Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Superhero RP Reboot

FractalMoon

(OOC link: https://mlpforums.com/topic/139529-superhero-rp-reboot/ )

Three years ago, Tollopolis was a paradise. The recent advent of superheroes had brought crime nearly to zero, and the city became a sprawling metropolis as a result. The economy flourished, and everyone thought things were perfect. However, that was three years ago.

Now, Tollopolis is a much different place. The criminals of old were largely replaced with supervillains, criminals with skills and abilities to rival the newly dominant superheroes. While these two groups were duking it out for supremacy in the city, the citizens were becoming more and more terrified of what was going on. This terror was only expanded by the arrival of the Maelstrom. Known only for their calling card, a small painting of a storm at sea, this assassin began to kill anyone someone wanted dead for a substantial fee. No one knew who they were, just that it didn't matter how many guards or how much security there was in a place, they were seemingly able to get through everything, whether it be through a strange energy weapon that seemed to destroy any guards in their path, or just by slipping through a previously unseen vulnerability. The police, in a fit of desperation, reach out to the superhuman community of the city, offering a 2 million dollar reward for anyone with actionable information about the killer, and a 5 million reward on top of that for anyone able to bring them in, dead or alive.

Edited by FractalMoon
  • Brohoof 1

Blitz sighed as he walked down the street. He wore his normal clothes, taking care to make himself as discreet as possible. "This city is nothing but a shell of what it once was." He thought, watching people walk down the street. The man wasn't that social and he didn't want to be. He had watched to many people die for his taste and he didn't want to make the mistake of getting to attached to anyone.

• Brohoof 1

Emile had been sitting in his closet, keeping track of his security cameras he placed throughout the city on his array of computer monitors. He lived in a small, one bedroom apartment and really needed the reward money for finding the Maelstrom. So far, his cameras had found nothing. Resting beside him was a grey, metallic helmet with what seemed to be a single eye. It was a prototype he had been working on, and he couldn't wait to test it out.

• Brohoof 1

False Shade walked through the streets towards the police station contemplating his latest career advances. He hasn't had many tough jobs over the last few months. No criminal bounty has been that challenging, only minor gang leaders and murderers, which were never to hard to track down and capture/kill.

"Ugh....this is SO boring..."  Shade said to himself getting a few looks from others around him. Though they were also looking at his unusual attire. And the guns. ALL the guns. He soon reached the bounty board at the police station, looking at all the new bounties.

"Gang leader...boring. Mob boss... interesting. Assassin who goes through all security... five MILLION ON CAPTURE! That will fund me for years! Oh that sounds like my kind of job!" Shade tore off the poster and looked at it. "No intel though? Even better."

Shade also took the mob boss bounty as well. I need some money in the mean time, I can do this quickly. Shade walked off, humming happily as he headed towards the mob boss' last known location.

• Brohoof 1

Noose stood atop the station square. Transportation hub of the city. Lot's of eyes, a good chunk of them on the news screens. They'll be looking at something more entertaining very soon. "People are worried about this "Malestrom" bastard? He'll get his in the end. Right now, all eyes, on me." 

​Faster then the eye could see, the giant news screen at the station went black, and a large banner rolled down across the screen:

The following have an appointment at the gallows:

-TPD Cap. Joakim Broden

-TPD Com. Bjorn Stren

-D.A. Thomas Haake

-Mob Boss Greg Puciato

-Mob Boss Max Cavelera

-Mob Boss Igor Cavelera

-The Death Angels S.A.A. Rob Cavestany

-The S.O.D. S.A.A. Charlie Benante

-Head of the Hutzpah terror cell, Gihad Joe

-Head of G.H.O.S.T. Papa Emeritus III

-Heads of The Slave Pit, The Scum Dogs

-Malestrom

The best way to end the war on crime? 

​Kill all the participants.

-With Best Regards,

The Hangwoman. 

​The last four on that list were all known supers. The only reason TPD hasn't moved in on them is because they can't, and the only reason those guys aren't running more of amok is because military intervention ruins business for everyone. 

Now, the biggest names on both sides of the law have been called out. 

"It's the worst feeling in the world, knowing what's coming, and being powerless to stop it."

