Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Ask Anypony On A Date

Octavia's Bow

But hey, if you want to try to date Nightmare Moon, go ahead. Only caveat is, hard mode has been enabled: she will reply realistically. I know fans love to imagine that villains are just sweeties at heart or whatever, but you know what? Cold hard reality is gonna hurt if you think Nightmare Moon is gonna blush and accept an invitation and be a nice date. No sirrie, she's probably going to laugh, possibly belittle you, and at the very best, keep you around as amusement, at worst, have you imprisoned, beaten, or worse for even considering her as an equal as opposed to a queen to reign over everypony.

But you know what? Being successful isn't impossible; it's just ludicrously unlikely (and that's not Hollywood's "a million to one really means it's going to happen," it's actually super unlikely), but I'll be darned if I wouldn't be extremely impressed, so much so that I'd honestly love to RP it if not just to watch how Nightmare Moon handles a helpless lover, haha.

From what you reveal here I assume that my oc will be thrown into a romantic tug of war against all odds; even in spite of the relevant facts of this being the second roleplay I've ever been involved in, the dire chance of typos appearing due to being a non-native speaker and that the 'team' to overcome will be composed by an experienced and well-versed duo of individuals?

Golly, I'm so in. No pain no gain after all.

Though I suppose that I will only be able to join in a few weeks. Apologies if that proves itself as a predicament.

Edited by Shadow Beam
  • Brohoof 1

During?

If I might unpack that, I meant a sort of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead idea of more going on in the story proper that we don't see. That perhaps the Dazzlings want a sort of "enforcer" for tasks that their magic can't provide and a karate club captain would fit that. The canon events don't have to change, just that Adagio would slowly "warm up" behind the scenes.

Uhm... Don't mean to be rude or inpatient but just wanted to know if I'm accepted or not (since I'm going to bed soon, I may still have time to write a first post)

Edited by Pucksterv

Uhm... Don't mean to be rude or inpatient but just wanted to know if I'm accepted or not (since I'm going to bed soon, I may still have time to write a first post)

I'ma give it a thumbs up. Just know that if you time travel, you may see some very interesting changes in what goes down.

From what you reveal here I assume that my oc will be thrown into a romantic tug of war against all odds; even in spite of the relevant facts of this being the second roleplay I've ever been involved in, the dire chance of typos appearing due to being a non-native speaker and that the 'team' to overcome will be composed by an experienced and well-versed duo of individuals?

Golly, I'm so in. No pain no gain after all.

Though I suppose that I will only be able to join in a few weeks. Apologies if that proves itself as a predicament.

Hmm, I suppose the tug-of-war bit would depend on who you go for. As for your grasp on English, I would put forward that your style of linguistics does not produce any disturbing trends that I would bring the hammer down on. However, your insistence on formality and the particular diction you have laid down lend to a very fanciful image in my mind. You are an interesting individual.

• Brohoof 2

I'ma give it a thumbs up. Just know that if you time travel, you may see some very interesting changes in what goes down.

I wasn't planning on using The Time Travel Spell since it takes an enormous amount of Trivy's energy. However, it could make things interesting. I'll think about it, may or may not use it the future (or past :P). I shall begin my first post!

Alright posted! Hope it's not too long, guess I got a little too excited  :blush:  :squee:

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm, I suppose the tug-of-war bit would depend on who you go for. As for your grasp on English, I would put forward that your style of linguistics does not produce any disturbing trends that I would bring the hammer down on. However, your insistence on formality and the particular diction you have laid down lend to a very fanciful image in my mind. You are an interesting individual.

Allow me to protest to that. I'm merely what I call a 'linguistic tryhard', which means that I'm prone to utilizing the most obscure and intricate vocabulary possible just to brand it into my skull, and which also means that I might use them in contexts where they may be found highly unnecessary. Even though there may exist an isolated spark of inspiration far and between my posts, it's not truly something to remark.

Not even joking. There was a time where I would use 'forsooth' in a common manner. Hell, I just did it and I didn't even realize.

(Oh, and the 'tug of war' part was due to the fact that I'm considering being battered by Nightmare Moon for ze giggles)

Edited by Shadow Beam

I hope like to sign Strong Copper here up for a date, through I'm not quite sure whom to try and set him up with. Arriving at Ponyville, he would be most inclined to speak with Twilight, Fluttershy or Zecora in order to discuss the local Fauna from the Everfree Forest and other surrounding areas like the Froggy Bottom Bogg.

