Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Ask Anypony On A Date

Octavia's Bow

Yeah. We're both college kids pressed for time, but we've got our date set for tommorrow. Hopefully we'll meet that. It's a bit difficult, because for some reason this doesn't pop up in my content page.

This. If it makes you feel any better, this is a single term paper and I'm writing about special and general relativity and cool stuff in them. Picture a cute Twilight being busy with many things, and imagine that's me. Or maybe Comet Tail. Either way, hopefully that'll help, lol :P

thumb.jpeg

If it's any more consolation, the paper's first draft is due tomorrow at 1pm, and I'll have time from 2:15 until about 5pm. We'll see if I can get some replies written in that time slot. If not, Friday, or possibly even just really late tomorrow evening.

I might could even share the draft if anyone's interested. I know I would be. Ever wonder if warp drives could be possible? That's the question I'm getting at. Spoilers: the answer is a strong, definite, maybe (highlight for text). The fun challenge is I have to write it so people who aren't familiar with relativity can read it... :P

I have but Comet hasn't gotten back to me on the final details. I was just waiting for him. 

Oh, sorry, I've missed something. What details do you need? I was offering some options, I take it you went the "zen" route, right? I mean, I know that, I'm just wondering what questions are left, here.

Anyways, I kinda figured that might be the case considering your character so far. It's a pretty happy thing that you're that kind of person: it's that kind of person it takes to do what you want to do.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, sorry, I've missed something. What details do you need? I was offering some options, I take it you went the "zen" route, right? I mean, I know that, I'm just wondering what questions are left, here.   Anyways, I kinda figured that might be the case considering your character so far. It's a pretty happy thing that you're that kind of person: it's that kind of person it takes to do what you want to do.

No questions left, I was just waiting for you to get back to me on confirming that method as being the one we agreed upon doing. I suppose then, now would be a good time for me to post in the actual thread? 

No questions left, I was just waiting for you to get back to me on confirming that method as being the one we agreed upon doing. I suppose then, now would be a good time for me to post in the actual thread? 

Yepperdoodles. You are "go" for launch :P

• Brohoof 1

We are very, very behind. Unfortunately, Comet had a paper draft due about an hour ago, and I think he's got more stuff after that. It's coming, just not, like, fast.

Now we are just a little behind. Because I did some stuff. But we's still behind. So, you know, wield your excitements with caution.

We are very, very behind. Unfortunately, Comet had a paper draft due about an hour ago, and I think he's got more stuff after that. It's coming, just not, like, fast.

Now we are just a little behind. Because I did some stuff. But we's still behind. So, you know, wield your excitements with caution.

Sorry, just wondering. I hope there isn't too much stress on you all.
  • Brohoof 1

@@Comet Tail,

Posted just to let you know. I know you are busy. 

Aye. Thanks. Sorry I'm not here more! ^^;

Assuming my roommates don't ponynap me off on some adventure this evening, I'll get to writing these replies as first priority. And if they try to ponynap me I'll tell them I've got to do this, and we can go adventuring tomorrow morning instead :P

• Brohoof 1

Aye. Thanks. Sorry I'm not here more! ^^;

Assuming my roommates don't ponynap me off on some adventure this evening, I'll get to writing these replies as first priority. And if they try to ponynap me I'll tell them I've got to do this, and we can go adventuring tomorrow morning instead :P

As I said, I know you guys are busy so don't sweat it.

I'm finally writing!  :squee:

Actually, Ezekiel IS into those very things and he is my self insert ponysona, as I actually do meditate and partake in heavy introspection in real life.

So A ) good God man! You're a mind reader! What color am I thinking of?! B ) That sounds pretty good. 

Oh, and by the way, are you thinking of black and white?

Didnt u say it was like... from zero =p

It can be.

Just to make sure, you do understand that this means that you can continue from your previous posts if you like (like I and Orion are doing), or start from scratch. I see you've already posted in the RP thread - would you like to start again from there or continue with your previous posts from the old thread?

For now, we'll go with the assumption that this is post Rainbow-Rocks, but Pre-Friendship Games. The reason for that, is during Friendship Games Sunset was obviously preoccupied, and afterwards, we still have some fallout and unresolved things that doubtlessly the next movie will cover (For example, both the Twilights meeting). By being in-between the two we can kind of work in a place that's a bit more canonically solidified and won't have our work de-canonized by the next movie :P

Funny, though. I'm back during Season 1 with Twilight as the new librarian in Ponyville, we've got another pony dating Princess Twilight, so at earliest Season 5 Twi, and we've got Steel dating Adagio during Rainbow Rocks, and now in addition we have this happening before Rainbow Rocks.