​For a moment, she stood on the building opposite her banner, admiring her work, before being gone the next instant. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

@@Jellal Fernandes,

One of Emile's security cameras picked up an unusual sight. In former market district that was now overrun with poverty and bums, Gatasubal stepped into the lens of the camera. The beastly machine was only vaguely humanoid in shape, but not in size. It must have had the size of three men in total, and its weight would be far greater. On both of its silver shoulders, the TPD emblem was placed in blue and gold. This same emblem was on its chest as well. Such a massive machine would be impractical for urban warfare if it wasnt for all of the weapons and advanced hardware placed beneath its thick armor.

After a few seconds of slowly walking down that street, causing a pair of homeless men to back up to a safer distance to stare, its head pivoted nearly 360 degrees to face directly into the camera. The camera was well hidden to be sure, but this machine was looking directly into its lens with its one red eye. That particular monitor turned to static on Emile's computer. All playback footage couldn't be replayed unless the corrupted file was restored. That particular camera was put offline through some kind of cyber attack. The static screen on Emile's monitor then flashed a message "Safer Streets: Privacy Rights are Guaranteed" before both the static and the message disappeared. Whether the message was automated or sent by Gatasubal itself couldn't be determined.

Gatasubal immediately sent an automated report to the police precinct about the unauthorized security camera before walking further. Although it missed seeing noose's messages on the news screen, it was very quickly notified of the "terrorist threat" through internal channels.

@@Derplight Sperkle,

Shade was suddenly bathed in red light as he made his way to the mob boss location. A few yards away from him, Gatasubal lured over him. The machine had already made two arrests and given six citations since it had been activated that morning. This was another one of those stops.

When it spoke, its voice was artificial, but not as harsh or intimidating as one would expect from such a machine. Its voice was meant to offset its intimidation factor to de-escalate nonviolent situations. "Please, do not attempt to run. I will not harm you if you cooperate." It said; this seemed to be a rerecorded phrase. "My scans may have detected unregistered fire arms. Provide your last and first name in that order."

John was sitting at a caffe and casually sipping some tea. He was wearing a tuxedo and his signature tophat and monocle. On first glance he looks like someone who has watched too many british movies, but that's why his attire was so genius. He payed for his tea and began wandering the streets

• Brohoof 1

Hooligan stood above the dead cashier and grinned. He had come into the convenience store to rob the place. He had asked the cashier to give him her money or her life. Unfortunately for her she was out of money. Hooligan walked around the store, occasionally knocking over a shelf of groceries. "Where is it?" Hooligan said to himself, "Where is it?"

'Why are you asking me?" said the voice in his head, "I don't know this place any better then you do."

"I wasn't talking to you." Hooligan soon found what he was looking for. A jar of crisp delicious pickles. Hooligan grabbed the pickles and put them in the bag he was carrying. Hooligan teleported away and returned with an armed explosive. "Let's blow this popsicle stand." said Hooligan.

"Literally." said the voice in his head.

Hooligan teleported out of the store and across the street. He pulled out a detonator from his pocket. Hooligan pressed the button and watched as the store burst into flames. He grin widened under his mask, "I love the smell of chaos in the morning." Hooligan turned and began to walk down the street.

Edited by Dapper Charmer
  • Brohoof 1

Blitz looked at the news screen and rolled his eyes. "Looks like someone's a wannabe bounty hunter." He thought to himself. The man then ducked into a alleyway and made sure no one could see him, before taking off everything that wasn't needed to cover his body. "Time to show the world what a legend can do." The scales on the man's left arm then began to move over his body. The first time he had turned into a dragon, it was like having every cell in his body explode. With time, he mastered the transformation and could carry it out in under half a minute. As soon as the change was complete, the dragon then flew into the air, above most of the buildings in the city.

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 1

@@Literally Snails,

"No ordinary human could have done this, those cameras shouldn't even be noticeable, and the fact that it got on to my private network? Let's see what we have here..." Emile said, looking at the file. "Corrupted? Like that's ever stopped me..." He ran the file through a few programs he made and within a matter of seconds he had the file back to normal, and the camera up-and-running. He played back the footage and made careful notes of what he had seen. Meanwhile, he heard reports from the police comms of a terrorist threat. He decided to leave the "terrorist" threat to the police, but suited up to go check out what he assumed to be a robot that attacked his cameras. As he was walking out the door, he decided to pick up the helmet he had made and take it for a "test run."