Hey, everyone's starting fresh - I was under the impression we were continuing our current story, though. Are we continuing our current arcs? I'd hate to start from scratch with mine. Except, I dunno, I think if we are wiping the slate clean I'd consider going for Celestia, if not partially for the fun of the challenge. I expect it to take multiple attempts - and hopefully I don't end up with a restraining order from a princess :P That is, if we are forcing clean slates. If not, then I'll be rather happy to continue with Twi.

This rp seems rather interesting and fun. I would like to sign up with my character Trivy (age depends on rp so maybe she'll be like 20 or something) if I may  :) And I would like her to go after Twilight if she isn't taken yet. (I know, way out of Trivy's league but I like a challenge)

I suddenly am once again happy about the fact that I happened to end up with Pre-princess Twilight. Timeline shenanigans; date past pony different from future pony and viola'! Two of same pony.

@@Octavia's Bow,

So here's a challenge I issue to you. How about Adagio Dazzle? Yes, during the events of Rainbow Rocks.

During? Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, Comet, care to weigh in? I would have a problem in that it's not a particular personality I'm good at simulating.

Mmmm, maybe. Personality-wise she's rather like Chrysalis in a number of ways; a villain who masterminds things and is in charge of a group, and uses members of the group as tools in her cause. Also they're non-humans (humans? Close enough, we'll call them human) in a world of humans. May not have too much an issue of that, though, seeing as Sparity is a thing and they're from Equestria. The harder part to get over would be the manipulative immortal who sees others as tools thing.

[...]

===

Also, just re-posting my character page here: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/comet-tail-r6980

I was afraid you'd miss that, what with the bars and it blending in with my sig links and all.

Don't forget to plop it on the front page post :P

Allow me to protest to that. I'm merely what I call a 'linguistic tryhard', which means that I'm prone to utilizing the most obscure and intricate vocabulary possible just to brand it into my skull, and which also means that I might use them in contexts where they may be found highly unnecessary. Even though there may exist an isolated spark of inspiration far and between my posts, it's not truly something to remark.

Not even joking. There was a time where I would use 'forsooth' in a common manner. Hell, I just did it and I didn't even realize.

(Oh, and the 'tug of war' part was due to the fact that I'm considering being battered by Nightmare Moon for ze giggles)

Well, let me tell ya what; honestly, I think talking all fancy like that is actually going to really help your case. Nightmare Moon has style; that's honestly why she's my favorite villain. She really seems to have a sense of class and grace. I love that about her, makes her a cool villain. But anyways; it's going to make you stand out from the crowd. It gives you an air of refinement and class that sets you above "the unwashed commonponies" of Equestria. So you're at a good start. I'd further advise: impress her, show her that you can be useful to her, and most of all; show that you'll be loyal to her. She doubtlessly feels betrayed by Celestia, and so it's going to be extremely hard to earn her trust, but at the same time she's going to want to trust somepony, even if she's too afraid to (or more accurately in her mind: "knows better" than to, as that fool, Luna, did). She's also going to want respect and admiration.

Lots of respect.

Starting off by asking for a date would not be advisable; you'd want to build some other kind of relationship first, one where you're her ally and the closest thing a tyrant has to a friend. Context is going to be important. Under what circumstances could one even approach Nightmare Moon? Her existence was a short one: from Luna finally cracking at Celestia, fighting her, then banished - to returning a thousand years later, trying to stop the mane 6 from getting The Elements of Harmony, and boom, Luna again. So we'd probably need some sort of alternate timeline; whether outside circumstances have her live longer, or you, directly, somehow stop the mane six. Hah... Good luck with that. But that would be one way to earn Nightmare Moon's trust.

nightmare_moon_by_fantazyme-d5ba1d5.jpg

Also, for the sake of making the world not end in only a few days, we could maybe say that she changes moonlight so that plants can grow under it, and makes some sort of bioluminescent flower grow that generates warmth so the world doesn't freeze then starve.

Oh, and getting beat by her is one way to lose her respect; so I'd very much advise against letting that happen.

I... am SO not reading all that. Dawneh's tl:dr, DON'T LET COMET DO YOUR VILLAIN DATES. xD (You could end up needing a new ponysona.) Although he gives me an interesting idea.

Is it bad I thought he was pink? Woopsie, way-2-go colorblind.

I see no problems with your post. When the page comes up, be ready.

