Who's the most relatable character to you?

Nylon

It doesn't have to be one of the mane 6 if it isn't. Heck, even I have some projections to Twilight's brother, Shining Armor. I too am dorky, and a bit dopey, and a lot of the time appear to fail at things but in the end I still seem to be a very lucky person to have very lucky things in my life like the kind of friends, job, family, and many other things yet I still maintain enough confidence in myself.

So what about you? Who do you relate to the most and why?

• Brohoof 1

Sunset Shimmer; her story is one of forgiveness, growth, and acceptance. Sunset was an enemy flat out in the first Equestria Girls, but now has become a full on main character in the series; her stories are the most compelling, in my opinion. Sunset is broken, and constantly seeking acceptance knowing what she did was wrong, and struggling to move on with herself after making a huge mistake, something we all probably have done, and sometimes struggle with. Letting things go, and moving out of that darkness that consumes her really makes Sunset seem relatable; and in friendship games, when she openly yells at Sci-Twi, it is obvious that she still has a bit of her mean girl brashness to her.

She is a pretty awesome character.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight for me, I've got a lot of pressure put on me academically, we both are a bit crazy about perfectionism and everything being just right, and we'd both be much less of ourselves if it weren't for our friends.

I would say Twilight as well, because I'm actually pretty nerdy and OCD. Always trying to find my place in the world, kind of like how she does with being a princess and all. Well, before she got her castle!

Lemon Zest is the character (not much of a pony) but Lemon Zest and I have a very close personality.

In terms of ponies, most likely Twilight because I do nothing but research things like WW2, 9/11, and other things that interest me.

Edited by Zach

Sunset Shimmer. Mainly because she reminds so much of myself.
Her and I are still learning so much about friendship, and what it means to be a good friend. :sunny: Unlike her though, I really don't really have any friends IRL to teach me. We both have trust issues, and are kind of socially un-confident because we've always been selfish. We mean well, but our past gets in the way. I like how even through all this, she's still determined to change herself, even though it can get pretty bad sometimes. She's an inspiration to me, and I really look up to her.

:sunshower: Some traits I really admire about her:

I really like her mane.
I like her redemption story.
I really like how smart she is.
How she keeps her call under stress.
How adorkable she is.
Her awesome cutie mark.
How she can be the voice of reason.
The way she learns about friendship.
Her sense of intuition.

Twilight Sparkle, but especially Sci-Twi. Her and I just seem to have so much in common.

We're both smart people, but we're also a little bit socially awkward, we tend to stay really focused on whatever project we want to get done, we also normally excel in school, and we both don't really have any real interest in sport. Oh, and we both wear glasses and have a pet of some kind.

• Brohoof 1

The character with I can relate the most is Fluttershy. We're both very shy, we love animals, we are (too) kind and quiet. Add on, we're both easily scared xD

But my personnality isn't exactly like Fluttershy's, I'm like Twilight too, especially the human's world Twilight (We love both books and learning, and we don't have friends, we prefer focus on studies. Add on, we hate competitions and sports ^^) Furthermore, I know it will looks weird but I can relate with Maud pie, because I almost can't smile, except when I'm laughing (I promise it's not that I don't want, it's that I just can't xD), and because I never show my emotions. We are both totally inexpressive xD 

Definitely Pinkie Pie.

I'm pretty quiet around people I don't know because I'm trying to figure out who is friend material and who is best avoided.  But once I'm comfortable around you, the joking and endless chatter begins.

I like making people laugh and usually try to cheer my friends up with jokes and pestering when they're mad.  Sometimes I come off as annoying but that's just how I am.  

Probably Twilight (INTJ/P here, for what that's worth), or at least that's the closest.

If I'm honest, there hasn't been a huge amount of reasonance for me in MLP; my reasons for watching the show mostly lie elsewhere. I tend to see the occational sliver of similarity, but I'm too individualistly/independantly minded and/or haven't been through much of the issues portrayed to really connect in the same way others do.

• 1 month later...

For me the character that I relate the most to would have to be Rainbow Dash.  Similar characteristics that we share are that we're both speed demons, can't stand slowpokes, have really big dreams, can be a little brash and abrasive every now and then, but most importantly are extremely loyal to those closest to us.  Rainbow in all honesty seems like my pony twin.