• Brohoof 1

A Harley Davidson sped though the streets, ghost riding through the streets, before slowing down, wobbling, and finally falling to the side and skidding across the pavement. Charles Benante, Sergeant At Arms for the anti-Semitic Stormtroopers Of Death motorcycle gang, was now being lynched up a telephone poll at a record pace. Gargling that was supposed to represent screams came from his throat. His flailing body began to slow down, before simply going limp.  Noose stood below the newly lifeless corpse. 

"Time to share the good news." She said, before pulling out a strip of duct tape off a roll, and then vanishing. 

Back at the central station, the banner was still up. Crews were just pulling into the square to prepare to take it down. That is, before the 8th name down on the list, was suddenly crossed out by strips of duct tape. It would take half a dozen to cut through the name on the large banner, and it would still take a minute to stick onto the banner.

It shouldn't have just "appeared" on there. But it did. In front of the world, a name was just crossed off The Hangwoman's list. 

• Brohoof 1

((OOC: Sorry I'm late... and for this boring post. Here's hoping I can really get involved soon.))

Patterson and River Tacitus had, no sooner, arrived in the city after their long journey, when the sound of an exploding store disrupted their drive. They of course, had to investigate, so Pat headed for where the sound came from, as best he could. When he finally found the place, the store was ablaze, and the sound of incoming firetrucks was heard. Of course the person, who undoubtedly caused the explosion, didn't seem to be around still. Pat got out of the car and began asking people around if they knew anything about what happened.

• Brohoof 1

@@Literally Snails

Shade was annoyed by the robot's interruption. He stopped and looked directly at the robot before speaking. "You ruined my groove there you flying junk bucket. I was just having a grand ol' time walking to my job." He pointed his finger right at the camera before speaking again. "These unregistered firearms you pointed out are part of my job okay? Can't a guy exercise his second amendment rights?"

Shade thought another moment before talking again, "Oh right, you also want my name? Well you going have have to go back in time for my real name, but the name I go by now is..Shade, False? Did I do that right?"

((OOC: Sorry I'm late... and for this boring post. Here's hoping I can really get involved soon.))

Patterson and River Tacitus had, no sooner, arrived in the city after their long journey, when the sound of an exploding store disrupted their drive. They of course, had to investigate, so Pat headed for where the sound came from, as best he could. When he finally found the place, the store was ablaze, and the sound of incoming firetrucks was heard. Of course the person, who undoubtedly caused the explosion, didn't seem to be around still. Pat got out of the car and began asking people around if they knew anything about what happened.

As Hooligan ran into the night he heard the sound of fire trucks coming from the direction of the store he had just blown up, "how lovely," he said to himself, "they're playing my song." 

"Wanna go check it out?" said the voice in his head.

"Hell yeah." Hooligan teleported to a building across from the store he blew up. The blazing building made him grin. However the fire truck putting out the blaze did not.

"They're trying to destroy our work." said the voice in his head.

"Well we can't have that," replied Hooligan. He teleported away and returned with a shoulder rocket. He aimed it at the fire truck and grinned wickedly. "Surprise mother Truckers!" he shouted loudly as he fired the rocket.

As Hooligan ran into the night he heard the sound of fire trucks coming from the direction of the store he had just blown up, "how lovely," he said to himself, "they're playing my song." 

"Wanna go check it out?" said the voice in his head.

"Hell yeah." Hooligan teleported to a building across from the store he blew up. The blazing building made him grin. However the fire truck putting out the blaze did not.

"They're trying to destroy our work." said the voice in his head.

"Well we can't have that," replied Hooligan. He teleported away and returned with a shoulder rocket. He aimed it at the fire truck and grinned wickedly. "Surprise mother Truckers!" he shouted loudly as he fired the rocket.

John heard the commotion, so he rushed to the scene. He saw a wicked man blowing everything up. John decided to approach him casually. He fired a rocket at a truck before he could reach him. Jobn shielded himself from the blast. "Sir, could you please explain why you are causing property damage?" Asked John while adjusting his monocle

@Dapper Charmer

River, who had remained in the car, saw the whole thing. And after the huge explosion, which caught Pat's attention, she called out to him, and related to him, what she had seen. Well now Pat knew what he'd have to do, so he simply told River,

"Stay safe!"

and he disappeared, whilst the perpetrator was being distracted by some guy.

'Who in the world, would return to their crime scene?'

He thought to himself.