Fortunately, I'm somewhat familiar with making time paradoxes and such work. The simplest way to work this is to say these are all independent, but otherwise identical universes being altered at different points in time :P (To be clear, I'm not complaining, I just find it kind of funny/entertaining/interesting/cool/odd/etc.)

Hey, @Octavia's Bow,

Maybe we should stick a note on the first post here saying that we'll assume/default to the canonical universe as of the current episode, which means we just had Nightmare Night a week ago, and everyone will be in this same universe unless they request otherwise. Me and Steel will be in our own little worlds due to timeline necessity (unless you decide to throw me a wormhole or something :P ), and so to be fair anyone can request otherwise, but unless they do, it's MLP Canon as of Season 5 Episode 21 (and maybe we'll headcanon that the showing order of the episodes is off a little, and the Apples are currently only planning to visit the Pies for Hearth's Warming, but haven't yet), meaning in-universe they just had Nightmare Night last Saturday.

That begs the question of updating our canon with the show's canon? I say neigh, since we're moving at a much slower rate than the show is, and it'll help keep things consistent better. Now that we have these OC's interacting with canon characters, this is now a branch-off universe where their actions influence the world.

Edited by Comet Tail
  • Brohoof 1

Actually orange was the color I was thinking of but that guess was worth a shot. 

lol, drat.

If I might unpack that, I meant a sort of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead idea of more going on in the story proper that we don't see. That perhaps the Dazzlings want a sort of "enforcer" for tasks that their magic can't provide and a karate club captain would fit that. The canon events don't have to change, just that Adagio would slowly "warm up" behind the scenes.

Okay, I know I'm late to this party, but I'm very, very glad to meet someone else who's read/knows about this story. Studied it for a few weeks, at least, in AP Engl. Lit. in high school. I found a number of things interesting about it, a few funny/neat things (like the question game), but also some things irked me. Just take note; if you and Adagio are on a boat, and are delivering a letter to a foreign king, and you find out that the letter has orders from your home royalty to have you both executed - I know hanging out is a good way to bond, but - don't deliver the letter as is. Yes, technically what's going to happen is going to happen by definition, but just because the future exists doesn't mean you have no influence over it. Truly, being overly philosophical to the point of disconnecting yourself from reality can kill (though I guess you're already dead if you're "disconnected from reality," right?).

Well normally, when two people go out on a date, they know each other. It would be weird for a total stranger to ask someone out on a date. Even stalkerish if they know everything about them, but not the other way around. That's how it would work between a cannon character and an OC. The OC knows everything cause we know everything. The cannon pony would know nothing about the OC. 

And this isn't a "let's get mutually acquainted over time" RP. We're skipping straight to the date. So to simplify things in context of the game, we have my OC and a pony of my choice get together on a blind date. We still RP. They get to know eachother. 

Depends on the people and the cultural norms. It's not too far out there to ask a stranger on a date after nothing more than a brief conversation. There's a song about it and I've done it before - turned out decently enough. But people here at BYU are pretty nice, so that's probably part of why that worked. Fortunately, ponies in Equestria are, too.

While we don't know a whole bunch about the characters, honestly, we do know a good bit more than you would've heard about them - but many of the lead characters are national heroes and/or just big enough figures that it wouldn't be too unusual to know a bit about them, especially if you have a reason to. But just about any pony in ponyville could know about as much about Cherilee as we do without Cherilee knowing them, for example. It wouldn't be too odd for some stranger to know she's the local middle school teacher and a kind one at that. Starts getting a little unusual if they know she had a relationship with Big Mac at one point... But not too odd. He did pull a building through town, after all, and they made an impression on the Cakes' ("I'm all for romance, but these two have just been staring at eachother for hours... Well, I guess they'll be planning a wedding, soon, we could always use the catering!" - Mrs. Cup Cake) :P

I dunno if many of the canon characters would be too into a blind dating service, though.

Just be creative about it. I was returning some books, wanted to poke around the library for some new ones (libraries = pre-internet wikipedia), noticed the telescope, and asked about it, discovered similar interests... Then some adventurous stuff came in, but even if it hadn't, could've probably played off the similar interests to plan a date, heh.

Well i would like to give this a blast with my OC Ticktock Starblast (no pun intended) and i would like to go for... Rainbow Dash but if you think there is a better character for Ticktock i will give it a go. :)

Mmmm, slight problem with your post, m8. Rainbow doesn't canonically have a friend named "Ticktock Starblast." We could easily enough say you're in the Rainbow Dash fan club, though.

Also, there's a lot of little grammatical errors in your post in the main thread - missing quotation marks (was that supposed to be a thought, or talking to himself?), a lack of paragraph breaks where there should be some, and run-on sentences. Try reading what you write and see if that's really how you'd say it if you were talking. For example: Would you say "I walked out the warehouse" or "I walked out [of] the warehouse"?

