Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Ask Anypony On A Date

Octavia's Bow

You know, you could always go the "make five friends, find magical artifacts, then blast her with magical rainbow" route to redeem her. Or just let the mane six do that

Well at the end of the movie, they don't reform. Their power is destroyed but they themselves are just sort of neutralized, not really redeemed the same way Sunset was.

Though, I must admit, that actually brings up some sticky issues with free will and all. It would be interesting to see her try to be redeemed with nothing more than conversation and non-forceful interaction.   My view on her is that she's been hurt too much, so she's put up walls thicker than China's, and refuses to have any soft emotions anymore, just becoming devoted to the concept of being a powerful, magnificent, feared being. "If they won't love me, I'll teach them to fear me, instead!" sort of deal.

I see. Interesting interpretation. Except I don't really buy that she's been hurt. Adagio just seems to want power for it's own sake, she never really does anything speaking of how she's been hurt in the past. I mean you can play it like that, I just don't see it in the character as portrayed.

Let me lay it on how I think this should go. Ezekiel is a new student at Canterlot High so the Dazzling's initial "Battle of the Bands" thing doesn't really effect him. Oh it gets him pumped up to kick ass, but instead of music, he directs his efforts to the martial arts club. But because he's not actually at anyone's throats and actually takes a non-hypnotic liking to Adagio, she would see that as a way to exploit him.

From there it's just a question if the act remains an act by the movie's end.

What do you think? 

Well at the end of the movie, they don't reform. Their power is destroyed but they themselves are just sort of neutralized, not really redeemed the same way Sunset was.

I see. Interesting interpretation. Except I don't really buy that she's been hurt. Adagio just seems to want power for it's own sake, she never really does anything speaking of how she's been hurt in the past. I mean you can play it like that, I just don't see it in the character as portrayed.

Let me lay it on how I think this should go. Ezekiel is a new student at Canterlot High so the Dazzling's initial "Battle of the Bands" thing doesn't really effect him. Oh it gets him pumped up to kick ass, but instead of music, he directs his efforts to the martial arts club. But because he's not actually at anyone's throats and actually takes a non-hypnotic liking to Adagio, she would see that as a way to exploit him.

From there it's just a question if the act remains an act by the movie's end.

What do you think? 

Derp, sorry, I was getting you mixed up with the other fellow who's lining up to date Nightmare Moon - I was talking about NMM, not Adagio  :blush:

Seems interesting, my one question, though, is why he isn't effected by the siren's song. The Elements of Harmony were resistant, but even they began to crack after awhile. Nobody else in the entire school who heard the music was able to resist the influence. I don't know if being a new student really covers it well enough. Vinyl got by by never hearing the music with her earbuds/earphones.

Derp, sorry, I was getting you mixed up with the other fellow who's lining up to date Nightmare Moon - I was talking about NMM, not Adagio  :blush:

Seems interesting, my one question, though, is why he isn't effected by the siren's song. The Elements of Harmony were resistant, but even they began to crack after awhile. Nobody else in the entire school who heard the music was able to resist the influence. I don't know if being a new student really covers it well enough. Vinyl got by by never hearing the music with her earbuds/earphones.

Well there music was meant to enflare and drive conflict and negative emotions between friends. As a new student with no friends, it wouldn't effect him. If that's not enough, he could just be a new student who started attending after said cafeteria blowout and he meets them the next day.

Would that work better?

Well there music was meant to enflare and drive conflict and negative emotions between friends. As a new student with no friends, it wouldn't effect him. If that's not enough, he could just be a new student who started attending after said cafeteria blowout and he meets them the next day.

Would that work better?

Aye. That's just what I was thinking, actually. However, should you go this route without adding anything else to it, you will still be effected by Siren's Song in the future.

Aye. That's just what I was thinking, actually. However, should you go this route without adding anything else to it, you will still be effected by Siren's Song in the future.

Well what can I do exactly that isn't outright magical?

Strong Copper,

I'm so glad you picked Zecora as a possible love interest!  I'm eager to see how this goes, as I share your feelings about her.  I wish you the best of luck with the rhyming zebra!!!  :D

Octavia,

I sent you a PM about playing a second character in the game.  If that's acceptable and she's available, I'd like my OC Smoking Mirror to go for Fluttershy!

SD

P.S. -- >  Just got your PM regarding the matter.  Never mind!  :D

Edited by Script Dangles
  • Brohoof 1

And the ball is rolling. Decided that Zecora needs a little love in the end (She doesn't seem to get all that much attention, poor zebra).