@@Literally Snails

Shade was annoyed by the robot's interruption. He stopped and looked directly at the robot before speaking. "You ruined my groove there you flying junk bucket. I was just having a grand ol' time walking to my job." He pointed his finger right at the camera before speaking again. "These unregistered firearms you pointed out are part of my job okay? Can't a guy exercise his second amendment rights?"

Shade thought another moment before talking again, "Oh right, you also want my name? Well you going have have to go back in time for my real name, but the name I go by now is..Shade, False? Did I do that right?"

"What job requires unregistered fire arms, False Shade?" Gatasubal replied, taking two steps closer to Shade. "Provide credentials or..." Gatasubal stopped as a second voice began to play on one of his speakers, the police station bounty official.

"G, he's authorized. This man is registered at the bounty office. Sorry for the confusion, Shade."

Gatasubal's red light turned off, but it continued to look at Shade for a while longer. "I apologize, sir." It said.

John heard the commotion, so he rushed to the scene. He saw a wicked man blowing everything up. John decided to approach him casually. He fired a rocket at a truck before he could reach him. Jobn shielded himself from the blast. "Sir, could you please explain why you are causing property damage?" Asked John while adjusting his monocle

Hooligan turned to the approaching man, "Well mister monocle man. I think you'll find I'm not causing property damage. I am making art." said Hooligan exuberantly.

"It is still property damage though." said the voice in his head. 

Hooligan shrugged, "Well you gotta break a few eggs to make a bowl of broken egg shells."

Hooligan reached into his bag and pulled out a jar of pickles. He lifted up the bottom part of his mask, revealing a gruesomely disfigured chin and unnaturally wide grin, to allow access to his mouth. Hooligan picked out pickle from the jar and ate it. "You want one," he said offering the jar of pickles to the monocle wearing man.

As Blitz flew through the air, he patrolled the city from the sky, waiting to see if anything was going to happen. He could see what was happening in the streets, but he wasn't to interested in interfering just yet. "I think I'll just let them tire each other out, then give them a bit of a surprise when they're done with each other." He thought.

@@Dapper Charmer,@@Pat.Rio.T.,

Gatasubal received a warning about an attack on the store as well as the fire truck explosion. This took priority over everything else it was doing and it began to bolt for the scene.

Once Gatasubal was near the smouldering wreckage, it began scanning the area for weapons. "All civilians maintain safe distance." It warned, scanning the whole area as finding the culprit was its number one objective.

((by my next post, he's going to detect hooligan's rocket launcher))

Hesh was calmly walking the streets with a bored look on his face because nothing was happening, then suddenly a large explosion was heard and his frown turned into a wide grin as he ran towards the flood of people escaping to get into this mess and have some fun.

When he got there he saw an exploded fire truck, he then moved around it to find two people... One that happend to have a rocket launcher ''This seems fun...'' he said laughing shortly at the end while sitting down away from the fire to wait until either someone noticed him or the fight begun.

The Death Angels motorcycle gang began their prowl. Dominance in the drug trade in this part of the city made them a staple of the city for the past decade. But every now and then, more of tent than not, dominance needed to be flaunted. So a whole horde plowed it's way through the streets, two dozen strong, with Sergeant At Arms Robbert Cavastany leading the pack. 25 riders sped beneath an overpass. 24 came out. Cavastany's bike was ghost riding with the rest. 

The pack members up front took a bit to notice. Everyone else in the back parted to the sides to avoid the slowing ghost bike. They looked behind to see what happened. They did not like what they saw. Not one bit. Rob was being dragged up to the overpass by a noose. A figure clad in arctic camo military gear, with a white trenchcoat & white hood, a white ski-mask, even reflective goggles. The only thing that stood out, was a dark brown noose around the neck. But that wasn't really what the Death Angels were looking it. It was their S.A.A. being hoisted clear above the white figures head.  

A chorus of yells and shouts, a motion of guns, ranging from barettas to M-16s being drawn, all pretty much revolving around the commonly repeated 'Put him down!" over and over again. Once the shouting simmered down, the white one shrugged and said "Alright." And then promptly tossed Robb off the bridge. He never touched the ground. The noose around his neck stopped his fall... and broke his neck. 

A chorus of "ahhs!" and "ohhs!" ensued, followed by silence. Soon broken by some enraged verbal command to "F someone up." A hail of bullets sped towards the white clad one. None would reach.  The figure were gone. The gunfire ceased. All the one percenters looked around. Another exchange of gunfire. This one sounding like a clip being unloaded in a second. Then ceasing. The sound of metal and lead hitting the ground as a rifle was dropped, followed shortly by the body of it's owner. All the Death Angels members present fell where they stood, bullets in their heads. 

