spoiler Do you think Starlight Glimmer will join the Mane 6

CheekyBoy

It would not feel right for her to become one of the Mane 6. She did not get her cutie because of the rainboom as far as we know. She is not apart of the elements of harmony, the tree of harmony, nor throne at the cutie map. She is not represented as one of the five outer stars on Twilight's cutie mark.

We barely get to see Trixie and Discord so Starlight will probably get similar treatment.

Hasbro is not pumping out tons of Starlight merchandise like they did for Princess Twilight. All I have seen is a design-a-pony pop (that toy line has not sold very well) and a brushable figure.

I would actually like to see them try to insert her as a member of the main cast. This is largely because unlike Discord, I have my doubts that she can hold her own as a once-in-a-while secondary character and she will likely need stronger progression that Discord didn't get.

Saying that I'm open-minded about this. :)

• Brohoof 2

Not saying I wouldn't mind seeing a new member of the cast, since I have this guilty pleasure of considering Sunset to join one day, I just wish something like this would have came sooner since it seems so late to have another join the team. I would even consider it more naturally if Spike "officially" became one of the mane characters since we've been introduced to him since the beginning and seem to already have strong relationships with all of them. But who knows? We'll see. 

• Brohoof 1

realistically i'm seeing her entrance in season 6 as something akin to Discord, Big Mac etc... 

Although seeing her as a 7th may very well be a thing too.

Either way I'm ok just can't wait for season 6!

post-35804-0-48735100-1449568723.jpgpost-35804-0-76992000-1449568729.jpg

post-35804-0-36267200-1449568739.jpg

post-35804-0-40380200-1449568746_thumb.jpg

I could be completely wrong but I thought I heard something about her being apart of the mane 6, which would make it the mane 7. That could be completely false though. My opinion on it, I don't think she deserves to join the mane 6, t least not yet. I would rather see he be developed and actually make up for the wrongs that she did first. Plus I would love to see us get much more info about her. She may have to join the mane 6 for this to happen fully, but I have a feeling we will know in the season 6 premiere. 

I was thinking how before Twilight became a Princess, there were, in the Mane 6: 2 unicorns, 2 pegasi, and two earth ponies. Just saying, I would be fine if Starlight became part of the Mane 6 (Mane 7?). Then it would be: 1 alicorn, 2 unicorns, 2 pegasi, and 2 earth ponies.

Edited by instrumaniac3

• 1 month later...

I kinda feel bad for saying I hope she doesn't, but I just sorta feel like she might become too much of a third wheel (seventh wheel?) while at the same time essentially being Twilight Sparkle 2.0.

Another problem that arises is the fact that there are six elements of harmony...so is Starlight the new element of magic, or is she just sort of her own, element-less member of the mane cast? I'm just not sure how this would play out.

I agree with another poster in that I kinda hope she's more of a Discord role than an actual mane six + spike role.

But maybe all my arguments against her are just unfounded and she actually will make a great addition to the team. Who knows. They managed to do it with Sunset Shimmer, maybe they can do it with Starlight.

• Brohoof 1

Possibly, Starlight Glimmer will join the Mane Six. But in all honesty, I would rather want her to be more of a recurring side character that lends a hoof during the course of the season than become a part of the Mane Six.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

They might add her in permanently, but I honestly doubt it, unless they add that they found a 7th mysterious element of harmony, because that is how the Mane 6 is united. I really hope they don't, because they really are the best of friends, not just friends. But I would be happy with just a Discord out of Starlight Glimmer; just being a reocurring character.

They might add her in permanently, but I honestly doubt it, unless they add that they found a 7th mysterious element of harmony, because that is how the Mane 6 is united. I really hope they don't, because they really are the best of friends, not just friends. But I would be happy with just a Discord out of Starlight Glimmer; just being a reocurring character.

They ditched the elements of harmony a LONG time ago; that;s not an issue at this point. The only thing they'd need would be for the map to generate a new chair, and BOOM. Instant seventh.

And given how the map is absolute crap in importance compared to the elements of harmony (We go from "the most powerful objects known to ponies that require a pony that exemplifies a certain trait to its fullest and is truly unique" to "Oh yeah, Your ass will buzz and you'll go solve someone's Problem of arguing with another person!), It really wouldn't be hard to finangle the map having another chair pop up or upset lore.

I think that now that she is confirmed as a student for Twilight, its a possibility that it could happen.. Still hoping that this won't be the case though as there is barely time in the season for the other main characters.. adding in another would be a bad call in my opinion.