Aww. Can I still write NMM if someone dates her, and they're fine with me writing her, though? :P

• Brohoof 3

Hey, everyone's starting fresh - I was under the impression we were continuing our current story, though. Are we continuing our current arcs? I'd hate to start from scratch with mine. Except, I dunno, I think if we are wiping the slate clean I'd consider going for Celestia, if not partially for the fun of the challenge. I expect it to take multiple attempts - and hopefully I don't end up with a restraining order from a princess :P That is, if we are forcing clean slates. If not, then I'll be rather happy to continue with Twi.

Well, I'm all new to this so I have no idea what went on in the last rp, I wouldnt mind if we 'wipe the slate clean'. If not, where do I find the previous rp so I can catch up a bit?

• Brohoof 1

I'm caught up on everyone's posts.  And I'm enjoying them immensely!  I especially liked yours, Puck!  :D

Also, I've changed my screen name to "Script Dangles".  If you would be so kind as to update the main page with that change, Octavia, I'd appreciate it!

Edited by Script Dangles
  • Brohoof 1

Well, let me tell ya what; honestly, I think talking all fancy like that is actually going to really help your case. Nightmare Moon has style; that's honestly why she's my favorite villain. She really seems to have a sense of class and grace. I love that about her, makes her a cool villain. But anyways; it's going to make you stand out from the crowd. It gives you an air of refinement and class that sets you above "the unwashed commonponies" of Equestria. So you're at a good start. I'd further advise: impress her, show her that you can be useful to her, and most of all; show that you'll be loyal to her. She doubtlessly feels betrayed by Celestia, and so it's going to be extremely hard to earn her trust, but at the same time she's going to want to trust somepony, even if she's too afraid to (or more accurately in her mind: "knows better" than to, as that fool, Luna, did). She's also going to want respect and admiration.

Lots of respect.

That was precisely what I was intending to do, though what may arise if the unlikely 'triumph' comes to happen? After all, Nightmare Moon was conceived from Luna's grudge against Celestia due to the entirety of their subjects being devote to the last's Sun and daytime. Would the sincere appreciation, the actual love emanating from another pony manage to turn her back into her former self? And if said case transpired, what would she do? How could she react at the face of a partner who fell for her whilst being filled with spite and darkness?

Regarding the first meeting and possible date, I'm certain that a variety of silly and emblazoning titles will be spouted. Several times. 

Starting off by asking for a date would not be advisable; you'd want to build some other kind of relationship first, one where you're her ally and the closest thing a tyrant has to a friend. Context is going to be important. Under what circumstances could one even approach Nightmare Moon? Her existence was a short one: from Luna finally cracking at Celestia, fighting her, then banished - to returning a thousand years later, trying to stop the mane 6 from getting The Elements of Harmony, and boom, Luna again. So we'd probably need some sort of alternate timeline; whether outside circumstances have her live longer, or you, directly, somehow stop the mane six. Hah... Good luck with that. But that would be one way to earn Nightmare Moon's trust.

My second OC would probably achieve higher expectations due to his interests and talents being deeply associated with astronomy, in addition to basically being somewhat of a 'nerd' due to his fondness of science on its entirety. I would assume for him to be aware of Nightmare Moon's history (although skeptikal as well, as most of his peer ponies), yet more appreciative of this sublime figure that practically embodies what he has venerated and studied through his whole life; even if he's supposed to be afraid.

A decent span of time took place between Twilight's assembling the main 6 and the final confrontation; there's a slight chance of good guy Astro bad guy Astro undecided yet loyal guy Astro to pay a visit.

Also, for the sake of making the world not end in only a few days, we could maybe say that she changes moonlight so that plants can grow under it, and makes some sort of bioluminescent flower grow that generates warmth so the world doesn't freeze then starve 

A cunning concept indeed. Although I would take into consideration the employment of dragon slaves, because evil beats evil more evilly.

Oh, and getting beat by her is one way to lose her respect; so I'd very much advise against letting that happen.

Never said I would allow such a thing to happen. Alas the only option I fear my OC has is to try his mightiest to avoid stumbling into the eternal abyss in the case of upsetting her.

I hope the poor guy's durable. Such a thing happening would reassemble a chicken bone being thrown into a cage of famished rottweilers.

Edited by Shadow Beam
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I hope like to sign Strong Copper here up for a date, through I'm not quite sure whom to try and set him up with. Arriving at Ponyville, he would be most inclined to speak with Twilight, Fluttershy or Zecora in order to discuss the local Fauna from the Everfree Forest and other surrounding areas like the Froggy Bottom Bogg.

Accepted. Feel free to post.

Well, I'm all new to this so I have no idea what went on in the last rp, I wouldnt mind if we 'wipe the slate clean'. If not, where do I find the previous rp so I can catch up a bit?

Don't worry about it. It really only affects people who where in that last iteration.

*Personal note, Comet about to take up a lot more work.

Yo, prep for the shrekkening of your time mate. xD

Edited by Octavia's Bow
  • Brohoof 1

Mmmm, maybe. Personality-wise she's rather like Chrysalis in a number of ways; a villain who masterminds things and is in charge of a group, and uses members of the group as tools in her cause. Also they're non-humans (humans? Close enough, we'll call them human) in a world of humans. May not have too much an issue of that, though, seeing as Sparity is a thing and they're from Equestria. The harder part to get over would be the manipulative immortal who sees others as tools thing.

True, but that's exactly why I thought it would be interesting to give it a try. Everyone's seen the bright lady and shining knight or the dark lady and the black knight, what about the dark lady and the white knight? (Or black and white knight as the case would be.)

Ezekiel, much like myself, is exactly the kind who would willingly submit himself to a woman who showed interest in him and because he would be a new student, he would have no friendship connections to warp magically, no previous loyalties. In other words, if she can't control him magically, she IS still a siren.

You have to admit, it would at least be more interesting than Ezekiel dating somepony who he already has a kind of commonality with.

@@Octavia's Bow

True, but that's exactly why I thought it would be interesting to give it a try. Everyone's seen the bright lady and shining knight or the dark lady and the black knight, what about the dark lady and the white knight? (Or black and white knight as the case would be.)

Ezekiel, much like myself, is exactly the kind who would willingly submit himself to a woman who showed interest in him and because he would be a new student, he would have no friendship connections to warp magically, no previous loyalties. In other words, if she can't control him magically, she IS still a siren.

You have to admit, it would at least be more interesting than Ezekiel dating somepony who he already has a kind of commonality with.

@@Octavia's Bow

Oh no, I'm certainly not arguing against it. As I said with Nightmare Moon, I'd be interested in seeing where this goes; I just don't want to disappoint anyone who might go dating a villain expecting them to suddenly be nice or something, 'cause those kinds of bronies are plentiful.

EDIT/ADDED: 

This looks fun. If it's alright, I'd like to join with my OC here: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/night-lance-r8975

I'd like to date Luna, please. ^.^

Same sort of thing. Luna's no villain, but she is a princess with an enormous lifespan who lives on kind of a different level than the ponies of Equestria. I'm happy and excited to see you try; just be ready to have to employ some persistence and creativity in how you approach this :P

EDIT/ADDED 2:

So when is this starting? 

Whenever you post :P We'll typically reply with the other characters' responses in a weekly or bi-weekly manner. This week was a break for the move to this new thread. I think typically it's Tuesdays that we get responses out on.

EDIT/ADDED 3:

More thoughts on Luna: She's... Interesting. I think I've already written enough advice. For now, I'll leave y'all to try to decipher her. Think about what she's done and all, though. She's an interesting, kind of funny character with different aspects that relate in interesting ways.

5OmRGUv.pngE3sc0vI.png4ij2zqy.pnghqdefault.jpg

Edited by Comet Tail
  • Brohoof 2

Oh no, I'm certainly not arguing against it. As I said with Nightmare Moon, I'd be interested in seeing where this goes; I just don't want to disappoint anyone who might go dating a villain expecting them to suddenly be nice or something, 'cause those kinds of bronies are plentiful.

Oh believe me, I don't expect her to suddenly flip alignments like a bad D&D magic item. I do hope she comes around by the end, love redeems and all that, but I don't expect it to be automatic.

Thursdays. I don't work on Thursdays. So that's when the replies will be put up. ^.^

cool. I have classes Thursday mornings, so this should make the afternoons something to look foreword to!

Oh believe me, I don't expect her to suddenly flip alignments like a bad D&D magic item. I do hope she comes around by the end, love redeems and all that, but I don't expect it to be automatic.

You know, you could always go the "make five friends, find magical artifacts, then blast her with magical rainbow" route to redeem her. Or just let the mane six do that :P

Though, I must admit, that actually brings up some sticky issues with free will and all. It would be interesting to see her try to be redeemed with nothing more than conversation and non-forceful interaction.

My view on her is that she's been hurt too much, so she's put up walls thicker than China's, and refuses to have any soft emotions anymore, just becoming devoted to the concept of being a powerful, magnificent, feared being. "If they won't love me, I'll teach them to fear me, instead!" sort of deal.

• Brohoof 1