Noose twirled the pistols in her hands old west style, and put them back in their holsters. All six of them, each a different make and model. "Now then, time to redecorate these hallowed grounds." She said, pulling out a wheel of cables. 24 bodies disappeared off the pavement. 25 were now hanging from the overpass. Noose stood atop the fence of the overpass, a strip of ducttape pulled out in her hands. 

Back at the square, crews were now at the screen where the banner hung, finally getting through the various traffic and news crews. It would be as far as they got, before the seventh name down was struck through by a thick line of ductape. Another name crossed off The Hangwoman's list in front of everybody. Two in the same day. Two in the same hour.  

Hesh was calmly walking the streets with a bored look on his face because nothing was happening, then suddenly a large explosion was heard and his frown turned into a wide grin as he ran towards the flood of people escaping to get into this mess and have some fun.

When he got there he saw an exploded fire truck, he then moved around it to find two people... One that happend to have a rocket launcher ''This seems fun...'' he said laughing shortly at the end while sitting down away from the fire to wait until either someone noticed him or the fight begun.

As Hooligan was offering the monocle man a pickle the voice in his head noticed another man watching them. "Hey Hooligan," said the voice in his head, "There's someone watching us."

"So?" said Hooligan, "why should I care?"

"You should care because, unlike everyone else, he's not trying to get away from the fire."

"That is odd. Let's find out why." Hooligan put the jar of pickles back in his bag and handed the rocket launcher over to the monocle wearing man, "here you go good sir," said Hooligan pulling down his mask, "feel free to blow up something." Hooligan teleported in front of the man in the green shirt who was watching him. "I see you're not running from the fire," Hooligan said to the stranger, "that either means you're blind and death or you don't mind a bit of destruction. Hopefully it's the latter. My name's Hooligan by the way," he said while pulling out the pickles from his bag. He offered the jar to the stranger, "want one?"

Edited by Dapper Charmer

@@Literally Snails

"Yea, you better be sorry," Shade said. Right then an explosion shook the area and the robot decided to fly off. "Damn, I could have used his help with this job, oh well, more money for me," Shade said to himself before continuing his stroll.

@@Denim&Venom

As he walked, there was a commotion at the square, seemed like a crowd had gathered. Everyone was gawking at a giant list with several names printed on it. One of them, looked familiar...

Shade took out his wanted poster and looked at the list. "No it can't be..." He double checked, triple checked. "Why you stinkin' bastard! You took my kill! Whoever this is is going to see the smoking end of my guns!" Shade shouted. He ran through the crowd towards the poster, pushing and shoving his way through. People were pushing back but when most saw the guns, they began to back away. 

Shade soon reached below the banner. He shouted over the crowd, "Whoever you are, I'm going to get you for stealin' my kill! You better show your face or this banner will be toast!"

As Hooligan was offering the monocle man a pickle the voice in his head noticed another man watching them. "Hey Hooligan," said the voice in his head, "There's someone watching us."

"So?" said Hooligan, "why should I care?"

"You should care because, unlike everyone else, he's not trying to get away from the fire."

"That is odd. Let's find out why." Hooligan put the jar of pickles back in his bag and handed the rocket launcher over to the monocle wearing man, "here you go good sir," said Hooligan pulling down his mask, "feel free to blow up something." Hooligan teleported in front of the man in the green shirt who was watching him. "I see you're not running from the fire," Hooligan said to the stranger, "that either means you're blind and death or you don't mind a bit of destruction. Hopefully it's the latter. My name's Hooligan by the way," he said while pulling out the pickles from his bag. He offered the jar to the stranger, "want one?"

Hesh looked at him just appearing infront of him ''teleportation... eh? And no thank you, I'm not in the mood for eating. Name's Hesh though.'' He looked at the burning hunk of metal ''So you were the one to blow this place up? Must say i'm impressed by your choice of force when destroying things'' he then scratched the back of his head ''Wonder if there is someone who wants to spend some time fighting these days... Ah, kind of miss the old factory now'' he spoke to himself as he remembered the days. He looked at the burning metal once again ''What kind of rocket did you use? Really interested in that'' he then looked away to activate his eyes causing them to change in colour, ofcourse he was just preparing himself for something he had been waiting for.