Alrighty then. Go for it.

Strong Copper,

I'm so glad you picked Zecora as a possible love interest!  I'm eager to see how this goes, as I share your feelings about her.  I wish you the best of luck with the rhyming zebra!!!  :D

Octavia,

I sent you a PM about playing a second character in the game.  If that's acceptable and she's available, I'd like my OC Smoking Mirror to go for Fluttershy!

SD

I'll keep it in mind, but how about we just stick to the one for now. We've already got a lot going on... (>///<)'(\ Sorry....

• Brohoof 3

Well what can I do exactly that isn't outright magical?

1. Accept that you'll get effected by it.

2. Maybe if your character is extremely self-cognizant and introspective, to the point of being a major, almost even a defining character trait (think: Zecora, Tree Hugger, most deep-thinking or monk-type characters), then I'd take that as something to make you not immune, but able to recognize and stave off the emotions. It's not magic, it's just you'd be able to recognize that something is wrong with these fighty feelings suddenly coming over you, and thus you could question them and refuse to validate/act on them.

I mean, you wouldn't have to be a Tibbetan monk, but you would at least have to be a very, very slow-to-act, and thoughtful character. Tree Hugger is an excellent example of a character who isn't a monk, but probably has enough introspection to fight off such an influence. Without her Element, but with her exact same character, Fluttershy would be on the border of what I'd consider a character who can fight the influence; she has some introspection, but what she lacks there she makes up for in her extreme pacifism (her defining trait) and calmness.

At the same time, though, it is best to try to stick to a pony-avatar/ponysona/ponyvar, rather than a not-yourself OC, so unless you are into zen, meditation, or introspection and stuff, you might could just go with 1.

• Brohoof 1

At the same time, though, it is best to try to stick to a pony-avatar/ponysona/ponyvar, rather than a not-yourself OC, so unless you are into zen, meditation, or introspection and stuff, you might could just go with 1.

Actually, Ezekiel IS into those very things and he is my self insert ponysona, as I actually do meditate and partake in heavy introspection in real life.

So A ) good God man! You're a mind reader! What color am I thinking of?! B ) That sounds pretty good. 

Can blind dates be a thing? Cause it's already awkward for an OC to meet a cannon character considering they've never met prior to that. 

Care to explain what you mean by that a little better?

Okay, I'm here. Wilhelm, as per usual, is in my signature.

Okay, I'll add you to the front page.

Care to explain what you mean by that a little better?

Well normally, when two people go out on a date, they know each other. It would be weird for a total stranger to ask someone out on a date. Even stalkerish if they know everything about them, but not the other way around. That's how it would work between a cannon character and an OC. The OC knows everything cause we know everything. The cannon pony would know nothing about the OC. 

And this isn't a "let's get mutually acquainted over time" RP. We're skipping straight to the date. So to simplify things in context of the game, we have my OC and a pony of my choice get together on a blind date. We still RP. They get to know eachother. 

• Brohoof 2

Okay, i couldn't be active, nor concentrated in the last RP due to school-exam-stress- stuff. However i feel like a well-oiled typing machine now ready to pump some posts =p

So if i would get another chance ^^

<---View prof pic for 'luv interest' .... or sig... or profile.... guess its pretty obv =p

• Brohoof 1

Well normally, when two people go out on a date, they know each other. It would be weird for a total stranger to ask someone out on a date. Even stalkerish if they know everything about them, but not the other way around. That's how it would work between a cannon character and an OC. The OC knows everything cause we know everything. The cannon pony would know nothing about the OC. 

And this isn't a "let's get mutually acquainted over time" RP. We're skipping straight to the date. So to simplify things in context of the game, we have my OC and a pony of my choice get together on a blind date. We still RP. They get to know eachother.

Sure, why not.

Okay, i couldn't be active, nor concentrated in the last RP due to school-exam-stress- stuff. However i feel like a well-oiled typing machine now ready to pump some posts =p

<---View prof pic for 'luv interest' .... or sig... or profile.... guess its pretty obv =p

Go for it. I'll review later.

Is this still gonna happen? Cause I already forgot about it till just now.

Yeah. We're both college kids pressed for time, but we've got our date set for tommorrow. Hopefully we'll meet that. It's a bit difficult, because for some reason this doesn't pop up in my content page.

You're good.

Also, I need posts from Orion, Lordav, and Steel. 

Steel because I think you decided Adagio?

Lordav because it's been, like, a solid month.

Orion because I don't really remember you responding to the last thing I did in the other page set.

• Brohoof 2