Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who exactly is Princess Cadance?

Eric Noecker

I'm kinda surprised this topic has not been breached yet.

Who the flying buck is Princess Candence?

Where did she come from?

What is she the princess of?

Whats does she DO?

We know she babysat twilight and has the power of love and thats it.

Also, what are alicorns? Where do they come from? are they gods? Are they even rare? Is there some land of Alicorns?

I hope season 3 answers some of these questions. But seriously, unlike Luna and Celestia, who were established from the beginning, Candence and subsequently, Shining Armor came out of nowhere with no explanation at all.

This doesnt stop Candence from being an interesting character,far from it, she is easily one of the best in the series, and thats saying something, take that gilda or trixie (God I hate those two so much)

I know what you mean, I felt this episode was very Deus ex machina, not just in the ending, but in the whole story line and plot of the show thus far.

• Brohoof 1

I believe it's spelled "Cadence" not "Candence"

Apparently Princess Cadence is Princess Celestia's niece, so I guess that would automatically make her a princess. Not really sure where she came from though...maybe she lives in Canterlot? Actually, we know she was Twilight's foalsitter (babysitter) but we don't really know too much else about her I suppose...

She is a mystery and like Eric said I do hope season 3 gives some explanation. I also hope in season 3 we get to see a bit of Shining Armor and Princess Cadence as guest appearances or a part of one episode. They have interesting concepts and are important ponies, I would hate to see them just used for a one time event and then never seen or heard of again. Especially after the whole BBBFF music number.

If Cadence is Celestia's niece, she is either Luna's daughter (which seems unlikely, because Luna and her didn't even talk in the episode) or, they have another sibling. If they have another sibling, what was their power? Were they there at the beginning of time as well? And if not, then how did they appear? How come they've never mentioned him/her before?

So many questions...

• Brohoof 1

"Cadence’s birth had been a strange one. She was originally a unicorn, and her twin brother was a pegasus. In the womb of their mother though, something terrible had happened. Cadence had absorbed her brother. One fetus absorbing the other was a surprisingly common occurrence, but in Cadence’s case she had kept her brother’s wings, the only tell-tale sign that something was wrong being the purple tinge on their edge, the last remnants of her brother’s coat. When Cadence was born her mother had abandoned her, blaming her for ‘murdering’ her sibling, and so she had found herself adopted by the royal household. "

What you just read is an Excerpt from a Fanfic which i cannot, in good conscience, link to.

• Brohoof 1

"Cadence’s birth had been a strange one. She was originally a unicorn, and her twin brother was a pegasus. In the womb of their mother though, something terrible had happened. Cadence had absorbed her brother. One fetus absorbing the other was a surprisingly common occurrence, but in Cadence’s case she had kept her brother’s wings, the only tell-tale sign that something was wrong being the purple tinge on their edge, the last remnants of her brother’s coat. When Cadence was born her mother had abandoned her, blaming her for ‘murdering’ her sibling, and so she had found herself adopted by the royal household. "

What you just read is an Excerpt from a Fanfic which i cannot, in good conscience, link to.

What in celestias name.....

I dont think I WANT a link to it. Good call mate.

I've been studying conjoined twins and birth defects, so that actually makes a lot of sense to me XD

But anyway, only royal family members seem to be alicorns - whether the royal bloodline somehow only produces alicorns, or an alicorn born anywhere is sent to Canterlot to be a princess. Do we know of any male alicorns? Prince Blueblood was just a unicorn... which means not *all* royal family members are alicorns. But he's the only male royal family member, born into the royal family considering he's single, that I think we know of. Can only females inherit both the wings and the horn? ... I hope we see some male alicorns.

I... umm... sort of... want a link...

Could you at least give me the name, or some keywords to search for?

I thought it was a bit weird with Cadence and Shining Armour just appearing out of nowhere. I mean we've never heard Twilight mention him before and he wasn't present at Twi's entrance exam for Celestia's school (which I thought the whole family would've attended). Same with Cadence, although, I can see exceptions for her.

I would like to see more of them in Season 3 and more of Luna.

Well, Celestia also has a nephew who is just a unicorn, Prince BlueBlood.

I think Alicorns are divine ponies, to an extent. Cadance's power is love, Celestia rules the sun, Luna the moon. Prince BlueBlood's special ability is being a snob :P

I believe they are born to keep peace. I mean, how awful would it be if controlling important matters like Day and Night were handed out like regular cutie marks? Chaos might ensue.

It's hard to know what the role of Princess Cadance has since Celestia has yet to step down as ruler for a thousand years.

Let's see...Celestia is in charge of rising and falling of the sun. Luna is the same for the moon. Cadance seems be able to influence ponies with the power of love or at least give another pony's love an extra boost they need to overcome their current issues. (A powerful ability if you think about it!)

Ponies of the past could do those same feats but only as a collective group. Maybe the term "Princess" refers to any pony with a power to do such abilities without any assistance.

Maybe all ailcorns are not born but were transformed after their past mortal pony selves realize the true extent of their power.

If that's the case...maybe Twilight and Shining Armor might become ailcorns themselves one day once their powers are fully realized.

Edited by windy_prance

Based on Cadence's appearance we learned three things:

1. Alicorns are not immortal naturally. (Who would marry someone whose going to die after 65 years or so and then live as a widow forever.) (We have no proof of anyone but Celestia being long living, Luna's age appears to have been frozen for 1000 years and Cadence was a teen pony when Twilight was a filly. Which wipes out aging differences.)

2. Celestia and Luna arn't the only alicorns living atm. There must at least be 5.

-- 1 boy - 4 girls at bare minimum Alicorns don't asexually reproduce

3. Spane (get it) is a real country either that or Italy (can't think of a pony pun)

Celestia must have some fountain of youth or a batch of clones which she uses to stay immortal.