Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Season 5 Finale: Trailer Analysis & Predictions

Judgement Day

Okay I know a lot of people are predicting that things will get so bad that Starlight and Twilight will have to team up to fix everything, but I've got another idea 

Okay so instead of that, Twilight keeps trying to fix the timeline but messes it up so badly the rest of the Mane 6 vanish from existence or the like and Twilight knows she's can't fix it, so she surrenders to Starlight and lets her win, giving us the Equalville shot from Hasbro.  While dejected, Twilight is happy to see her friends are still there, albeit in this distopia, which starts to break through the equalization process, leading them to the throne room in Twilight's castle.  They all gather in the thrown room and sit in there respective chairs and look at the chandelier above and remember who they are and what makes them special, activating the "Cutie Mark Magic" and restoring both Ponyville and the timeline. Starlight curses Twilight for ruining her utopia again and tries to counteract it once more, but is stopped but Twilight and Co. and is captured. Everyone asks what to do with her and Twilight says she'll take her on a a pupil in order to help her see the light of friendship, and thus Starlight is exiled/imprisoned in the Cutie Castle.  Basically it would set up Starlight as Twilight's pupil without reforming her, making her essentially the MLP equivalent of Negan from The Walking Dead comics

• Brohoof 1

>I Keep pressing the brohoof button but it won't reach a millon!

Agreed so freaking much. She's a good antagonist, but I honestly don't feel she's ANYWHERE near 2 parter villain territory. She feels on par with Trixie as a villain, not really "Threaten equestria" tier villainy.

hell, the only reason she looks to be a threat here is because the crew threw here an "I WIN" artifact plot tailored to let her screw things up in time.

Not all villains need to be most powerfull or most evil characters even in premiere and finale episodes. After Tyrek it is good that the new villain was not someone who is a big powerfull bad type but something different. Abd Starlight Glimmer is clearly a very powerfull for a unicorn with her Cutie Mark removal spell, teleportation and time-travel spell now. It is just that Twilight is more powerfull. But it does not mean that Starlight is Trixie level just because she is not the same level as an alicorn.

Well...I don't know...what was the point of Amending Fences if it's never gonna be brought up again? That would make it a filler episode and a unnecessary one as well. Of course, it's still my favourite episode of the show. 

What I mean is that Twilight making amends with her Canterlot friends should be an important plot point in season five's (nearly invisible) story arc. If that wasn't made as a plot point, then what's the point of the episode? Fan service? Could probably be the answer, but I would be so disappointed if that was the case. 

For this very reason, I asked M.A Larson himself on Twitter if Twilight's old friends would appear again. He just said: 

"We'll see..." 

Now that doesn't tell me anything. I think he was being vague and that they're gonna appear at some point again and have something planned for them. It could also mean that he hadn't been planning anything. 

But I then read the Netflix description for part two of the season finale. Well, it says that Twilight and her friends continue to fight Starlight's attempts to alter the past. Of course, this is almost 99% sure to be the main Mane Five...but there might be the very tiny chance that it might be Twilight's Canterlot friends. 

Amending Fences came and went without being brought up in a later episode. Even "What About Discord?" in which Twilight was supposed to have returned from a trip to Canterlot. This gave me the tiny hope that Twilight had went there to visit her friends there. 

So...I'm confused about that.

Now, about the season finale itself. Well, me, personally, think it's gonna end just like any other MLP season...on a happy note. The show can't get possibly get any darker. The season finale should always end happily! Well, if that's the case, then consider me uninterested. 

But, maybe the journey to the destination will be better. After all, a lot can happen and we actually don't know how the season finale is gonna end. 

I would really want the show to try something different for their season finale. Like end it on a cliffhanger, like someone else said in this thread.

I would go on but I don't have the information I need. I'll continue later.

Will Spike be written out of the show in the finale?

Nah, spike gets dragged along with twilight through time. And the effects of the time travel spell seem to make one immune to the time retcon changes since twilight's still around as an alicorn after Starlight alters time.

So spikes safe as well, at least safe so long as whatever magic is keeping them "outside of time" holds up.

Excellent analysis. :D 

I wonder, though, if any of the other dangerous events have occurred in this alternate timeline. 

Like, does this take place at the beginning of Season 1, or at the current time? Has Discord escaped yet? What about Tirek and Sombra? Is there an Alternate-timeline Twilight/Spike? I wonder...

On a somewhat related note:

No_need_for_felt_anymore.png

It seems like Starlight will send Twilight and Spike back in time and prevent the rainboom that connected the mane 6 to begin with from happening. From there, the mane 6 will never meet and there will be many changes along the timeline as seen in the promo. The rainboom idea comes from the presentation Twilight was doing in the SDCC animatic that highlighted their cutie marks and the rainboom that set it off.