Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Music Thread

Goodra

Anypony here play any instruments? If so what are they and what kinda music do you play?

I play electric bass guitar and love rock and jazz music, Eeyup!

Edited by BigMacintosh

My instrument of choice is the Cello. Play a lot of movie songs and some Celtic stuff in my spare time.

I considered picking up Bass Guitar, but I don't feel like killing my money on one.

Edited by BonBon

I trying to get into teaching a music class at a high school. Right now I work at a store teaching the saxophone, trumpet, trombone, bass and electric guitar, drums, tuba, upright bass, flute, and the piano. Almost there!

If I had the money, I would so get a Cello again. I have all the music from my school days (I had a bad habit of never returning sheet music and practice books)

My only problem is I never learned how to tune properly so I need to somehow learn how to do that too.

I play guitar. And a bit of self-taught piano, but guitar is really my main instrument :D

Actually, I've just purchased my first 12-strings acoustic guitar last saturday! I love it, it really has an amazing sound!

edit: oh yeah, I played trumpet and trombone back in high-school, but I probably couldn't remember most of the notes!

Edited by Lady Rarity

I play guitar, keys and cello. And a little bass and classical piano, but they're more a bi-product of skills I picked up with other instruments. Oh, and I sing. Badly.

I'm a singer. I'm a lyric Baritone, and my main focus is in opera. Still, I'm game for pretty much anything! :lol:

I've been singing for over a decade now (classical for about 5).

I do backup vocals for LA Punk legends Youth Gone Mad, though we'll have to change the name soon since the main singer is leaving.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

Iv'e been playing the piano for around about nine or so years now, I was taught for six years, but the monotony of lessons began to take impact, so i ditched the lessons and the sheet music, and have been learning and composing by ear ever since and loving it. B)

• Brohoof 1

I play the bassoon. I've also played trumpet, clarinet, and I have learned piano for classes. But bassoon is my main instrument. I need to learn the saxophone (which I can play somewhat, but that's a long story) and someday I'd like to learn the oboe, but only after I have completed school and consider myself good enough at the bassoon.

I've been in piano for about seven years, though I only recently started playing seriously.

I also play trombone in our school band.

I consider myself to be a good musician, and I play all genres of piano or trombone I can get my hands on.

I played violin for about 6 months when I was in elementary school. I really wish I would have kept up with it, since it's one of the most beautiful instruments in my opinion.

I play piano, I was taught at a school for a few years and then begin teaching myself, been playing for 10 years and still play almost everyday. I also play guitar, which I learned at my High School for 2 years, I play that every now and then. I also play trumpet, I use to be in the school band but I stopped... and I don't know why. I sort of miss it. :/

I play guitar reasonably competently, mostly rock/indie/folk type stuff. I'm not much of a solo player, more rhythm/crosspicking/arpeggiated chord type stuff (like Roger McGuinn or Peter Buck...not that I'm anywhere near as good as them...). I also mess around on mandolin and Irish bouzouki (yes it does exist...), I can get a tune out of them but probably more by luck than judgement... :P

Okay, let's talk dream instruments. The Rickenbacker bass below. I want this so bad. :wub:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBZ8ulc5NTg

Incidentally, I already own a Hofner knockoff.

In the guitar department, the Spectrum 5:

Posted Image

The Moog guitar would also be a sweet acquisition. Here's it in action, in case you don't know what I'm talking about:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3SsYQrgcyA

• 6 months later...

I used to Play Trombone in middle school and now I occasionally mess around with my Electric Bass, though I'm not very good (Aka I only know like two things.)