Also, I'm gonna give you an extra chance to add an action while I write these other replies, 'cause... Well, if you're looking to talk to someone, going to town is a good first step, but you've also got to specifically look for them. If I knew some girl named Rachel, for example, and was in her fan club, and I wanted to hang out with her, I'd probably look for her, rather than simply going to campus and assuming she'd hunt me down for some reason.

@@Night Lance

@@Orion Caelum

@@Octavia's Bow

Hmm... I'm going to have to decide how to work chronology, here... Luna can only be in one place at once. Working at two different points in time would be fine, except that that would make it impossible for anything one of you does to effect the others' date in a sensical way, or for you two to ever directly interact. Orion is already with Luna, so we could either

A ) make it so Luna doesn't show back up at her home until later, or

B ) roll with the dangerous assumption that whatever happens during her date doesn't effect her interaction with Night Lance at all, though I personally find that somewhat unrealistic, especially if we assume this is the same night and she's on her way back from the "dinner" when she encounters the latter.

Interestingly enough, a third option comes to mind. I'm kinda meh on the idea of it being canon, but we could adopt it for the sake of allowing the RP to roll nicely:

C ) Luna actually can be in two places at once, using the same magic she used to turn into the Shadowbolts while Nightmare Moon in S1E02. My headcanon is that she can't - those were basically just illusory puppets, but for the sake of the RP we could adopt this if both of you really want to. She wouldn't be aware of her other copy's activities until they later re-combine.

Personally I'm leaning towards A, but I'd like to hear your and Octavia's Bow's thoughts on it.

Next up... @Steel Accord. I'll re-watch Rainbow Rocks right now to get Adagio in my head then write this. Yay for no issues with writing your reply! :P

Edited by Comet Tail

I submitted the form for my OC. I changed it from Grape Soda to Blueberry Bubbles by the way, I thought it would be more fitting. https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/blueberry-bubbles-r9003

I'll take it. Welcome to our forums! ^.^ Feel free to make your first post.

@@Comet Tail,

I mean, we can... but I just had it as 'a beautiful day'... 

I'll take it. Welcome to our forums! ^.^ Feel free to make your first post.

@@Comet Tail,

I mean, we can... but I just had it as 'a beautiful day'... 

I have failed(,) senpai. For all the reading up and research I've done to try to be in the loop on everything, I do not know what "had it as 'a beautiful day'..." means...

twilight_sparkle_6_by_xpesifeindx-d5fvf3

Edited by Comet Tail

Mmmm, slight problem with your post, m8. Rainbow doesn't canonically have a friend named "Ticktock Starblast." We could easily enough say you're in the Rainbow Dash fan club, though. Also, there's a lot of little grammatical errors in your post in the main thread - missing quotation marks (was that supposed to be a thought, or talking to himself?), a lack of paragraph breaks where there should be some, and run-on sentences. Try reading what you write and see if that's really how you'd say it if you were talking. For example: Would you say "I walked out the warehouse" or "I walked out [of] the warehouse"? Also, I'm gonna give you an extra chance to add an action while I write these other replies, 'cause... Well, if you're looking to talk to someone, going to town is a good first step, but you've also got to specifically look for them. If I knew some girl named Rachel, for example, and was in her fan club, and I wanted to hang out with her, I'd probably look for her, rather than simply going to campus and assuming she'd hunt me down for some reason.

Ok sorry i'll get to work on that :(

Ok I've made changes, how is it now? I fixed everything I can the rest is just down to my bad English skills XD I cant use punctuation for the life of me... or spell that good either.

Edited by Skylord Nexus

I have failed(,) senpai. For all the reading up and research I've done to try to be in the loop on everything, I do not know what "had it as 'a beautiful day'..." means...

sig-4199943.twilight_sparkle_6_by_xpesif

Beautiful day: a day with a comforting atmosphere, with the environmental qualities considered when making a statement such as "what a nice day."

Beautiful day: a day with a comforting atmosphere, with the environmental qualities considered when making a statement such as "what a nice day."

Oh, I assumed you were referring to some method of dealing with the chronology problem I brought up with two people dating the same pony :P

Ok sorry i'll get to work on that :(

Ok I've made changes, how is it now? I fixed everything I can the rest is just down to my bad English skills XD I cant use punctuation for the life of me... or spell that good either.

Those skills can be learned with time; it's well enough for now. Very nice. I think I know what to write for ya already. This will be great *sinister laughter*

Now that I've read a bit into it, I see what you mean. Traditionally, we've rolled with the B option. However, if you would like to perform the A option, I think it would be alright. Go for it.