't nice. But even they wouldn't just let the other people fall into another dimension. I mean in the beginning of the movie they did get along with CHS students when Pinkie Pie did her party thing, it wasn't until the principle stepped in that they stopped. The only one who can really be considered bad was the principle because she was willing to risk everyone's lives to win the games, and she blackmailed twilight into competing in the first place.

I think the magic basically overpowered her much like with Sunset and it twisted the Elements of Harmony into something else thus turning her evil.

Honestly, I probably would have liked the ending more if it weren't for the fact that the final fight between Sunset and Twilight was extremely similar to the final battle in the last episode of Sailor Moon. I mean, take a look.

It's probably just a coincidence but as a Sailor Moon fan it made the ending seem rather lame to me.

Edited by pushmipullu

I think the magic basically overpowered her much like with Sunset and it twisted the Elements of Harmony into something else thus turning her evil.

But Sunset was bad from the start, before she got the magic. Even before she came into the human world she had bad intentions.

The Human Mane 5 all gained magical abilities, and it didn't all of the sudden turn them evil. Sci-Twi wasn't evil. She didnt understand friendship, but she wasn't evil. Even someone who thinks friendship isn't important and would rather lock themselves in solitude to study things wouldn't want to destroy the world they lived in.

I'm not trying to hate on it, it is what it is, I just think if they were gonna go this route, they should have made it more believable that it could happen. Personally if It were me, I would have made Principle Cinch the one who turned evil, because thats something I believe would happen. Maybe Sci-Twi could have taken off the device and left it out of the last game, and just as CHS was about to win, Cinch unleashes it to stop them or something. But I digress. It is what it is, and it was still a cool movie.

The ending part was good after the battle between Midnight Sparkle and Daylight Shimmer, redeemed Crystal Prep students become friendly for Canterlot High students and unite all winners!

In the pre-credits scene, Princess Twilight from Equestria visited the Equestria Girls universe after hearing a word from Sunset Shimmer which is I can't believe that's her strange counterpart (Sci-Twi from Crystal Prep Academy and now transferred to Canterlot High) for the first time.​ :)

Edited by Allen