Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who exactly is Princess Cadance?

Eric Noecker

Based on Cadence's appearance we learned three things:

1. Alicorns are not immortal naturally. (Who would marry someone whose going to die after 65 years or so and then live as a widow forever.) (We have no proof of anyone but Celestia being long living, Luna's age appears to have been frozen for 1000 years and Cadence was a teen pony when Twilight was a filly. Which wipes out aging differences.)

2. Celestia and Luna arn't the only alicorns living atm. There must at least be 5.

-- 1 boy - 4 girls at bare minimum Alicorns don't asexually reproduce

3. Spane (get it) is a real country either that or Italy (can't think of a pony pun)

Celestia must have some fountain of youth or a batch of clones which she uses to stay immortal.

1. How arent alicorns naturally immortal? Obviously they are born as fillies and grow up to their adult forms, then they stay that way.

2. Makes sense

3, Erm...ok?

Also notice that for some reason Twilight called Candance a unicorn not an alicorn in the flashback.

Hey guys, about the whole "alicorns being special" thing, someone (I forgot who) posted a topic that screenshotted a couple members of the Royal Guard as being alicorns as well. So male non-royalty alicorns are canon.

Edited by Aureity

Hey guys, about the whole "alicorns being special" thing, someone (I forgot who) posted a topic that screenshotted a couple members of the Royal Guard as being alicorns as well. So male non-royalty alicorns are canon.

pretty sure that was an animation error.

I believe it's spelled "Cadence" not "Candence"

Apparently Princess Cadence is Princess Celestia's niece, so I guess that would automatically make her a princess. Not really sure where she came from though...maybe she lives in Canterlot? Actually, we know she was Twilight's foalsitter (babysitter) but we don't really know too much else about her I suppose...

The further question to that being: Who is her mother or father, which would give Celestia another sister or brother. Oh dear, it's Blueblood all over again! D: ~

The further question to that being: Who is her mother or father, which would give Celestia another sister or brother. Oh dear, it's Blueblood all over again! D: ~

That was explained by Faust apparently, but I don't remember what the explanation was. However, I know for a fact that she said Celestia does not have any other siblings besides Luna.

Celestia must have some fountain of youth or a batch of clones which she uses to stay immortal.

Maybe Celestia is secretly a bunch of rogue Changelings that pretend to be a powerful immortal alicorn generation after generation to:

a ) feed off the love of the loyal subjects

b ) hide from the royal Changeling line (thus Chrysalis didn't know the truth)

XP

That was explained by Faust apparently, but I don't remember what the explanation was. However, I know for a fact that she said Celestia does not have any other siblings besides Luna.

I really want to know what the explanation is...

Right now, my theory is that the number of super powerful and immortal alicorns was very very low so one or some of them ended up with a normal pony. The mares or colts from that union were alicorns but not immortal and not as powerful.

Edited by Lirael

My theory is that alicorns are the gods of the world of MLP. Each of them represents an aspect in the world.

Celestia = The sun

Luna = The moon

Candance = Love

Their job is to run the world like the laws of physics.

Each land gets their own Alicorn rulers, Candance was in Equestria because of the wedding. But will go back to her land when its over.

Where that land is, I dont know.

Also, were Alicorns in any of the previous mlp generations and has the word "alicorn" even appeared in cannon?

my head canon is that Cadence is actually the daughter of the "Love Poison" alicorn that was taken away from her by celestia before her mother was banished for the destruction she cause in love

Dang: just found out it was the prince that made the potion, then again, it could be that it was possibly altered...

and as for loving someone that will die/will never die... well, that's how true love works, don't make me get Otoya Kurenai in here

Edited by Captain Marvelous
  • Brohoof 1

"Cadence’s birth had been a strange one. She was originally a unicorn, and her twin brother was a pegasus. In the womb of their mother though, something terrible had happened. Cadence had absorbed her brother. One fetus absorbing the other was a surprisingly common occurrence, but in Cadence’s case she had kept her brother’s wings, the only tell-tale sign that something was wrong being the purple tinge on their edge, the last remnants of her brother’s coat. When Cadence was born her mother had abandoned her, blaming her for ‘murdering’ her sibling, and so she had found herself adopted by the royal household. "

What you just read is an Excerpt from a Fanfic which i cannot, in good conscience, link to.

>Looks at signature

Oh...my...god...

In all seriousness, though, I don't believe alicorns to be gods, persay, but rather rare and powerful types of ponies that are all in the royal family to guard Equestria.

Edited by Prince Dusk

you know, I do think you guys are taking "Niece" and "Nephew" a bit too literal in terms with Celestia

as I see it, those that call her aunt are really just decedents of Luna (if Luna was her only sister, and there wasn't any non-Alicorn siblings), and instead of them calling Celstia Great Great Great GreatGreat Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Aunt Celestia, I picture she just has them call her Aunt

Basically, even Prince Blueblood's grandparents calls her Aunt

Edited by Captain Marvelous