Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Liking the ponies you didn't liked

Szmeszek

I'll join the growing number of people in saying Rarity as well. As has been stating, found her shallow for awhile but people pointing out her unique position of being a business owner and the various sibling-related dilemmas she ends up in made her pretty endearing.

• Brohoof 1

I used to not really like Rarity, but she's now overthrown Pinkie as 4th place, which makes her one of the 4 I really really like. I love her voice, she looks really good, but her personality is a little 'eeeyyyeneeeh?' sometimes. Other times, I really do like her, so.... Pinkie Pie has been a little more annoying to me lately, which is why she's moved to 5th place.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmmm... tricky. I used to think that Princess Celestia was just some stereotypical mentor figure for Twilight, but now I love her for what she truly is... that's right, Equestria's #1 Troll, THE PRINCESS TROLLESTIA (LOL :P )!

• 9 years later...
  • 5 months later...

When I started to watch FIM, I only liked Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy to be honest. The FIM show was new to me, it's not like anything else I have ever experienced. In video games or Anime I would always have my 1 or 2 favorite characters, because these 1 or 2 would be the only likable ones. It was always like this. That's why I assumed it would be the same with FIM too. Rainbow Dash reminded of those typical characters who try to be cool and are in love with themselves so much... Her rivalry with Applejack made it even more annoying. Rarity reminded me of those flirty characters... And Twilight was just annoyed most of the time, which made me annoyed too. They often had arguments or fights and these parts simply weren't enjoyable, but I kept watching for Pinkie and Fluttershy.

But my feelings changed in the course of season 1 and improved more and more in the upcoming seasons. I realized that there is more to the show and characters. They don't only act in one certain way (trope). I was really super positive surprised! :eager: And that's why I fell in love with all the characters. I think it happened towards the end of season 1. It's actually hard (or impossible) for me to pick even 1 favorite, because I love them all so much. :wub: