Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Ask Anypony On A Date

Octavia's Bow

Here's a flurry of newcomers. Oh my O.o

I am not Comet. But I would pray for Thursdays and expect a weekend date. Of course, Comet only has one class now, so you got a little shafted by finding yourself under me. Sorry mate.

I'm usually very ambitious in what jobs I bite off - often resulting with me with more than I can chew - but I just feel like noting that I dropped my other classes because of medical reasons I'm exhausted all the time, and have very little energy to get things done. So, while I have less to do, I also have less energy to do those things - so theoretically it should balance out so I'm about average :P

EDIT: Cute Twikle pic to represent my situation, 'cause why not?

thumb.png

Edited by Comet Tail
  • Brohoof 2

Here's a flurry of newcomers. Oh my O.o

I'm usually very ambitious in what jobs I bite off - often resulting with me with more than I can chew - but I just feel like noting that I dropped my other classes because of medical reasons I'm exhausted all the time, and have very little energy to get things done. So, while I have less to do, I also have less energy to do those things - so theoretically it should balance out so I'm about average :P

Newcomers use flurry attack

​Its Super Effective!

• Brohoof 1

Hey, I'm working on a thing. I'm really proud of how the background came out. Gonna vector some art for my date, now that I've done several images for other ponies' :P

Twi deserves something all original, though, so I'm tracing this from screencaps - the vectoring equivalent of building from scratch, hehe. (No, really, if you don't believe that tracing is normal practice in vectoring, then take a look at one of the premiere vectoring groups' galleries')

sig-4212544.UjyqTYf.jpg

Referencing this screencap:

sig-4212544.Twilight_walks_towards_the_w

Note to self... Add city lights to the houses in the valley... :P

Edited by Comet Tail
  • Brohoof 3

UPDATE:

My friend's grandmother ISN'T dead like we previously thought. (The drawbacks to only getting half a conversation) She is, however, critically ill.

This friend of mine, while visiting his grandmother, found out he had a kidney stone.

I will probably work on the replies soon. We want them out on Thursday.

I will get to the newcomers after that. That would be Pip and Vulcan.

• Brohoof 4

UPDATE: My friend's grandmother ISN'T dead like we previously thought. (The drawbacks to only getting half a conversation) She is, however, critically ill. This friend of mine, while visiting his grandmother, found out he had a kidney stone. I will probably work on the replies soon. We want them out on Thursday. I will get to the newcomers after that. That would be Pip and Vulcan.

CHRIST! Now that's a bad week. All my sympathy to him and his family.

UPDATE:

My friend's grandmother ISN'T dead like we previously thought. (The drawbacks to only getting half a conversation) She is, however, critically ill.

This friend of mine, while visiting his grandmother, found out he had a kidney stone.

I will probably work on the replies soon. We want them out on Thursday.

I will get to the newcomers after that. That would be Pip and Vulcan.

So... I was planning on writing these this afternoon/evening... And then I just found out I'm supposed to be 2 hours away at the airport in 5 hours. So I've got 3 hours right now, and that's it. That... That actually might be enough. I'm not sure, though... If it isn't, it might be a day or two - I'll do my best to make it by early tomorrow afternoon.

• Brohoof 2

Sorry I'm a day late! I severely underestimated how much my family had planned for as soon as I got in. I'm certainly trying, though. I'm writing replies while they go eat dinner at some oyster place... Thank you guys, I can't stand the sight of oysters and lobsters, or the smell of fish XP

EDIT: Looks like I might have my share of the replies ready by later tonight... Need to get my own date with Twi replied to, though, so Octavia's Bow can respond to it, heh. Annoying thing is I wrote it, but it got lost somehow but because I did write it I didn't feel the urgency of writing it again very quickly :P

EDIT2:

Whelp, failed again... I have two replies written, finished the art and such for my reply, but now people are bugging me about staying up to 4am and apparently I need to be awake for travel day tomorrow or something, go figure. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep in the car then finish writing these when I get home sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Then I'll look up more info on this research money grant application I really should be sending in to my professor by Monday... I'm putting y'all ahead of that, now, so late as I may be, you can't say I'm not trying and prioritizing y'all highly. (Now, admittedly, I did put my reply to Twilight, first, but this is Twilight we're talking about!) :P

Edited by Comet Tail
  • Brohoof 2

ADDENDUM 3:

Okay, I've got replies for all who've replied.

Still missing Orion Caelum's reply, because he hasn't replied yet. Just a heads' up that he probably won't get an update, then, since there's nothing new for us to work with.

Also, I'm considering formalizing the art thing a bit more for the sake of fairness... Hmmm... It's been fun motivation/inspiration to art, though.

• Brohoof 1

DJ_Pon-3_thumbs_up_EG2.png

*another withering glance at Vinyl*

But in all seriousness, I'm always excited when you all post, it's interesting to see how you'll go with people's dates - Or not go with them.

And yeah, I responded quickly, but again, just the right place at the right time. XD

*another withering glance at Vinyl*

But in all seriousness, I'm always excited when you all post, it's interesting to see how you'll go with people's dates - Or not go with them.

And yeah, I responded quickly, but again, just the right place at the right time. XD

The right place at the right time is a suspicious excuse when it's every time. XD

• Brohoof 1

The right place at the right time is a suspicious excuse when it's every time. XD

Well, I usually get on the forums every so often throughout the day when I have time, and you just to happened to reply right when I got on.

@@Comet Tail,

Think that was enough for now? 

Yes, that is good.

ADDENDUM 1:

Could my OC, Chicken Scratch attempt to date the great and powerful Trixie?

Can I join with my Oc: flamestreak? The mare I choose to go after is Best Waifu Rainbow Dash  :wub:  -_-  >_>  B)  :dash:  :sneer:  :ph34r:  :wau:

PM me. These OCs could use a little polishing before entering this dating world. In the past they would've been fine, but since we've raised the bar...

It's not a "no," it's just a "let's brush these up a little, first."

Edited by Comet Tail
  • Brohoof 1

ADDENDUM 3:

Okay, I've got replies for all who've replied.

Still missing Orion Caelum's reply, because he hasn't replied yet. Just a heads' up that he probably won't get an update, then, since there's nothing new for us to work with.

Also, I'm considering formalizing the art thing a bit more for the sake of fairness... Hmmm... It's been fun motivation/inspiration to art, though.

Yes, sorry about that. I haven't posted in anything for awhile, and this one was especially hard thinking through Wilhelm's response. 

(Although I think he might have to admit that it isn't just an innocent picnic between friends to explain this one... curse his vague poeticness.)

• Brohoof 1

I am in the middle of writing right now as it happens. I'm just super tired, super frustrated with my internet, and super busy with college and finals and my irl job. Also, I took of Thanksgiving, which I hadn't planned to do.

• Brohoof 3

Sorry, guys, almost all of this lateness is pretty much entirely my fault :/ Good news is, a few minutes ago I wrote three replies - then decided I can write the rest at a more reasonable hour when Octavia's likely to be awake so we can post'em at the same time, anyways, like usual...

But the better good news is that this week is finals' week for me, so after Friday I'm free for Christmas break, so I should be much more reliable. Right now is crunch time on some assignments...

• Brohoof 3